Statue Sideshow Superman Rebirth Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep going back and forth between this piece the new Wonder Woman PF.
Can't decide which one to get. (Only have enough store credit for one)

Well, you could look at it this way - buy them both at 50% off!?!?

I’m trying to clear some space for these as well but I think I’m going to hold out for free shipping - probably on the regular editions somewhere down the road.

I keep going back and forth between this piece the new Wonder Woman PF.
Can't decide which one to get. (Only have enough store credit for one)

Superman rebirth has two issues that are preventing me from buying it atm, skin color (which i hated at first but new pictures dont make it look as dark) and that hideous looking fabric cape- the cape is by far the worst offender. The paint and sculpt are both stellar but the ****ing cape brings it all down. If only it was sculpted or at the very least they used a much higher quality cloth material for the cape then they did.

Wonder Woman- assuming googoley eye was a one off, that mascera is still painted on way to thick (like she painted her full eye lid with it lol), and overall the paint isnt as good as the proto, its a tad bit more harsh (not such a big deal)

If i had to chose id go with wonder woman, overall package is better. That ****ing cape just ruins that supes statue.. i just dont know why they cheaped out on it. I really want to buy it, love supes, but everytime i see that cape my eyes will fixate on it. Damn

Superman rebirth has two issues that are preventing me from buying it atm, skin color (which i hated at first but new pictures dont make it look as dark) and that hideous looking fabric cape- the cape is by far the worst offender. The paint and sculpt are both stellar but the ****ing cape brings it all down. If only it was sculpted or at the very least they used a much higher quality cloth material for the cape then they did.

Wonder Woman- assuming googoley eye was a one off, that mascera is still painted on way to thick (like she painted her full eye lid with it lol), and overall the paint isnt as good as the proto, its a tad bit more harsh (not such a big deal)

If i had to chose id go with wonder woman, overall package is better. That ****ing cape just ruins that supes statue.. i just dont know why they cheaped out on it. I really want to buy it, love supes, but everytime i see that cape my eyes will fixate on it. Damn

You really hate fabric capes lol personally I think it looks great

The skin tone is another matter but if I loved it enough I'd prob take the chance and see if I like it in hand

You really hate fabric capes lol personally I think it looks great

The skin tone is another matter but if I loved it enough I'd prob take the chance and see if I like it in hand

I don't hate all fabric capes just poor quality fabric capes because they cheapen the look of the entire statue. I have Prime 1 Cyborg supes on PO, which also has a fabric cape but as you can see its a very high quality fabric cape not made of cheap looking materials like SSC used on this supes statue (i guess to cut cost). Had they used the same material that Prime 1 used on Cyborg Supes i'd be all of over it. At the current price points, there is no excuse for SSC to cheap out on these capes. They aren't cheap dc collectible statues or action figures where you expect ****** quality capes, its really not cool to the sculptors and painters of this fine statue, or us the collectors lol.

I don't hate all fabric capes just poor quality fabric capes because they cheapen the look of the entire statue. I have Prime 1 Cyborg supes on PO, which also has a fabric cape but as you can see its a very high quality fabric cape not made of cheap looking materials like SSC used on this supes statue (i guess to cut cost). Had they used the same material that Prime 1 used on Cyborg Supes i'd be all of over it. At the current price points, there is no excuse for SSC to cheap out on these capes. They aren't cheap dc collectible statues or action figures where you expect ****** quality capes, its really not cool to the sculptors and painters of this fine statue, or us the collectors lol.

Perhaps some custom capes will start popping up soon, if they haven’t already, though that will obviously add to the cost.

Perhaps some custom capes will start popping up soon, if they haven’t already, though that will obviously add to the cost.

I know at some point therewill be, but why make such a nice statue and put such a cheap crappy looking cape on it. Its like buidling the perfect musscle car but then put cheap tires and rims on it. Whats the point of that, you are basically taking the hard work of the sculpter and painter and throwing it away. Like why create such a nice piece just to ruin it with cheap looking accessory. I dont get it at all other than being blatently cheap. Just think if you sculpted and painted a masterpiece and it was ruined by 1 cheap accessory, all because the company wanted to save a buck, not only does it ruin the artestry it destroys all their hard work. This statue looks better without the cape then with it, which is completely rediculous considering how easy the cape attachmemt is in comparison to the sculpt and paint that went into this. But they cheap out... its terrible

The cape isn't nearly as bad as you think it is, and quite frankly it's as nice as the "custom" cape I bought for my OG Supes. I think it's the way everyone has it flared out, it's wired so it can be manipulated into just about any form and it has the symbol on it as well.

