Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, those pictures are great. I still like it, and will probably be getting it soon enough. My only issue here is the "belt" part. A bit higher than it should be and I think that makes the crotch area look abruptly long.

OK, the harsh light of flash photography... bring it!!

15432413389_b1b337dec2_b.jpg

14998899473_4078607ba4_b.jpg

His eyes look exceedingly blue. Is that the flash or what?

The prototype photos have high contrast - lighting can make a lot of difference:

Beautiful pictures! I would have thought people on this forum knew this^^^? And realized my horrible close-ups were to show there were no weird sculpt features or googly eyes? But I expected too much ;)

So now that people have stopped hyperventilating, any tips on positioning this cape? Is the fabric supposed to be this heavy (or the rods supposed to be this weak)?

The box is nice and slim - a cloth cape really makes a difference in box size and shippingweight.

The figure itself is remarkably light too.

I have to admit the paint is a bit shiny. But the costume is great -
DSC_0028.jpg
How many wires are provided inside the cape? two or more? Is this waving form easy to make?
fLSsIGu.jpg

How many wires are provided inside the cape? two or more? Is this waving form easy to make?

There are six wires total. I think it'll take me a year to be able to make it look like that! I think to get the right side above his shoulder to look like that, you'd have to make a really hard bend, which probably looks horrible from other angles.

Yea the belt is way too high. It's lower in the proto bt these new pics are awesome and calm me down alot lol.

Did anybody see that his left hand is in odd position? In proto it's ok.
I noticed that too bt wasn't gonna say it lol. I don't wanna pick it apart too terribly bad until I see it in hand next week

About a year and a half later and it finally arrives. I am excited and can't wait. I am still waiting for SS to charge me my last flex payment (today). Then I await the tracking number. What is even better is that I am on vacation the last portion of this week so I will be home when it arrives. I will also be home for the final days of spooktacular!

Dave, thanks for the last batch of photos. He looks amazing!!! As you said, lighting always makes a lot of difference. Your photos are proof that this PF is really awesome. :clap

Yeah, those pictures are great. I still like it, and will probably be getting it soon enough. My only issue here is the "belt" part. A bit higher than it should be and I think that makes the crotch area look abruptly long.

Thanks for pointing this out.
I was trying to figure out what is off.
So far, with Dave's newer pics, the figure looks awesome!
The suit actually looks better than the proto.

But I hope someone can confirm that you can lower the belt.
This is a big deal for me cause its throws off the proportion.
Much like the Enterbay batman where the belt rides high and just about every single person
Had to mod the belt to rest lower.
I know it may seem like a nitpick but this simple thing is making his proportions look off.

DSC_0028.jpg

fLSsIGu.jpg

Last edited:
The box is nice and slim - a cloth cape really makes a difference in box size and shippingweight.

The figure itself is remarkably light too.

Dave: Notwithstanding the slim base design, is the figure itself appreciably smaller than the Superman comic PF? Looks like at least a head length difference in figure. If the base was elevated by a custom addition, or a makeshift stand, would the side-by-side be more appealing? He'll look even more puny when the Christopher Reeve is in the mix at 30"!

Wow this came out alot better than i thought. The only thing that bothers me is the way the cape sits around his neck. Same problem the HT one had.

Dave those photos are awesome! I think he looks pretty great and they did a phenomenal job on the suit if you ask me. I think once some people futz with the cape and get a real awesome flow going on, it will be a stunning piece.

Like you said, if it's a bit shiny on the head paint apps, just hit it with some matte spray and that should do it.

Like Remy said, I would see if you could wiggle/futz the suit around his waist down to better position/lower the belt area. I think if that could be done then this piece comes in pretty close to the prototype.

Congrats to everyone getting him, I think you have a winner on your hands! :clap

Back