Statue Sideshow Superman Rebirth Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just opened my tan Superman, lol
For those of you worried about the skin tone, I really don't think it's bad at all
Yes, he's tan when you see his skin against the bright white styrofoam but once displayed, he doesn't look bad
I really don't think anybody looking at a collection would point him out and say, why is he so dark?

The only issue I had was I think a tiny piece of the base was broken off and I believe glued back on
It's tiny and in the back and I'm not going to do anything about it
Overall, it's an excellent statue!

Just got mine. Yeah, he's got a better tan, but it doesn't look bad at all. I'm ok with him not being a pasty white.

Its an amazing looking sculpt. I didn't want the hush or the iron studios because the bodies looked far to exaggerated. This one is awesome though. Its amazing what they can do now with the fabric sculpts. It makes my original PF Supes look pretty sad next to the new one.

Just got mine. Yeah, he's got a better tan, but it doesn't look bad at all. I'm ok with him not being a pasty white.

Its an amazing looking sculpt. I didn't want the hush or the iron studios because the bodies looked far to exaggerated. This one is awesome though. Its amazing what they can do now with the fabric sculpts. It makes my original PF Supes look pretty sad next to the new one.

I agree with you on the sculpt...just the details in the hands, the nerves, fingernails....these sculptors are pushing things to the next level and it's awesome to see. No disrespect to any company but when it comes to sculpting, I think Sideshow does it best.

Just received mine, yes it's a little tan but overall I think it's a fantastic statue. Far better than the OG PF.
783ee3f9929bd856f86a71e90d22f944.jpg
8273bddbebe81756e343a5337f232601.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He should be tan!! The sun fuels him!!

Lol your very confused, the sun may fuel him (charge, strengthen and heal him) but it doesn't burn or hurt him like it does us, not sure if you realize this but Tanned skin is actually skin that is damaged cooked by the suns uv rays.

Even if you have naturally dark skin or never burn and always tan, that still means the sun is damaging your skin. And you can still get skin cancer and wrinkles some day. Our yellow sun doesn't have this effect on him, it has the opposite effect, therefore he can only tan under a Red sun. A tanned superman on earth is contradictory to his physiology- its not possible. It would be like saying water hurts aquaman

Maybe Clark Kent uses a little bronzer from time to time? Tan or no tan I think the statue looks really good.

Got mine today, it’s really well done and overall I’m extreme pleased but the skin tone is indeed too dark. I’m gonna have my portrait and hands repainted, yes it bothers me that much.

Also I will be keeping my OG PF, while this statue is a killer rendition of a younger new 52 Supes the original is just as good at being the classic version.

Weren't people going on about his chin being too big when this was first announced? I'd be tempted to have it repainted too personally, as I can't unsee the skin tone

Lol your very confused, the sun may fuel him (charge, strengthen and heal him) but it doesn't burn or hurt him like it does us, not sure if you realize this but Tanned skin is actually skin that is damaged cooked by the suns uv rays.

Even if you have naturally dark skin or never burn and always tan, that still means the sun is damaging your skin. And you can still get skin cancer and wrinkles some day. Our yellow sun doesn't have this effect on him, it has the opposite effect, therefore he can only tan under a Red sun. A tanned superman on earth is contradictory to his physiology- its not possible. It would be like saying water hurts aquaman

Did not think of it that way. You could not be more correct!!!

if real world rules didn't apply then comic book writers would never go thru paintstaking details of explaining how they get their powers (the event) & why these powers allow them to do amazing feats on earth within the contraints of natural law, physics and order? That's the whole point of superheroes, create a believable back story to explain their powers and why they can do what they do on earth. If they just ingnored real world rules, earth in the comics would be urecognizable to us, nor would it be relatable at all. If they just tossed a hero onto an earth where rules don't apply, humans fly, gravity is backwords,, bullets bounce off ordinary citizens. it wouldn't sell very well, because it wouldn't be believable-- cause that's not how earth is.

If the sun heals superman it cannot harm him at the same time- Why even bother explaining what the sun does to superman if real would rules don't apply. Once you establish what the sun and our atmosphere does to his cells, you cant just say but he can tan too.. it makes no sense. I go back to aquaman, the water heals his skin but also wilts (water damage) it at the same time??? The sun is supermans battery much like the water is for aquaman, that is the whole basis of these characters being believable... On the flipside, how would you like a superman statue where he is shown holding kryptonite and getting stronger...

Why not? There are many benefits of sunlight to humans, and yet it also can do great harm.

He is not human though lol he is kryptonian his phisology is explained in great detail in the comics, him getting sun burned/ Tan is not compatible with it. The sun can destroy him if he gets too close, just like a battery too high a voltage can cause them to explode, just like superman's cells. His cells absorb too much energy and they become unstable and explode, but it was not burning him lol. See all star superman. The outside battery doesn't burn just like steel doesn't burn until exposed to very high temperatures, its implosion from inside from too much power/energy

Back