Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette

Apparently it might have been chipped when thing to get it in the base so sending it back may not be an option.

Well, in that case, head over to Home Depot and pick yourself up a dremel (my new favourite tool), and go to work on the peg...get the left hand in there flush, and you'll have yourself a great statue.

Temek, hope you can resolve your issue in a satisfactory manner!

So guys, would I be right to say that the fingers on the left hand and the entire right and front part of the left legs should touch the wall?

The price of this WON'T drop at this point, and if not it won't be a great deal unless you can do some finagling like I did. Mine was literally the product of a four way deal ....lol. As for the new J Scott Com or the new Amazing Spiderman 2 movie PF being so popular the making people turn away from this one, well, the simple fact is this is a fully sculpted dynamic pose by Martin Canale, AND it is bigger then 1/4. If you have seen it in person then you KNOW why guys won't part with it on the cheep. Now I am not saying you can't find deals better then the BIN on EBay, but IMHO you just won't see the value of this one dropping in the future. Not to mention the fact that a lot of guys won't sell for less then they bought it at.

Yeah I've seen it mate. I did own it about 2 months ago but let it go to fund other things but I only let it go because of the new CQ which is coming because a Spidey in my collection is essential. It is an awesome piece though no doubts about that :)

Sucks that your Spidey is not satisfactory...it's such a great piece. You may be able to sand/grind down the peg on the left hand to get it to sit flush into the slot...but, you may be better off sending it back for a refund. You don't want to try something on it, then be stuck with it if it didn't work.

Thanks. It is like buying a new car and having someone rear end you, just kills the whole 'new car' feel.

Apparently it might have been chipped when thing to get it in the base so sending it back may not be an option.

The strange thing was it chipped when removing the statue from the base.

Temek, hope you can resolve your issue in a satisfactory manner!

Thanks, me too.

Well, with the current prices, I can't touch this comi, so I've found a poor-man's solution and got it for $65 :)
1.jpg

The prices won't drop if that's what you're hoping for...

Probably not, even with upcoming Spidey statues on the way there's nothing that directly competes with this one's popularity... 1/5 and movie PF are just two different lanes.

Yeah unless you get really lucky but the price will only rise otherwise.

The new Spidey CQ is stunning so there's always that but it isn't 1/4 but the new movie Spidey PF which is in the works sounds really promising. With it rumoured to be fully cloth which for me would be the ultimate if done right but I am big into my mixed media statues so I would say that :D

The price of this WON'T drop at this point, and if not it won't be a great deal unless you can do some finagling like I did. Mine was literally the product of a four way deal ....lol. As for the new J Scott Com or the new Amazing Spiderman 2 movie PF being so popular the making people turn away from this one, well, the simple fact is this is a fully sculpted dynamic pose by Martin Canale, AND it is bigger then 1/4. If you have seen it in person then you KNOW why guys won't part with it on the cheep. Now I am not saying you can't find deals better then the BIN on EBay, but IMHO you just won't see the value of this one dropping in the future. Not to mention the fact that a lot of guys won't sell for less then they bought it at.

true points guys... the new comiquette looks great and I'm excited for it, but it isn't 1/4... and I'm really excited to see the ASM2 Movie PF, I absolutely can't wait.

But altogether, the new Com and Movie PF just aren't a 1/4 Classic Comic Book Spider-Man. The fact there's no other competition for a 1/4 Comic Book Spidey will keep the price on this one high.

And it'll probably be years before we see another 1/4 classic costume Spidey from SS. I bet we'll get a LSF first. Unless Bowen ends up with a 1/4 license, doubtable, or better luck with HCG doing a 1/4 Spidey in the Marvel Vs. Capcom line, more likely but who knows, there's not too much hope for a 1/4 comic book Spidey any time soon, much less one that can really compete with this one.

Well, with the current prices, I can't touch this comi, so I've found a poor-man's solution and got it for $65 :)
View attachment 96860

I was looking at this recently... I think it still stands on it's own as being a cool piece. I'd like to hang one on my wall sooner or later.

I was looking at this recently... I think it still stands on it's own as being a cool piece. I'd like to hang one on my wall sooner or later.

I love mine but it's not built to be mounted on a wall. It's thin enough that any attempt to modify it to do just that would more than likely break it.
It's just got a flip-out part for you to sit on a flat surface like a picture frame.

Thanks. It is like buying a new car and having someone rear end you, just kills the whole 'new car' feel.

The strange thing was it chipped when removing the statue from the base.

Thanks, me too.

Do you have pics of chip Temek?

I love mine but it's not built to be mounted on a wall. It's thin enough that any attempt to modify it to do just that would more than likely break it.
It's just got a flip-out part for you to sit on a flat surface like a picture frame.

Yes, it doesn't have a wall mount, but it can be done with velco pad glued to the wall.
The piece is 1/6 scale and resin, so it's heavy, so a flimsy mount solution won't work. However, I will display it on the wall, by placing it on a floating wall shelf. Target has 10" wide floating shelves that are perfect for it :)

Ah okay it is a paint chip.... Not the polystone ... At least from what I can see, and it probably came off when you removed it, butthe paint might have been a little lose before. It won't be visible when you display it.... My guess is at this point the dremel would be your best bet. File down the peg a bit, and maybe clean out the hole a bit. That paint chip. Itht not be to hard to fix.

Ah okay it is a paint chip.... Not the polystone ... At least from what I can see, and it probably came off when you removed it, butthe paint might have been a little lose before. It won't be visible when you display it.... My guess is at this point the dremel would be your best bet. File down the peg a bit, and maybe clean out the hole a bit. That paint chip. Itht not be to hard to fix.

Yep, the paint was very loose and it does not show when displayed. The statue is absolutely beautiful, just so unfortunate, really. The dremel option is good advice (even though I would not feel comfortable doing it myself, no handyman skills at all).

I am just bummed to have paid this much and would then need to resort to using a dremel (not that I am going to) just to get it to fit. If I paid a lot less, I would be ok with the lack of flushness with the wall display/base and would just live with it.

Good info, I didn't know this. I always thought it could be wall mounted, thanks. I still like it.

Back