1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$30 more than I'd like for the figure and $150 too much for the bike. The bike is an easy pass and I'll have to think about the trooper - he's already my least favorite of all of the OT troopers by a wide margin.

I know very well how expensive tooling is for products like these ad there's no overlap with other figures to allow parts re-use without outright re-issues, so I get where Sideshow is coming from. But as a consumer and fan, that's al irrelevant and it's all about the value proposition given the collectibles market as a whole.

Maybe Sideshow will do us a solid and give away a ton of reward points or someday allow stacking discounts - that would make offers like these an easier pill to swallow for some folks.

Last edited:
I want that too. I guess I'm not surprised and was actually planning on them being this high, so I'm not too shocked by it.

Hmmm... I'd been convinced the low price of the STAP would translate to a more reasonable price for the bike... $300 is definitely too much. But, $25 off for the pair kind of helps, so I'll need to think about it.

I agree the trooper is a bit overpriced at $190 considering he doesn't come with much. I like the new modular base and the woodsy stuff to put on top. I'll definitely wait for a coupon or something. The ex isn't too important to me either.

And yeah, easy pass on the bike. Wasn't planning on it anyway. $300 is a lot of moolah. Looks really nice though. I wonder if all those flaps and panels are movable. It looks like the hinges can move.

I'd assume they will be moveable... kind of funny the Trooper comes with his nice woodland themed base, but then the Speederbike doesn't :duh :huh

This might also be a case of waiting for a $20 off coupon to coincide with the other $25 discount... although it might be they won't allow that. Man, the price really sucks on the bike... the trooper's high, but not unexpectedly so. But that bike is a lot more than I'd hoped.

I'd assume they will be moveable... kind of funny the Trooper comes with his nice woodland themed base, but then the Speederbike doesn't :duh :huh

This might also be a case of waiting for a $20 off coupon to coincide with the other $25 discount... although it might be they won't allow that. Man, the price really sucks on the bike... the trooper's high, but not unexpectedly so. But that bike is a lot more than I'd hoped.

I thought the same thing!:cuckoo:

Prices are a bit higher than expected. $40 more than a Snowtrooper seems like a big hike (25%) for the scout considering there's only about two years in between both releases.

Gives me pause. I think the scout looks great, but (here it comes) I think the proportions are slightly off* and I don't love it as much as the other trooper designs.

For a one-off purchase, maybe I would drop all that cash on a scout and bike, but there are other items competing for my disposable income.

Yes, it will absolutely look better in-hand but I don't know.

*The proportions are well within tolerance for being forgivable, but I don't know that it's got me that impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exclusive rifle! :rock yes!!!! and only $189.... Bike is $299 Not bad at all and expected!

Where are you seeing that?

$300 for the bike??? :thud:

I'm happy with $189 - I was totally expecting it to be $190! Funny how these things are so subjective (I guess the amount in your wallet makes you anything but objective.)

And for those who don't want to search, here is the preview link:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/star-wars-speeder-bike-and-scout-trooper-coming-soon

Cool. I'll get the scout. But looking at the bike, it is barely better than the Hasbro and the Hasbro has an articulated base. So just the scout for me.

I'm eagerly waiting to see what the new figures at the end of the year will look like. For me, Hoth and the two droids are much higher priority - in that order - so this trooper is really going to have to sit on the back burner.

Last edited:
I'm happy with $189 - I was totally expecting it to be $190! Funny how these things are so subjective (I guess the amount in your wallet makes you anything but objective.)

And for those who don't want to search, here is the preview link:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/star-wars-speeder-bike-and-scout-trooper-coming-soon
Thanks, TaliBane.

Nice, was hoping we'd see pics, today. In regards to the price of the bike, it is pretty dear but makes sense, given what was charged for the E-Webb and Probot. Will definitely be picking-up one of each from Sideshow and then an additional Scout via a local distributor. Like the base for the Scout Trooper, too. Pretty cool.

I'm eagerly awaiting to see what the new figures at the end of the year will look like. For me, Hoth and the two droids are much higher priority - in that order - so this trooper is really going to have to sit on the back burner.
Yep, know what you mean. It's exactly why I cut Hoth Luke/Han and Tauntaun. Don't have space and money for everything, so most of us will need to make some hard choices on what to get and display.

Last edited:
Need the scout. Want the bike but it's pricey.

Gah! Won't buy the exclusives so that makes it a little easier to wait I Guess

For those not buying the speeder bike, the extra set of boot guards should be the exclusive rifle instead.

Back