Sideshow Storm Shadow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone a member at a RAH forum? What has the response to these been there? Are any 3 3/4" collectors making these their first 12" figures? What are their opinions.

Me too, I fall in that category too. I'm just trying to emphasize that if you take into consideration the people that are Joe collectors first and foremost that the desire for good guys is probably even more amplified than a typical SSC collector that is picking and choosing the hottest from multiple lines.

I pick and choose what is going to look BEST displayed on my shelves from each line. I want the very best of each line...

For this one, it's the Cobras. :)

Looks like the red masked Cobra Officer might be Scarface.

Al Pachino? Maybe right.. he's skinny enough to fit that frame. :D

Uh, no. I'm talking about the Cobra Officer named Scarface from the comics. You don't know Joe. :D

Although now we are assuming that the one Trooper will be an offered variant. Could just be them f'n around with a figure for fun.

Yea, and apparently that "variant" soldier will be the end of the line. Cause you know, no one wants more soldiers in a military line, even though the enemy line is made up variant soldiers to begin with.

Maybe Sideshow should make a line of figures with Airsoft guns, that should be a grand slam for some :rotfl

A lot of the guys on the Joes forums I visiit shy away from the 1/6 world in general. Mostly because you can amass huge armies with the little guys for a fraction of the cost of few of the big ones.

Destro will be next. It's obvious they are doing all of the badass figures that will sell first because they know by the time they get to Serpentor, The Fridge, Sargeant Slaughter and Tiger Force the line is done.

A lot of the guys on the Joes forums I visiit shy away from the 1/6 world in general. Mostly because you can amass huge armies with the little guys for a fraction of the cost of few of the big ones.

When I was into the 3 3/4 collecting, there was a huge animosity towards the 12" GIjOE collectors because they always looked down at the small Joes as inferior and considered them toys.

Destro will be next. It's obvious they are doing all of the badass figures that will sell first because they know by the time they get to Serpentor, The Fridge, Sargeant Slaughter and Tiger Force the line is done.

I don't know. I love Serpentor.. he was a kick ass character.

021809gijoeab2.jpg

So much for being a completist with the new He-Man figures. :monkey1

A fully rendered 1/6 Serpentor would actually be a really cool figure, depending on how they pulled it off. Personally, I'm hoping for Firefly next! If it's gonna be Cobra then give me the sabotuer!!!

I really thought Storm Shadow might be a bit of a deal breaker for how close SSC will cater to my own tastes for the line. I really want all the figures to be as close to their vintage character designs as possible and both SE and CC suggested that SSC was leaning toward the Devil's Due designs.

I decided that if SS has a hybrid vintage/DD design with grey camo and a giant Cobra symbol on his face that I might actually just cherry pick a select few. But look at SS in all his classic glory! I don't even mind the sleeves since they hide his joints and look like they can be removed anyway (note that they still gave him his forearm wrappings.)

16StormShadow.jpg
GIJoe_AFACard_11717836.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back