Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin good. Glad I po'd this, but i wish the reeve pf was better. Was planning on displaying all 3 ssc supes together. I really wanted to order reeve until I saw the pictures.:horror

Give it some time ... The first pics of this sucked too. SDCC pic and videos have a way of changing people's opinions. You never know the Reeve piece may surprise you.

I do think the pose does work better for Cavill than it does for Reeve but the one thing that is holding me back is the color of the suit. The ComicCon pictures seem to be more of a dull blue instead of having a shimmer or shine to it like it does in the movie. The pics on SS's website do seem to be closer to the movie's blue color. I think I'm going to wait for in hand pics before I decide if I'm ordering this piece or not.

This PF is done well, what's holding me back is if the second film will be any good?:pray:

If it is, I will have to have Affleck Batman to match!:horror

Luckily his face will be covered with the cowl. Definate pass on the ex unmasked head though if there is one. I am more worried that they are tweaking the man of steel custume too much. I don't want to have to buy another version lol. However the more I read the more it seems its getting revisions and the s and other parts of suit will change to look less "alien"/kryptonian and more earthly. Part of his attempt to be more human and shed the alien persona lex is going to exploit

Eh I don't think any amount of time can fix the Reeve pf unless they scrap it completely and start over. If this were stock I would be more willing to speculate but its not so I go by what is shown to me, and what I see is very disappointing.

Anyhow that's just my opinion; its my bad for even talking about that pf here, back to discussing this badass pf

@QuiGonFishing
Where and When were those shots taken?

San Diego, first day of the con I believe. It's the same proto everyone has been shooting. I was really happy with how these came out. The bottom shot uses a contrast filter that I think really shows off the blue of the eyes. I've seen a lot of other shots where this is lost and I think this really helps the Cavill likeness.

That point is not really in evidence here since the video grab is a bit blurry and does not highlight the eye color, but I think it's still a descent side by side. Sideshow was clearly sculpting the right guy:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
It's definitely a great sculpt, although I don't think it's quite as good as HT. Hopefully the final product looks as good as those photos.

I have to say based on released pics from SS I think this looks much better than the Reeve PF. Just my opinion

I have to say based on released pics from SS I think this looks much better than the Reeve PF. Just my opinion

I agree. I would've never thought this would top the Reeve PF, but it does.

:hi5::hi5::hi5:

not going to lie, I keep forgetting about this even though I have it on order. I guess having the HT kind of subsided my need for a moment but I'm still looking forward to this. I think it's going to come out amazing!

Last edited:
I do think the pose does work better for Cavill than it does for Reeve but the one thing that is holding me back is the color of the suit. The ComicCon pictures seem to be more of a dull blue instead of having a shimmer or shine to it like it does in the movie. The pics on SS's website do seem to be closer to the movie's blue color. I think I'm going to wait for in hand pics before I decide if I'm ordering this piece or not.

the reason why is b/c SS updated the costume and their photo gallery with a new more accurate suit and chest emblem after SDCC

EDIT: From Back in October 2013:
The new pics are showing an updated costume for the piece that better represents what was on screen. So, yes, these re new pics of this piece, not old pics with different backgrounds, etc.

-SideshowAlex

Last edited:
If this ends up looking good I may get it, it would be my first PF. I loved MOS and the costume is ridiculously cool. There definitely should've been a heat vision exclusive for this though.

13%2B-%2B1

The dull looking colors might be from the fluorescent lighting in the room. It will be interesting to see this piece in person.

Back