Sideshow Spike Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SpikestatueExclusive.jpg

Oh god so bloody predictable. Because they obviously can't be arsed to do a proper likeness we get vampface Spike yet again. So much for fitting in with the rest of this overtly sexual line up eh?

Not impressed Sideshow. :(

If you notice the Exclusive sticker in the upper left corner, it's almost a given that he will also have human face.

I believe that's actually meant to be a railroad spike in his hand, isn't it?

There was never a railroad spike in the series, only a reference to the fact that he used them to torture victims, so I would doubt it's a spike. The only other reference is a joke about his bad poetry when somebody commented "I'd rather have a railroad spike through my head than listen to that awful stuff." I thank you for giving me the idea of what I want to turn the stake into though.

Last edited:
So, only the exclusive will have a human face then?If thats the case I'm still not impressed I'm afraid as the majority won't have that. What's the bet that when it comes to the angel figure It'll be the other way around and that the exclusive will be the vampface?

It seems that when it comes to representations of Spike in recent years that companies stuff in him vampface as the default setting so to speak, cos dear lord we have to keep him 'bad ass' for the boys, eh?. Christ I hate that much overused word.

It's a lovely sculpt don't get me wrong, but I tire of this approach to the character, same as I tire of the default setting for Buffy being shown wearing season one clothes. You'd think this show only had 3 seasons the way they carry on. That goes against what the series was know for and that was character development and change. No season was alike and the characters were allowed to grow and develop, but you'd never guess that judging by how they're depicted in the merchandise.

So once again it seems like It's not a case of "whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander".

Hey I think I have a new promo line for this company. 'Sideshow Collectables. We only target men.' :(

What, me bitter? :lol

Last edited:
I'll order one most likely a standard, as a vampire head is good for me. I do agree that they should have used a cigarette instead of a stake.

Well although 'William' made his rep through using railroad Spikes on his prey in the past in the actual broadcast series he has never ever been shown using one, and yet has often been shown using a stake, so for me at least thats one area that I don't have any problems with myself.

Last edited:
Is there any chances they make a Angel statue??

They confirmed it in Ask Sideshow last February :

Q.
When are we getting to ANGEL Sideshow?
A.

If you mean Buffy’s Angel, the answer is soon. We’re finalizing sculpture on the product, and expect to make a full reveal by mid to late 2011.

Welcome to the Freaks board by the way :hi5:

So, only the exclusive will have a human face then?If thats the case I'm still not impressed I'm afraid as the majority won't have that. What's the bet that when it comes to the angel figure It'll be the other way around and that the exclusive will be the vampface?

It seems that when it comes to representations of Spike in recent years that companies stuff in him vampface as the default setting so to speak, cos dear lord we have to keep him 'bad ass' for the boys, eh?. Christ I hate that much overused word.

I'll order one most likely a standard, as a vampire head is good for me. I do agree that they should have used a cigarette instead of a stake.

As SilentSurfer stated, this is a pic of the Exclusive. I might be wrong but in my mind, it suggests the Ex will have both vamp and human faces. And regular statue will only have human face. As the PFs. Just my 2 € cents :D . Can't wait for infos from Sideshow.

The exclusive sticker is in the picture with the vamp head so the vamp head is the exclusive. Spike spent a lot of season 6 naked so they could have sexed him up if they'd wanted to.

Even though I had a bit of a moan I still think this wil be the best statue of the line so far. I might even get two so I can display both heads.

BuffyGirl has already confirmed that he will have a switch out human head in the first page of this thread.

_______

I'm betting that the vampire sclupt will be my favorite, just like the PF's, unless the human face has a spectacular smirk or something. Or God forbid, bad likeness.

This seems to have good likeness. Hard to tell, specially since Spike's vampire face kept changing throughout the shows.

The exclusive sticker is in the picture with the vamp head so the vamp head is the exclusive. Spike spent a lot of season 6 naked so they could have sexed him up if they'd wanted to.

Is it? Well thats a bit more encouraging then, although it depends how strong the likeness is of course.

I'm definitely hoping to see quite a few switch out pieces on this one: head (human), hand (weaponless), and an accessory like the amulet or something unique for the Exclusive. Don't know if it will happen, but still.

Can I just ask why anyone would jump in this forum and complain because they assumed? Why get down on ssc before even the full reveal? I happen to know how hard they worked on this one and there will be absolutely NO disappointment in either sculpts.

I say...wait until you see the whole thing before coming in here to say mean things about a statue that people have worked really hard on.

We'll get our human Spike, Sideshow would never deny us that sculpt.

I hope you're right, but my moan wasn't just for this but for the general attitude as to what gets made for these characters from all sorts of companies, not just Sideshow. Also after what they did to Willow I think a genuine moan can't go amiss sometimes.

But then Sideshows a great big grown up company who I'd sure frankly just don't care all that much as to what the likes of the hard core fanbase say, do you? :lol

I hope you're right, but my moan wasn't just for this but for the general attitude as to what gets made for these characters from all sorts of companies, not just Sideshow. Also after what they did to Willow I think a genuine moan can't go amiss sometimes.

But then Sideshows a great big grown up company who I'd sure frankly just don't care all that much as to what the likes of the hard core fanbase say, do you? :lol

The artist who worked their butt off to please us will. You'll see. If your mouth doesn't drop, I'll be shocked.

Let's start with the good before moving to any negative. I say, let's wait for the full reveal, and then if you think there are things to gripe about, we can definitely give it a go.

My only wish was that a vampire didn't carry a stake. Good guy or not. Kind of ironic in a way. But it IS Spike and he's more like a girl on the inside so expecting weird crap from him isn't hard to take in.

Would have been cool if his vamp face had a cigarette in his mouth. And he was holding an ax. :D

There was never a railroad spike in the series, only a reference to the fact that he used them to torture victims, so I would doubt it's a spike.

I assume they're just taking the same artictic license they are with the rest of these statues, and it would make a hell of a lot more sense than a stake. Then again, I could just be talking out of my ass. :dunno

They confirmed it in Ask Sideshow last February :

Q.
When are we getting to ANGEL Sideshow?
A.

If you mean Buffy’s Angel, the answer is soon. We’re finalizing sculpture on the product, and expect to make a full reveal by mid to late 2011.

Welcome to the Freaks board by the way :hi5:

Thanks a lot, i'm so very happy cause i'll finally have a statue from my favorite character :panic:

And thanks for the welcome too :hi5:

The artist who worked their butt off to please us will. You'll see. If your mouth doesn't drop, I'll be shocked.

Oh I'm sure I will do as If It's Trev or some such it will be magnificent but as I said before my original gripe was when I thought that the vampface was the default head and for me at least I'm a wee bit bored with him being only shown that way, especially as JM has such a striking face. :D

But it IS Spike and he's more like a girl on the inside so expecting weird crap from him isn't hard to take in.

Err, what??

He carries a stake because in the show thats what he often used to kill other vampires with thats why.

Last edited:
Back