1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this the new standard Sideshow figure stand (it has black thigh-hugger supports) or is it specific to this figure with the rock/forest added-on bits?

100103_press141.jpg

It's a V crotch stand. Same as the DC 1/6 figure stands. I like it.

Yeah, what I thought was thigh grippers is part of the jumpsuit.

Wondering if SSC is doing a jump from the standard round base to this new hexagonal base.

I'd assume they will be moveable... kind of funny the Trooper comes with his nice woodland themed base, but then the Speederbike doesn't :duh :huh

This might also be a case of waiting for a $20 off coupon to coincide with the other $25 discount... although it might be they won't allow that. Man, the price really sucks on the bike... the trooper's high, but not unexpectedly so. But that bike is a lot more than I'd hoped.

The Speeder Bike will come with a forest themed base feature as well. Photos of that should be added in the VERY near future to the gallery after Pre-Order launch. :)

-SideshowAlex

Now that this pre-order is nearly here, what do you guys think the scout and bike will go for. SS are pretty quiet with this release.
At a guess, i would think $ 175 for the trooper and maybe $ 250 + for the bike.
Does'nt really matter though, many on here will go for the set regardless, me included.

Together with the jabba scenes, the forest endor chase are the most memorable parts of Rotj for me.

Guess i was'nt too far off the mark, this set is a must have but i agree it's going to sting abit. Glad it's coming next year to allow me to find the funds.

The Speeder Bike will come with a forest themed base feature as well. Photos of that should be added in the VERY near future to the gallery after Pre-Order launch. :)

-SideshowAlex
Sweet, was hoping that might be the case. Looking at the plain black stand (specifically the base), my only gripe was the lack of any way to hide it. Looking forward to pre-order, tomorrow. Thanks, Alex.

Are you able to tell us what required final approval and caused the one week push?

-SideshowAlex

The speeder bike stand looks like a variation on the Probe droid stand - "hugger" forest attachment that slips over a black base, and with painted black metal support tube.

I now have a clear tube for my Probe Droid and I find the black metal support actually looks better with the straight black base, while the clear tube looks best with the "hugger" snow attachment in place. The former is more of a "film/studio model" display, the latter is more "actual movie scene" display.

A clear rod will be potentially problematic with the speeder bike due to the sharp angle it's at - so has more stress on it and more prone to drooping/breakage over time - and anyway, it probably has an elbow turn where it grips the bike.

$300 for the Speederbike? Sideshow is getting too effing greedy. I'm good with my Hasbro ones but thanks for the laugh.

The new price for the Scout Biker makes the Snowtrooper (from eBay) I bought recently a bargain.

The new price for the Scout Biker makes the Snowtrooper (from eBay) I bought recently a bargain.

Yeah, I remember thinking the Snowtrooper's original price ($150) last year was very steep - especially when compared with the fully armored Desert Sands Sandtrooper that was $135 and came with all that stuff.

$190 is definitely way up there, clearly a real intentional pushing of the envelope by SSC, though the base is very cool and a good imperial character to push the $200 envelope with

The problem overall for me in mulling this is that with some fairly minor work, the Hasbro Biker and speeder bike can look quite spectacular. They were two of the very best releases Hasbro ever did in 1/6 (or 12"...:lol)

Back