1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do wonder what happened to the eyes, looks like the proto made an effort to differentiate the eyes...

SDCC-2014-Sideshow-Collectibles-Star-Wars-1-061.jpg

Looks 60% lighter in the proto. Could come down to lighting, but haven't seen any photo to indicate that it is anything but black in production. Most photos don't show the HT stormie lens is green. :dunno

Could this be Sideshow's best trooper? I'm a big fan of the snowtrooper but I know plenty of folks find issue with that figure. The Scout leaves something to be desired for me and seems to have a few glaring inaccuracies.

Once again a SS production figure that lost 60% of the detail that made the prototype look good.

SS it's time to get out of the 1/6 game. You simply can't compete.

Huh? I don't see this at all, based on that unboxing video. I actually think there's a high attention detail, the stitching in the jumpsuit looks tight, the armor has all the detail that the original costume had - don't see a loss of "60% of the detail"? Now, SS DOES often have a problem with figures losing something in the translation from prototype tp final product, particularly when it involves human likenesses (their recent SW sculpts fall into this category, particularly the Hoth and X-Wing Lukes), but the armored figures are usually pretty close to the mark, and with this particular figure, it seems hard to argue that the final product is a letdown. If you wanna argue price point versus value (this figure is pretty light on the extras for something priced at $200, but at least it has a freakin' stand), that's an entirely different argument - and one that has me scaling back on purchases and on the edge of calling it a day with this hobby. Will still be keeping my order for this figure, though.

Oh, and regarding the tight belt, I agree it looks a tad tiny. However, I remember the TIE pilots looking like petite midgets standing next to Vader, so even that doesn't seem completely out of place and could probably be adjusted with a little futzing, so... :)

The SSC TIE Pilot looks ok from the photos. I see no big problems so far, but I'd like to see more in hand photos. Hope the body will be ok like it is on Snowtrooper and Scout.

It is a little annoying that the final production piece is different than the proto. How hard would it have been to paint the lenses? Tie Pilot and At-At driver will be my last SSC figures.

I'm in through 3PO, the Jawas and R5. I also want to see how the next two bounty hunters look (and I'll always be game for cantina aliens/Jabba's court).

Human protagonists or antagonists? No, X-Wing Luke is my last.

Human protagonists or antagonists? No, X-Wing Luke is my last.

Your lack of faith is...unlike you.

I wonder if Sideshow's thinking on the same lines as well, considering their inability to match just about anyone else in the world of 1/6 with human sculpt paintwork.

Tarkin, Hoth Leia, Bespin Han, possibly a new Lando...no reason to not wait for HT because I know how much better they will be. (I might take a Dooku from Sideshow to keep my PT figures all on the same basic level; same for a Hoth Rebel to go with my Endor and Rebel Fleet troopers). I don't want anything less than HT at this point for any other OT hero, and Tarkin is not worth having at all if he's not out of the park.

Tarkin, Hoth Leia, Bespin Han, possibly a new Lando...no reason to not wait for HT because I know how much better they will be. (I might take a Dooku from Sideshow to keep my PT figures all on the same basic level; same for a Hoth Rebel to go with my Endor and Rebel Fleet troopers). I don't want anything less than HT at this point for any other OT hero, and Tarkin is not worth having at all if he's not out of the park.

That's the thing from now on. There are characters I hope Sideshow don't announce. Since if they do, it rules out HT versions for the foreseeable future. And not every character has a hood or helmet to assist the lack of paintwork.

I agree, a Peter Cushing sculpt needs to be by HT. And at their Michael Caine rather than their Alec Guinness level. Obi-Wan is an excellent sculpt, but I only see Alec from certain angles. Nevertheless, it's such a good, well painted head full of character, that it outweighs the lack of Guinness-ness.

Back