Sideshow Storm Shadow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll believe when I see it. :lol

On the plus side if you do choose to go through with CC all the way to shipment, then we should have some awesome naked chicks with CC pics to look forward too :rock :rock :rock

:rock:rock:rock

I think Storm Shadow is a good choice but I'm hoping he comes with an alternate unmasked head.I don't really like the molded tabi feet or the head without a removable mask.If Ignite/Crazy Owners and Triad can make good 1/6th tabi and face coverings Sideshow should be able to as well.I'm also hoping SS has the Arashikagi tattoo on his forearm like SE was supposed to.I can always cut the sleeves off for the sleeveless look.

They've had the license now for well over a year, we've already seen 5 figures and only 1 has been a Joe. I'm not going to start doing a Chicken Little dance yet, but I'm seeing hints of LOTR in reverse.

You can't compare LOTR to GI JOE. Joe has been made in some form for 45 years, 25 of it ARAH and Cobra. LOTR? not so much.

LOTR failed because there just wasn't the interest. I really don't see how any fan of that series would not want the Fellowship. Faramir was the only bad choice and I don't see how even he could stop the line.

With GI Joe there is something for everyone: soldiers, terrorists, ninjas, sci-fi, fantasy.

GI Joe will be the second longest running Sideshow line next to Star Wars.

I approve of this......:lecture:lecture:lecture

But make a 3 to 1 Cobra ratio for the releases..I.E:Make 3 cobras for each joes that comes out...

Unfortunately, I dont think the joes would sell well, and it could endanger the line putting too much good guys out...Who the hell would buy a bearded man with a parrot...:duh

Cobras all the way.
:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

I don't see SSC going too deep into the Joes. I'd like to see Flint, Stalker and Scarlett before they're done, and I suppose we'll HAVE to get a Duke, but I'm much more interested in Cobra characters.

Bring on Destro. And the Baroness. And Firefly. And Crimson Guards. And and and....

Cobras are the coolest characters, but the series needs to be grounded in both sides to please the serious JOE fan. It really depends on who SSC is trying to please.

Do you go after serious Joe fans or go after SSC fans that collect some of your other lines too?

Does anyone know how well SSC is doing to capture RAH fans? The best Joe archive I know is YoJoe.com and AFAIK they don't even mention that SSC is making a line.

:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai Hulud
Unfortunately, I dont think the joes would sell well, and it could endanger the line putting too much good guys out...Who the hell would buy a bearded man with a parrot...

Cobras all the way.
lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

I don't see SSC going too deep into the Joes. I'd like to see Flint, Stalker and Scarlett before they're done, and I suppose we'll HAVE to get a Duke, but I'm much more interested in Cobra characters.

Bring on Destro. And the Baroness. And Firefly. And Crimson Guards. And and and....

Dude. Hector Delgado as shipwreck. come on now! I would LOL

but seriously, put out a good line, mix in Joes, Cobras, maybe even Iron Grenadiers... and for the heck of it,... maybe in Red Oktober....

but don;t pull a hasblo and make it crappy, which i doubt SSC will let happen

Joes suck. Cobra rules. It all comes down to character design. Sadly, someone in the Hasbro department decided to put forth all the love and creative element into the Cobra characters. If the Joes had better character design (save Snake Eyes who looks more like a Cobra character vs. a Joe) and maybe Beachcomber, I would have been more split up between the two. As most other's would I imagine.

You can't compare LOTR to GI JOE. Joe has been made in some form for 45 years, 25 of it ARAH and Cobra. LOTR? not so much.

LOTR failed because there just wasn't the interest. I really don't see how any fan of that series would not want the Fellowship. Faramir was the only bad choice and I don't see how even he could stop the line.

With GI Joe there is something for everyone: soldiers, terrorists, ninjas, sci-fi, fantasy.

Bond? Buffy? Universal Monsters? POTA? New Line Horror? All have a serious background of fans and all have come and been put "on hold" and most have something for everyone. What about Indy? :huh I really think he'll join the "on hold" status soon, if he hasn't already. Please excuse me for going pessimistic on this one. I'll believe it when I see it.

Until Sideshow puts the line "on hold" after the Trooper variant, blaming the customers for lack of sales. :lol

Last edited:
Joes suck. Cobra rules. It all comes down to character design. Sadly, someone in the Hasbro department decided to put forth all the love and creative element into the Cobra characters. If the Joes had better character design (save Snake Eyes who looks more like a Cobra character vs. a Joe) and maybe Beachcomber, I would have been more split up between the two. As most other's would I imagine.

I think thats the standard response from someone that collects multiple SSC lines. I think Joe fans who are making Snake Eyes their first ever SSC item are probably more up for Joes like Hawk, Duke, Rock and Roll etc that are almost standard US military outfits.

I think thats the standard response from someone that collects multiple SSC lines. I think Joe fans who are making Snake Eyes their first ever SSC item are probably more up for Joes like Hawk, Duke, Rock and Roll etc that are almost standard US military outfits.

I dunno, I collect multiple lines and I'd like to see an equal amount of Joes AND Cobras. I think it's more a matter of personal taste.

Couldn't the same argument be made re: Star Wars?

Couldn't the same argument be made re: Star Wars?

Yup, it definitely can. Although the good guys had the Ewoks, Chewy, droids CP30, and R2D2. Oh, and Yoda. All cool character designs IMO... okay, maybe not the Ewoks.

But definitely has nothing on Bobba Fett, the Storm Troopers, the red guys... Imperial Guards(?), and of course, the coolest looking villian for character design... EVER!... DARTH FRICKIN' VADER!

Although now we are assuming that the one Trooper will be an offered variant. Could just be them f'n around with a figure for fun.

Either way, its an easy thing to do on your own, or pass on. Having variants for troop builders or completists is usually not a bad thing.

And personally I think the releases so far have been very good looking, I think they've done a great job of capturing the feel of GI Joe :rock

Although now we are assuming that the one Trooper will be an offered variant. Could just be them f'n around with a figure for fun.

Either way, its an easy thing to do on your own, or pass on. Having variants for troop builders or completists is usually not a bad thing.

And personally I think the releases so far have been very good looking, I think they've done a great job of capturing the feel of GI Joe :rock

You want to feel a Joe? Cop a feel you say? ewwww

Joe shmoe!

BRING ME MORE COBRAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOOBRRAAALALALALALALALALALALALALAL!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MDabIEc6yh4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MDabIEc6yh4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/MDabIEc6yh4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/MDabIEc6yh4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Serpentor would be an amazing figure to add to anyone's collection. Granted he would cost around 150-175 US... if not even 200 US! No way SideShow gives us a Serpentor without his kickass chariot! Atleast, it will be setup as an exclusive like the Indy line.

I dunno, I collect multiple lines and I'd like to see an equal amount of Joes AND Cobras. I think it's more a matter of personal taste.

Me too, I fall in that category too. I'm just trying to emphasize that if you take into consideration the people that are Joe collectors first and foremost that the desire for good guys is probably even more amplified than a typical SSC collector that is picking and choosing the hottest from multiple lines.

I said it a long time ago... SS will do all the Masked Joes/Cobras first. Next will be Beach Head. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back