1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was. But it was released in 2012, two years ago, and this biker will be released in 2015, so a $30 bump in 3 years seems in keeping with all the price changes.

Yeah so when does it level out? Are you willing to pay $500-$600 per figure in another couple of years? More and more they are pricing people out of this hobby. People are selling off their collections. Hot Toys stuff no longer sells out like it once did. That should be a clear sign this hobby is in trouble.

I received mine in early March of last year (right after the retailer got their shipment,) so maybe that's more 2012 than 2013.:dunno:lol

I remember looking at getting a second one maybe late May (2013) and they were still available.

But Wor-gar's maybe saying it's been eighteen months since release, so a 20% increase in price is understandable.

Yeah so when does it level out? Are you willing to pay $500-$600 per figure in another couple of years? More and more they are pricing people out of this hobby. People are selling off their collections. Hot Toys stuff no longer sells out like it once did. That should be a clear sign this hobby is in trouble.

I didn't say it was right. Or wrong. It is what it is. If dolls go up $10 each year, then that's what the hobby costs. You could quit. I never started collecting cars because they were too expensive.

We're talking release not pre-order right?

No I think you and Taliban might be right, it may have been released in Jan/Feb 2013. I thought it was Dec 2012 release but it may have been pushed. Not sure how you find out when it was released exactly.

Gotta draw the line somewhere so I'm voting with my wallet and saying **** you, Sideshow.

No I think you and Taliban might be right, it may have been released in Jan/Feb 2013. I thought it was Dec 2012 release but it may have been pushed. Not sure how you find out when it was released exactly.

I believe SSC shipped in Feb, I got mine in March.

And the Taliban is always right. You can tell by the facial hair.

I didn't say it was right. Or wrong. It is what it is. If dolls go up $10 each year, then that's what the hobby costs. You could quit. I never started collecting cars because they were too expensive.

This would be $40 increase in 18 months. That's $25+ each year.:lol

Gotta draw the line somewhere so I'm voting with my wallet and saying **** you, Sideshow.

That's how you do it. :clap

I'm getting the biker scout with the $20 off coupon -- so the real price is $169.99. I'm not even considering the bike -- SS vehicles and guns are always way overpriced.

The Snowtrooper Sixth Scale Figure was released for Pre-Order in July 2012 and started shipping in February 2013. This means costs associated to produce the piece were costs from 2012 and earlier.

-SideshowAlex

Prices are climbing, Chinese factory workers are starting to make a living wage and the 1/6th market has shown that it can support a higher price point, thus allowing companies like Sideshow and Hot Toys to develop items they might not even have considered 5 years ago.

Looks like a good set....Scout looks great. Like the enviro-base.

Where are people seeing the prices? Checked out the blog gallery and didn't see any prices there....

Last edited:

Where are people seeing the prices? Checked out the blog gallery and didn't see any prices there....

They're there. The prices are listed at the bottom of each gallery.

The Snowtrooper Sixth Scale Figure was released for Pre-Order in July 2012 and started shipping in February 2013. This means costs associated to produce the piece were costs from 2012 and earlier.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks Alex.

OK, so see there is a 3 year difference in "cost" between the 2012 cost Snowtrooper and the soon-to-be 2015 Scout trooper.

That's $10 increase per year. That works out. These things will be $199.99 - $209.99 in 2015.

Thanks Ben. Ah...there they are. I was so enamored at the pics, the text just flew right by...and whew! ...quite the chunk of change there.

The set looks good though...real good. Been very pleased with the big-ticket SW items I've picked up from Sideshow this year (DLX Vader, Grievous, Probot, among others)...all really well-rendered, high-quality, look great...expecting this set to be the same.

Damned hipsters.

God on their side.:dunno

It's in text below the pics.

Said this to SSC a long time ago, 300$ is ridiculous

Seems like figures are averaging around $20 per year increase.

In three years, $250 will be the norm for SSC armored figs.

Prices are climbing, Chinese factory workers are starting to make a living wage and the 1/6th market has shown that it can support a higher price point, thus allowing companies like Sideshow and Hot Toys to develop items they might not even have considered 5 years ago.

It's apples and oranges I know, but I think people look at those new 13" Disney figures (the series that everyone seems to say have a better stormtrooper sculpt than SSC's) and see $30...

Manufacturing costs are definitely way up, but I think your statement "the 1/6th market has shown that it can support a higher price point" is likely the primary driver for the higher prices. Many 1/6 companies across the board (DID and the military figs as well) keep trying higher and getting it - the market has evolved and expanded.

But... what people miss is that the figures are getting quite a bit better with each 2-3 year jump, and also that many 1/6 manufacturers are pretty small companies producing pretty small amounts.

Back