Statue Sideshow Superman Rebirth Premium Format Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think companies like XM and Prime1 have pushed SSC to probably be more critical of proportions and posing early on in prototype phase. I just wish that carried over into the production phases, esp in paints.

Can't agree more, what with rising prices and all, but I won't hold my breath lol

Agree. Prime 1 Hush Superman is hands down the ultimate rendition of Superman. Yes the base is huge but it will be worth making room for.

Pricey but at least its massive and you know you'll get close if not proto quality. There's basically no risk to preordering...

Pricey but at least its massive and you know you'll get close if not proto quality. There's basically no risk to preordering...

I agree, although Mexican supes is a fair alternative :lol sorry couldn't resist! I'm trying not to look at cyborg supes as he looks amazing

I agree, although Mexican supes is a fair alternative [emoji38] sorry couldn't resist! I'm trying not to look at cyborg supes as he looks amazing
For someone like me the Hush Superman is out of the question. I do not have the space for something that big, nor do I have the money. And lastly I do not collect 1/3 statues.

Overall I'm happy with the new Superman statue, I just wish he didn't have what Marvinmyles dubbed that George Hamilton tan.

Not exactly a fair comparison anyways, like trying to compare a Ferrari to a Vette, same concept but different price ranges. Lol

I couldn't justify shelling out 600 for an inferior product, just reduce your PF budget by 1 statue (assuming you buy 2 a year) and get the hush version- money problem solved. Now if your annual PF budget is just 1 statue, that's a different story. I'd still probably just keep my money, or just buy the 1/4 prime 1 new 52 supes (which is what i did) or wait for Prime 1 or even SSC to release another 1/4 scales supes if you dont like the new 52 costume. It would bug me to spend $600 (which is still a decent chunk of change) knowing there are better quality options out there. For $600 buckeroos you shouldn't be settling on anything, should be top quality paint, sculpt and look exactly like the Prototype (but this PF doesnt). If i hated the new 52 costume (which i dont) I'd rather wait for another 1/4 scale supes to be released by Prime 1. As an owner of the new 52 version, i do not regret buying it over this ssc one, the paint, sculpt, cape, and detail are second to none on the P1 statue, there are no flaws and it looks exactly like the proto. Being a major supes fan i actually considered buying this too, skin tone aside that fabric cape just looks awful i couldn't justify that **** at 550 bucks (600 after shipping taxes) when the sculpted Prime 1 new 52 version sculpted cape is a work of art for basically the same amount of money. I understand a lot of people don't like the new 52 costume but damn its not that much different from the rebirth, both have no red undies, and the Heat vision sculpt on the Prime 1 version looks awesome on display. I've also heard some complaints about the head sculpt or hair on prime 1 looking to Asian and hair not looking like supes. His hair is windblown because he is supposed to be levitating in flight which is also why his cape is sculpted to be bellowing in the wind. As for the face, well he doesn't look Asian to me in hand, he does look at bit alien and like his new 52 comic book drawing counterpart which the statue is based on- like it should right; the heat vision sculpt looks perfect.

Not exactly a fair comparison anyways, like trying to compare a Ferrari to a Vette, same concept but different price ranges. Lol

When you look at the difference in scale the price isn't so far removed from Prime 1. The product should be of similar quality.

I think this piece looks remarkably like the proto.

Admittedly, im also comparing the quality of the SSC production sculpt and paint work to prime one new 52 version. The SSC production piece is close to prototype I give you that but it does lack some fine detail in the face and skin tone is way off. The biggest thing is that hideous fabric cape, it should be way better quality cape like prime 1 fabric capes for this price point. Prime 1 1/4 supes statues has absolutely no flaws, when I say that I mean it, no paint issue of any kind (not even a spec) and looks identical to the prototype not close to it like the SSC version. Every single line of paint is perfect there are no microscopic flaws of any kind, not only that but the paint they use pops like hell, its really high quality paint finish.

I just got this guy. Sadly one of the panels on brainiac’s base came broken, so I asked for an exchange from sideshow. Seeing this in hand, I can confirm that his skin has a dark tone, a little bit darker than lex luthor’s PF, it doesn’t bother though.

I agree that it looks very close to the prototype. I just don't think photos show how uncharacteristicly tanned his skin is...

Here he is with 5 other pieces. Does his skin tone look so out of place compared to the others pictured?

D78-D5-B0-E-C900-4436-B845-91434-F1-D263-B.jpg

Putting him next to huntress might not be the best comparison :lol

I think he looks great but it is bothering me a little now

He's not exactly pale in the comics is he? I assume that is what they are trying to replicate more than a lighter live action Caucasian appearance.

He's not exactly pale in the comics is he? I assume that is what they are trying to replicate more than a lighter live action Caucasian appearance.

Well superman rebirth should have skin tone closer to this then the surfer tan we got.

5815925-9333570731-SMREB.jpg

If you dig real deep and look thru the thousands of superman comics im sure you will find and image or 2 of him as dark as this PF, but 98-99% of them have lighter skin representations. He absorbs yellow sun rays they dont burn him like they do us lol, therefore he really shouldn't brown/tan (i.e. sun damage) at all. He skin color should be the same as the day he left krypton. Maybe he sunbathed as a baby on krypton before his parents put him in the spaceship, but even then based on his powers his pigment should fade (get lighter) the longer he is on earth since the red sun of krypton is no longer around to tan his skin.

Here he is with 5 other pieces. Does his skin tone look so out of place compared to the others pictured?

D78-D5-B0-E-C900-4436-B845-91434-F1-D263-B.jpg
Honestly in your pictures and even in mine he doesn't look as dark as in person. Even my wife, who know nothing of Superman, said he looks brown. While I was unboxing I was like WTF? But I'm getting use to it.

You even metion it in your video, correct? I thought nothing of it until I received my PF. It is what it is.... At first I thought it was a mistake.

Batman is also too dark...

Honestly in your pictures and even in mine he doesn't look as dark as in person. Even my wife, who know nothing of Superman, said he looks brown. While I was unboxing I was like WTF? But I'm getting use ot it.

You even metion it in your video, correct? I thought nothing of it until I received my PF. It is what it is.... At first I thought it was a mistake.

I mentioned in my video that when you first see the portrait against the stark white styrofoam, he looks pretty darn tan, but in the context of the assembled statue, among other statues, it looked just fine.

In the end, I guess it will bother some, and not bother others. We all have varied comfort levels in regards to every aspect of a piece.

Honestly in your pictures and even in mine he doesn't look as dark as in person. Even my wife, who know nothing of Superman, said he looks brown. While I was unboxing I was like WTF? But I'm getting use ot it.

its less of an issue with bats since he has the 5 oclock shadow as well as half his face being covered.

Back