Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they probly delayed it for a year coz it's going really well.

What?

Sounds to me like you've already made up you're mind on whether or not you're going to like this film, which is hilarious considering we haven't even seen once second of footage. Haters gonna hate.

What?

Its not worth being nervous about until we actually see some footage. I understand people being skeptical but nervous is a lil extreme since film ain't due out for 2 years.

I like marvel films alot as well, but I wouldn't say they own DC movies. Did you like MoS TDK or BB??

For me at least, there are only 2 marvel films as good as those DC films. Volume wise and overarching storywise marvel is better but quality eg top 3 I give it to DC. Avengers and IM 1 are fantastic as well and are in my top 5. I also really liked The Dark World, just not as much as the 3 aforementioned DC movies. Marvel is winning yes but I don't agree its owning DC.

Your post has calmed my nerves lol.

Yes, TDK, BB and MoS were all flicks I dig. TDKR I didn't dig as much. I guess as a DC fan you just see MARVEL pumping out flicks and kicking arse at the box office and I see misfires like GL and flicks taking years to come out and I'm like 'wtf DC step it up!'. Is it coz MARVEL have more freedom with their characters whereas DC are beholden to their WB masters or what?

Yes, TDK, BB and MoS were all flicks I dig. TDKR I didn't dig as much. I guess as a DC fan you just see MARVEL pumping out flicks and kicking arse at the box office and I see misfires like GL and flicks taking years to come out and I'm like 'wtf DC step it up!'. Is it coz MARVEL have more freedom with their characters whereas DC are beholden to their WB masters or what?

Yea I've been feeling like this for awhile now. And now MoS 2 seems more like a JLA Trinity flick than a Superman sequel just b/c DC/WB is so far behind Marvel that now their trying to play catch up. pretty upsetting but oh well, watcha gonna do? :dunno

Sounds to me like you've already made up you're mind on whether or not you're going to like this film, which is hilarious considering we haven't even seen once second of footage. Haters gonna hate.

What?

Conversely it sounds like you have already made up your mind that Affleck will do a fantastic job as Batman.....yet you haven't seen one second of footage either.

Conversely it sounds like you have already made up your mind that Affleck will do a fantastic job as Batman.....yet you haven't seen one second of footage either.

Nope, but I'm at least willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. :dunno

I'll decide whether he was good or not once I watch the film.

I like marvel films alot as well, but I wouldn't say they own DC movies. Did you like MoS TDK or BB??

For me at least, there are only 2 marvel films as good as those DC films. Volume wise and overarching storywise marvel is better but quality eg top 3 I give it to DC. Avengers and IM 1 are fantastic as well and are in my top 5. I also really liked The Dark World, just not as much as the 3 aforementioned DC movies. Marvel is winning yes but I don't agree its owning DC.

I grew up loving DC heroes...always been a DC fan. But IMHO I think the Marvel movies have been much, much better. It's all subjective of course...

One of the reasons some folks may believe Marvel is owning DC is because Marvel developed a plan, Marvel announced their plain (big 3 get solo movies...leading to Avengers), and Marvel executed their plan. Marvel continues to execute their plan. My perception of DC and WB is that they really don't have a plan...and they are kind of making it up as they go along. I'm not saying I have any rationale reason to believe that...but that is my perception. And you know what they say about perception...it can become reality.

The MOS sequel was initially going to be Superman vs Batman...a story modeled after the "The Dark Knight Returns". Not sure why they are going to base the story on that given the movie represents Superman and Batman's first meeting. Then we hear Wonder Woman is going to be in the movie, then rumors of that Green Lantern is going to be in the movie, and now we are hearing it may just turn into a Justice League movie.

Don't get me wrong...I understand that most of what I have said is just rumor. But I believe it contributes to the perception that DC and WB don't have a plan, they are making it up as they go along. Is it fair...no. But I just can't shake the feeling WB and DC are "winging it" and hoping things turn out okay. If DC & WB knock it out of the park with the next MOS movie, then folks may start to give them the benefit of the doubt.

At the end of the day I want both companies to succeed...it means more super hero movies for everyone.

That's great...and I respect your decision to wait for the movie. However, other folks have a right to be wholly skeptic before they see the movie. Sometime skepticism can come across as hating. While being overly supportive of something can make you come across as a fan boy. If Bruce is skeptic of casting Affleck it doesn't necessarily make him a hater, and because you appear supportive doesn't necessarily make you an Affleck fan boy.

Personally I think Affleck is a better director than actor. When thinking about the ideal Batman...Affleck does not come to mind. I hope I'm wrong and Affleck nails it...but I would be lying if I didn't have visions of "Daredevil" dancing through my head. :lol

You should not forget that the Marvel movies are made by three different studios. THREE!
Sony has Spidey and said they want to do a Spidey movie each year, as soon as they have their Venom and Sinister Six films going.
Fox has X-Men and FF.
Marvel Studios has the rest and is only in business to make Marvel movies. They don't do anything else.

Now compare it to DC.
DC is owned by Warner. Warner is in the business of making films. DC properties are just one small part of their business. So it really is quite unfair to compare it. Sure, WB could give away power over the DC movies and fund their own DC Studios, but thats a big risk for them, since opening another studio that could fail could also hurt WB. Back when. Marvel Studios started it was a decision by Marvel on their own, since they did not belong to Disney yet. So they didn't had to worry about that.

For me, DC is still king when it comes to movies. As much as I like most Marvel movies, none of them came close to the enjoyment I had from the Dark Knight Trilogy, MoS, or Watchmen.

Agreed! Personally, and just my own opinion, I think Affleck will be a solid Batman. I learned my lesson about making quick negative judgements after Keaton was cast as Batman. I thought he was going to be horrible and was stunned by how solid a performance Keaton delivered.

That's great...and I respect your decision to wait for the movie. However, other folks have a right to be wholly skeptic before they see the movie. Sometime skepticism can come across as hating. While being overly supportive of something can make you come across as a fan boy. If Bruce is skeptic of casting Affleck it doesn't necessarily make him a hater, and because you appear supportive doesn't necessarily make you an Affleck fan boy.

Personally I think Affleck is a better director than actor. When thinking about the ideal Batman...Affleck does not come to mind. I hope I'm wrong and Affleck nails it...but I would be lying if I didn't have visions of "Daredevil" dancing through my head. :lol

You call this skepticism? :dunno

oh ffs Batfleck lmao

I think its gonna be dreadful.

Yeah like Daredevil.

Wait...

Yeah they probly delayed it for a year coz it's going really well.

What?

:lol I don't think so.

I simply said he'll be "cool" as Batman, That's it. I'm as skeptical as the next guy, especially after the garbageness that was Daredevil.(Even though I think the majority of that can be blamed on the Director) But I also know that Affleck can be a good actor when he wants to be, therefore I think all of the hate or "skepticism" is a bit ridiculous. I'll wait until we at least see a trailer before I make any final judgment calls.

Jesse Eisenberg on the other hand............ :lol

Your new living room furniture looks great.

giphy.gif

Back