1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fingers crossed that this is a hundred dollar (or less) figure. I want two.

Thanks for the info. I usually don't care about those kinds of details, but this guy has always been my favorite imperial and it was a good read.

I think the figure looks pretty good! I have a TIE outfit so I'm a little more drawn to this than some, perhaps. I have a little bit of knowledge about the nuances in the uniform so I'll try to address a couple of the questions in the thread:

Besides colour, the jumpsuits are essentially the same throughout ANH: black for some Navy Troopers, Bridge Crew, Imperial Gunners and TIE pilots; grey for scanning crew and Rebel ground crew, blue for mechanical crew and orange for Rebel pilots. The only other real difference was that Rebels had an extra set of pockets near the boot (which are German jack boots--often with a side buckle). As far as I can tell, most pockets in ANH had rectangular flaps. During the filming of ESB and ROTJ, flight suits with chevron shaped pocket flaps supplanted many of the older ones from ANH. Both types of pockets were used throughout the latter two OT films.

There has been considerable debate about the differences between the TIE pilots in ANH and ROTJ. Complicating things is the fact that footage of TIE pilots shot in 1976 was used for ROTJ, as well. The 501st Legion's costume reference library maintains that ROTJ chest boxes had a third hose coming from the left lower quadrant of the chest box, while ANH lacked the third hose. Others argue for the opposite. It is argued that the rocker switches differed between films, as well. Certainly not all ROTJ TIE pilots had the third hose and there is no definitive proof that ANH Tie pilots had them or not as most shots were in-cockpit and primarily shot the shoulders and up. There's a photo of Andrew Ainsworth--the original vacuum former of the armour--mocking up an early version of the TIE gear with a third hose in 1976. Who knows how many of (or if) these made it into ANH? Perhaps they were only on the Hero TIEs, but never appeared on film?

This Sideshow figure has chevron-shaped pocket flaps more commonly associated with ROTJ. The rocker switches look more ROTJ, as well. It lacks the third hose, but not all ROTJ pilots had that--especially those assembled in the hanger when the Emperor arrives.

Obviously some galactic jumpsuit manufacturer made a bundle selling to both sides.:lol

The chubby TIE Pilot in the picture of the probe droid in the Death Star docking bay is wearing the non-chevron jumpsuit, so I guess they used whatever they had by then.

Fingers crossed that this is a hundred dollar (or less) figure. I want two.

Thanks for the info. I usually don't care about those kinds of details, but this guy has always been my favorite imperial and it was a good read.

My guess, these will be at Scouttrooper pricing level. :(

That would be absolutely ridiculous. I really hope they know better.

Except for the pending forest base I don't think the Scout has more stuff. Just give the TIE a pistol, some stupid hands and action feet it doesn't need and blame gas prices. Voilá!

LOL, no way this is under or even at $100. Just for some Iron Man accessories the price is $125.

My wishful guess would be $140, but I see the scout trooper price for this figure sadly.

Scout is armored, head to foot. This guy has a jumpsuit and a chest box. There is nothing to him.

I honestly thought you were kidding when you said $100.:lol

SSC Figrin Dan was a head and hands (!) and was $100 three years ago. He did come with TWO instruments though.:yess::rotfl

This will be $160-$170 range.

With HT pumping out OT stuff, SS need to be careful with their pricing at the moment. Hopefully the competition will keep prices slightly more realistic.

With HT pumping out OT stuff, SS need to be careful with their pricing at the moment. Hopefully the competition will keep prices slightly more realistic.

For the moment it seems like HT is doing the main characters/big icons and SSC is doing leads in more scene-specific outfits (Hoth, X-Wing) along with the creatures/droids/2nd-tier characters. As long as those "turf" lines remain, I don't see SSC controlling prices.

It's when the lines start to blur - once HT has announced/released the main characters and moves on to more niche characters - and HT and SSC are more head-to-head competitors, that pricing will be controlled.

Obviously, $100 would be as unrealistic as it would be spectacular. Something like $125-130 would be great.

Not even with your sweetest smile and a "pretty please" on top.

I guess he can't really come with anything -- except the dumb Hasbro blaster they will give him -- so yeah, $150 sounds right. Maybe they'll push to $169.99.

Ideally, this would be a $125 figure, but I am assuming that Star Wars license is very expensive and we will be the ones paying for it.

Back