1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing certain at this point but it seems both items need final approval from Lucasfilm. Wondering myself what Sideshow would want to add so late in develompent that need Lucasfilm green light.

So according to the competition for this guy a release date of 3rd quarter 2015 is expected.....so basically a year after the P.O. goes up. Kinda seems like standard practice now from SSC. Pre order is 12 months ahead of the release date.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nothing certain at this point but it seems both items need final approval from Lucasfilm. Wondering myself what Sideshow would want to add so late in develompent that need Lucasfilm green light.

Maybe they added it a long time ago and approval is just running later than they expected? The figures at SDCC, apart from R2 were shown somewhat barebones.

So according to the competition for this guy a release date of 3rd quarter 2015 is expected.....so basically a year after the P.O. goes up. Kinda seems like standard practice now from SSC. Pre order is 12 months ahead of the release date.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There can be a huge amount of time between announcement/P.O. (even those two events can sometimes be far apart) and delivery of the item, so I guess they do use those long pre-order windows to specifically determine how many they make.

It's interesting that it's more like a "small shop" business model as opposed to bigger companies, who crank out tens of thousands of an item in the hope they can sell them, and sometimes end up with vast unsold product.

I always used to wonder why (given that SSC develops in secrecy) they didn't announce an item and put up a pre-order say in January, and deliver the item a month or two later - but there's huge risk in that for SSC.

But from the collector side, the wait time is somewhere between a nice anticipation/build-up period and "oh, I forgot I P.O.'ed that." For me, 4-8 months is the former, anything around a year or more is the latter.

Maybe they added it a long time ago and approval is just running later than they expected? The figures at SDCC, apart from R2 were shown somewhat barebones.

Well, even though it's a possibility, Sideshow Alex wording "newer elements" points more toward a late additions scenario. A first in the Star Wars 1/6 line i believe.

Now that this pre-order is nearly here, what do you guys think the scout and bike will go for. SS are pretty quiet with this release.
At a guess, i would think $ 175 for the trooper and maybe $ 250 + for the bike.
Does'nt really matter though, many on here will go for the set regardless, me included.

Together with the jabba scenes, the forest endor chase are the most memorable parts of Rotj for me.

Back