Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette

Oh well, the price for this piece is a bit high. Other than the hulk vs spidey (which i think is one of the best pieces ever made) and the retro spidey, this one is 3rd in terms of pricing.

I might just use my budget for the new comiquette which looks just as amazing + the rumored ASM2 piece for the price of this one. I have some disposable income right now but might not have it in the future.

I don't think spending over $1k for a piece is that justifiable in real life unless you have loads of money to spend. :(

Yeah, just pick up the new Com if that works for you. The reason some of these older pieces cost so much in the aftermarket is because something about them really appeals to collectors. Some peeps just look at a piece and know deep down they really have to have it. No other statue will do. I feel that way about the original Spidey Com and the Koto Spidey. For me personally, I'm blown away by these 2 Spidey statues and had to have them in my collection. Even if I didn't have them already, I would hunt them down and pay the aftermarket prices for them because I just haven't seen another Spidey statue that grabs me like those 2 do. However, there is nothing wrong with saving some $$$ and picking up the new Com if you like it. It's still a nice looking statue and if I didn't already have the first Spidey Com, I probably would have picked it up.

Yeah, just pick up the new Com if that works for you. The reason some of these older pieces cost so much in the aftermarket is because something about them really appeals to collectors. Some peeps just look at a piece and know deep down they really have to have it. No other statue will do. I feel that way about the original Spidey Com and the Koto Spidey. For me personally, I'm blown away by these 2 Spidey statues and had to have them in my collection. Even if I didn't have them already, I would hunt them down and pay the aftermarket prices for them because I just haven't seen another Spidey statue that grabs me like those 2 do. However, there is nothing wrong with saving some $$$ and picking up the new Com if you like it. It's still a nice looking statue and if I didn't already have the first Spidey Com, I probably would have picked it up.

I totally agree with you. It's an amazing piece and I would probably pick it up when the time is right. It's one of the largest and most imposing piece around.

I just got a koto spidey and a diamond select milestones. These were the pieces I had to buy and was still was affordable for me. I just spent like $700 for the two (+$300 for the new comiqeutte) so I need a bit of time to recuperate before opening the bank vault again. :thud: I'm running out of room to put these as well

So I just picked the comiquette but I have a few questions as I'm thinking about returning it. The right leg and left hand does not sit flush against the display (like every other statue does when I look at pics or video reviews). Considering how much I paid for this statue, I feel I am not overreacting but am concerned about the statue staying in place as I plan to never sell it.

Spidey1.jpg

Spidey2.jpg

Spidey3.jpg

I'm curious to see what other people think if they paid $1200 and this is what they got.

Temek

I totally agree with you. It's an amazing piece and I would probably pick it up when the time is right. It's one of the largest and most imposing piece around.

I just got a koto spidey and a diamond select milestones. These were the pieces I had to buy and was still was affordable for me. I just spent like $700 for the two (+$300 for the new comiqeutte) so I need a bit of time to recuperate before opening the bank vault again. :thud: I'm running out of room to put these as well

Being honest, IF you cant see yourself living without this Com, I would sell some of your other Spidey statues and buy this one... Just because Of the fact that the price on this one is FLYING up. It was $500 or so when I joined the board, and it has basically doubled in price in a little over a year. Guys are getting this and just not letting it go.

So I just picked the comiquette but I have a few questions as I'm thinking about returning it. The right leg and left hand does not sit flush against the display (like every other statue does when I look at pics or video reviews). Considering how much I paid for this statue, I feel I am not overreacting but am concerned about the statue staying in place as I plan to never sell it.

View attachment 96507

View attachment 96508

View attachment 96506

I'm curious to see what other people think if they paid $1200 and this is what they got.

Temek

That foot should be flush on the wall. For 1200 I wouldn't be happy about that

Thats what I was thinking, at first I thought it was just nitpicking.

No it looks quite off from the pictures, that would annoy me like hell. Who ever sold it to you should of been clear about that.

View attachment 96507

View attachment 96508

View attachment 96506

Temek

I am the seller, and here is the auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/271410168475?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Look at my pics, and you tell me whether I misrepresented, or someone does not know how to put a statue together. Also, why don't you mention how you chipped it trying to put the statue on the base?

Last edited:

I am not going to get into it with the seller on this board. All I'm saying is the statue can only be attached one way and it does not sit flush with the base. I have asked for advice and so far no post came up saying that one could put it in wrong. Paying this kind of money and not being 100% satisfied is not acceptable for me.

Back