Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man Comiquette - Waitlist links available in 1st post.

I don't think you understand how sideshow does things

Agree if they wanted they could make a bigger killing from releasing another 1/4 doom after so many yrs.

But i do hope they will come up with a new doom which is as good as the lsf

Agree if they wanted they could make a bigger killing from releasing another 1/4 doom after so many yrs.

With LSF Doom coming out....1/4 PF won't happen anytime soon....:(

Not to be an idiot, but Dr. Doom is no Spiderman. SSC doesn't necessarily care what a piece goes for on the after market. So as much as Doom is a Grail to collectors, SSC has sold more Spiderman statues, and therefore they have made more money with Spidey then Doom or am I missing something

Edit: So I double checked my numbers and SSC made more money off of the Spidey Comiquette alone then the Doom PF, and that isn't counting the BIB, Iron Spider, or the Spidey PF. So just to check my math: 4 Spidey Statues in 4 years= 4 times the profit of the Doom PF sold 6 years ago. You know I really must not get the science of profit, or how SSC "does things" because this REALLY does look like a company that realizes it has a cash cow on its hands.

Last edited:

Not to be an idiot, but Dr. Doom is no Spiderman. SSC doesn't necessarily care what a piece goes for on the after market. So as much as Doom is a Grail to collectors, SSC has sold more Spiderman statues, and therefore they have made more money with Spidey then Doom or am I missing something

Edit: So I double checked my numbers and SSC made more money off of the Spidey Comiquette alone then the Doom PF, and that isn't counting the BIB, Iron Spider, or the Spidey PF. So just to check my math: 4 Spidey Statues in 4 years= 4 times the profit of the Doom PF sold 6 years ago. You know I really must not get the science of profit, or how SSC "does things" because this REALLY does look like a company that realizes it has a cash cow on its hands.

This is all very true. However, there really only are 2 versions of the classic Spidey by SSC. The original PF and the Com. They will get around to another classic red and blue Spidey. Just don't be surprised if it takes awhile. Look at how many Hulk releases there have been. SSC still hasn't released a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Hulk. Same goes for a classic Cap and Thor. These are all very popular marvel characters. I'm sure that SSC will get around to releasing all of them along with a new Spidey. We just don't know when. It could be a long while. :impatient:

I think it's time for their Spider-Man Noir PF. FF or Scarlet would be awesome too.

I would be willing to bet that we see a new blue and red in the next few years.

New red & blue, Noir, 2099.....I'd be interested in all of them. Might even be down for the "bronze" classic if it can be repainted.

I'd love a nice comic style Spidey in Black on a building ledge.

New red & blue, Noir, 2099.....I'd be interested in all of them. Might even be down for the "bronze" classic if it can be repainted.

Oh I will definately buy the bronze Spidey. All SSC 1:4 Spidey will make it into my collection. :yess:

sideshow did some spidey noir sketches forever ago..don't know whatever happened to it

Yeah I know. They looked great. Long jacket and hat will be awesome.

I'd love a nice comic style Spidey in Black on a building ledge.

A classic symbiote Spider-Man will be nice too. BiB is very cool, but still looks different than the classic version.

All this debate makes me wonder... :rolleyes2

Do anybody hav a spiderman PF EX to sell? :D:D:D

Its vry hard to find :(

I'm still waiting for 2099. One day, hopefully....

I just got these two in the post this morning and they are both *****kin awesome. I don't even know which one I like better but they are definitely two instant favorites.
DSC03485.jpg
DSC03488.jpg
DSC03495.jpg

Nice! Those are some great pick ups Frostlord.

Paint apps are a bit sloppy, but apart from that, Cap PF is still probably my favorite Sideshow statue. I would rank that one, the Hulk PF, and the Wolverine PF higher than Spidey.

All this debate makes me wonder... :rolleyes2

Do anybody hav a spiderman PF EX to sell? :D:D:D

Its vry hard to find :(
As the Million Dollar Man once said, "everyone has a price."

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm4TG56KGZ4[/ame]

Nice! Those are some great pick ups Frostlord.
Thanks flip, I'm very happy with them :hi5:

Paint apps are a bit sloppy, but apart from that, Cap PF is still probably my favorite Sideshow statue. I would rank that one, the Hulk PF, and the Wolverine PF higher than Spidey

Even with the paint issues it's still an awesome statue, I can't see anything too bad with the paint job on mine. But your right Cap pf is an excellent statue

dont know why but i cant see myself getting the Cap pf even if i could afford it, wish i could see a 1/4 pf similar to the Bowen metallic or museum pose one day,

dont know why but i cant see myself getting the Cap pf even if i could afford it, wish i could see a 1/4 pf similar to the Bowen metallic or museum pose one day,

I always though the same thing, but I needed him for my Avengers set up. But the second I received him and displayed him I just instantly fell in love with the statue, It really impressive in person.

Back