Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did some really nice detail paint on the skin that my pics really don't show. Veins on top of the hands... freckling to give depth/dimension.

Thanks, man! Can't tell how much we appreciate you giving us the first glimpse. I'm going to hold my thoughts until I see it in hand, but I have to just say I was expecting more out of the HS. This doesn't look like a paint app issue, though there are always some of those. Looks like the went with an entirely different sculpt from the Porto. That would be HIGHLY unusual, though, so again. Consider me still waiting...

Last edited:
Trying to compare the heads... maybe not so different, just we are so used to pics from a certain angle?

sm2.png

15433816000_c82d5ab681_b.jpg

My brother was kind enough to do a side by side....

So, slightly thinner. Seems to make a big difference though...

15619460415_29ffdf4519_b.jpg

My brother was kind enough to do a side by side....

So, slightly thinner. Seems to make a big difference though...

15619460415_29ffdf4519_b.jpg

Ok, ok...this is better...calming down now. I can see the sculpt. It is in fact the paint apps again (and those are exaggerated by the lighting). Shall see.

First pics taken by a mobile phone with ackward lighting don't look like the almost professional ones from a well lit Convension Floor!!!!

Statue NERDS!!

giphy.gif

66068-panic-gif-sgeU.gif

All joking aside this doesn't look that bad. Thanks for getting the pics up SD.

Last edited:
Needs more "eye shadow", and darker lips all the way to the edges.... the darker horizontal "lines" will be the slight optical illusion to make the face appear "wider" IMO.

15617008651_47c689617b_b.jpg

A few no flash shots...

The full body shot looks considerably better than the close ups -- especially with direct flash (which certainly exaggerates the paint app issues). In fact, that shot looks quite good when compared to the prototype. Suit looks legit too. I had very high hopes for this one, so fingers crossed that, in hand, it's stellar. Looking forward to some video reviews, and more shots as these get distributed more next week. Thanks for getting these up so quickly!

A few no flash shots...

The full body shot looks considerably better than the close ups -- especially with direct flash (which certainly exaggerates the paint app issues). In fact, that shot looks quite good when compared to the prototype. Suit looks legit too. I had very high hopes for this one, so fingers crossed that, in hand, it's stellar. Looking forward to some video reviews, and more shots as these get distributed more next week. Thanks for getting these up so quickly!

The suit is amazing. The texture they did is really cool... the boots, edges of the boots, edges of the wrists... all very cool. Cape is really nice... just haven't posed it correctly yet. I think people are focused on the face... my bad :(

Thanks for the pics sdguy.
Meant no offense by asking for no flash.
It's just that I can get the best impression on how it looks without flash.

From what I'm seeing, It looks like a keeper.
I think the paintjob is not as good as the proto
But it's also not a bad production paintjob.
My biggest worry is when the paintjob totally destroys the sculp.

Glad I kept my PO.
Ung...I have this on flex though so I won't see it till next year.
I may have to call sideshow and see if I can make early payments to get him earlier.

Thanks for the pics sdguy.
Meant no offense by asking for no flash.
It's just that I can get the best impression on how it looks without flash.

From what I'm seeing, It looks like a keeper.
I think the paintjob is not as good as the proto
But it's also not a bad production paintjob.
My biggest worry is when the paintjob totally destroys the sculp.

Glad I kept my PO.
Ung...I have this on flex though so I won't see it till next year.
I may have to call sideshow and see if I can make early payments to get him earlier.

The eyes look great. The rest of the paint work looks terrible. Sorry fellas and ladies, I hope when you get him in hand he looks far better than what I am seeing here. :panic:

The suit is amazing. The texture they did is really cool... the boots, edges of the boots, edges of the wrists... all very cool. Cape is really nice... just haven't posed it correctly yet. I think people are focused on the face... my bad :(

I think folks have good reason for concern, although personally, I'm stoked to have this on PO! Hit any head sculpt with direct flash and lots of depth-of-field, including the Superman PF, and it's quite un-inspiring when compared to seeing it in person. Moreover, the close ups are indeed that: damn close up. I typically, yet not always, look at my PF's from slightly further away than a few inches. From your full body shot without flash at a relatively decent viewing distance, I'm pleased.

image.jpg
I think it looks great in this zoom i did from one of sdguy pics with no flash!!

Back