Statue Sideshow Superman Rebirth Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is not human though lol he is kryptonian his phisology is explained in great detail in the comics, him getting sun burned/ Tan is not compatible with it. The sun can destroy him if he gets too close, just like a battery too high a voltage can cause them to explode, just like superman's cells. His cells absorb too much energy and they become unstable and explode, but it was not burning him lol. See all star superman. The outside battery doesn't burn just like steel doesn't burn until exposed to great heats, its implosion from inside from too much power/energy

I'm thinking this statue isn't for you.

You right this imposter sufer dude is cosplay superman in a nicely sculpted costume and base... Rewatch superman the movie and even man of steel, they kept both those actors out of the sun, so no tan was showing on their skin.. Smallville had the same problem, they didn't want welling to get a tan so they filmed in Canada... but both Cavil and Reeve's skin were white not tan, even filmmakers considered this

Smallville had the same problem, they didn't want welling to get a tan so they filmed in Canada...

That's not why they shot in Canada. Vancouver has an incentive program called FIBC (Film Incentive BC Tax Credit) which has made it one of the tops cities for film and TV production. That's why the Arrow-verse shoots there, as well as Supernatural, Riverdale, The Good Doctor, and many others.

That's not why they shot in Canada. Vancouver has an incentive program called FIBC (Film Incentive BC Tax Credit) which has made it one of the tops cities for film and TV production. That's why the Arrow-verse shoots there, as well as Supernatural, Riverdale, The Good Doctor, and many others.

Yes you are correct, I should have said part of the reason, in either case all directors of superman projects made it a point to make sure the actors weren't tanned during filming.

99cfc3d705eb6ec06f27507bc50d7b5c--superman--henry-caville.jpg
henry-cavill-man-of-steel-wallpaper-hd-142654.jpg
272739__64245_1342529044_380_500.jpg
3C379C6400000578-4130082-image-m-3_1484695293730.jpg
19663519.jpg

Even Dean Cain who has naturally darker skin was lightened in post production for the TV show
TSDLOAN_EC083_H-1200x832 Dean C supes.jpg

Cant get much whiter than that as a human being.. no sun exposure

Instead we get superman whose skin tone looks like this
surfer-dude-6169498.jpg

Surfer Bro skin cancer dude Supes FTL

Got mine today, it’s really well done and overall I’m extreme pleased but the skin tone is indeed too dark. I’m gonna have my portrait and hands repainted, yes it bothers me that much.

Also I will be keeping my OG PF, while this statue is a killer rendition of a younger new 52 Supes the original is just as good at being the classic version.

This is based on Rebirth not the New 52 Superman
Rebirth brought back the older version of Superman - he is from another dimension, pretty much the superman we had before the New 52 but he has his son

This is based on Rebirth not the New 52 Superman
Rebirth brought back the older version of Superman - he is from another dimension, pretty much the superman we had before the New 52 but he has his son

You are correct my bad. Jesus this is a tough crowd. Lol

I bought the statue, I love the statue but if you think that this skin tone is ok or "normal" for Superman you're out of your mind. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_6212.jpg
    IMG_6212.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_6213.jpg
    IMG_6213.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 131
yeah I think a lot of the pictures shown so far are a bit washed out from the lighting.... walls pictures looks more accurate...

The pics have been pretty great for this. It's a toss up for me on getting or not.
Sigh. Same here. Its between this and DD. This would go nice with power girl but DD would look good with wolverine and spidey pf. Choices

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hie skin tone looks great in those last pics, id buy it if I was guaranteed to get one painted like that. Knowing my luck ill get a sufer bro painted one. I still dont like the cape at all but my love for supes would allow me to overlook that, surfer bro skin though, i just cant do it

I noticed most people are flaring the cape out, I went for the slimmed down blowing look.

Attachments

• 46E148C5-226F-4DB8-B8D4-7F1F654F357C.jpg
    46E148C5-226F-4DB8-B8D4-7F1F654F357C.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 131
Back