Attachments

• IMG_6203.jpg
    IMG_6203.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_6201.jpg
    IMG_6201.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 153
We got some wizard like posers of capes, but again no matter how good someone is at posing it, it still doesn't look like a high quality cloth cape, because frankly it isn't made of nice materials. Just look at the way it drapes around his shoulders or how it looks in the straight position. We've seen plenty superhero movies now to know what a quality cape should look like, how it drapes, how naturally it lays on the on the shoulders. Look at the prime 1 cyborg supes cloth cape or even the hush hush superman, those capes are made of high quality material, its a huge difference in how they drape and fit the statue; the quality is evident in the pictures. Yes they are more expensive statue but again most of that is due to bigger scale, with the current prices of 1/4 ssc statues now there is no excuse why they couldn't use the same material in 1/4 scale size cape. I just dont like how they operate, they want to charge top dollar like the big boys, but then cheap out wherever they can to make a few extra bucks on the margin, as a result they leave sales on the table and their stock doesn't move as fast as it should. Had they just put on a prime 1 quality cloth cape the ex would probably be sold out by now.

Let it go, man. The cape looks nice and everyone who has it agrees

Will do man, i just really wanted to buy this if you guys are happy with this cape good.for you. Im just a picky person i guess esp when spending this kind of money. You cant hold that against me but again the difference in quality in capes is evident. Im not trying to hate this statue for the hell of it or to troll, i really like it but imo the cape sucks, if your ok with it then nothing i will say will change your perspective, im not trying too. But at the same time i have a right to point out the obvious difference in quality. Its obvious, to anyone, that the material used looks cheap compared to the material used by prime 1 for their fabric capes. I am just bitter, beacuse i want this statue in my collection but i hate that cape. I wish i was like most of you guys that were happy with the cape we got.

Will do man, i just really wanted to buy this if you guys are happy with this cape good.for you. Im just a picky person i guess esp when spending this kind of money. You cant hold that against me but again the difference in quality in capes is evident. Im not trying to hate this statue for the hell of it or to troll, i really like it but imo the cape sucks, if your ok with it then nothing i will say will change your perspective, im not trying too. But at the same time i have a right to point out the obvious difference in quality. Its obvious, to anyone, that the material used looks cheap compared to the material used by prime 1 for their fabric capes. I am just bitter, beacuse i want this statue in my collection but i hate that cape. I wish i was like most of you guys that were happy with the cape we got.

I pretty much agree with you... but understand people who spent $585 on this don't want to hear about how cheap looking their cape is.... IMO it's the standard cloth SS uses with most of their statues so I think most people expect it to be what it is... I just don't like cloth period on statues but that's just me...

I get you, maybe I've just not been spoiled by prime 1's capes, or not that picky. However it is all opinions as there are some who say cyborg supes' cape looks rubbish. I just don't see it lol

I have no problem with someone saying they don’t like a statue I like, and I’m also not defending my purchase. Honestly the cape is pretty nice for what it is, I’ve seen **** fabric capes and this one isn’t ****.
Now the skin tone, that’s a whole different problem.

received_595571504227223.jpg

I like fabric capes with sculpted body's. There's a uniqueness and you get a sense of realism when you pose them the right way. It took me days and many hours to get it right. But I'm pretty happy how it turned out. I think sculpted capes should only be used when appropriate. Like on the Batman vs Superman Dio. That could use a couple nice sculpted tweaks.

I do like sculpted capes though. I plan on getting another Superman statue with a sculpted cape, when one gets made in 1:4 that's to my liking.

Just got this guy today. Could not be happier, outstanding statue. Love the texture on the suit and the details on the base. I’ll leave a few pictures over here

3D6977C3-E6A6-4165-AEBE-19D1B9D5CC9F.jpg

61D1D26E-8CBF-418F-9675-41F8424400C2.jpg

Attachments

• C18F167F-3C59-4119-B8B4-466D8815315C.jpg
    C18F167F-3C59-4119-B8B4-466D8815315C.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 4C085011-D7C8-47B1-A101-879C1B8BB868.jpg
    4C085011-D7C8-47B1-A101-879C1B8BB868.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 176
  • AE40FAFF-B792-48C7-945A-6E71C53B098F.jpg
    AE40FAFF-B792-48C7-945A-6E71C53B098F.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 175
Had a fellow comic book friend over and he asked me when they turned Superman into a Mexican. Lol. I am patiently waiting for my hands and portrait to be repainted, here’s picture proof how ridiculous this paint app really is. Ugh.

Attachments

• 06617B5B-E33C-41D4-8F3C-7E00314AD85F.jpg
    06617B5B-E33C-41D4-8F3C-7E00314AD85F.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 141
  • B44DDC38-DF70-4346-AD3A-27EB1DDDFD58.jpg
    B44DDC38-DF70-4346-AD3A-27EB1DDDFD58.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 130
  • F3E62A6F-0DEE-4319-BD0C-2DE95BF92FF7.jpg
    F3E62A6F-0DEE-4319-BD0C-2DE95BF92FF7.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 132
Back