Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man Comiquette - Waitlist links available in 1st post.

This has in recent memory been the most flawed piece.

Probably the ugliest Spider-Man statue ever produced...McFarlane would be proud of that monstrosity.

BB

sideshowspidey.jpg

originality.gif

you can't handle people having different opinions and thinking different?

common-sense-is-not-so-common.png

Having a different opinion & thinking differently is fine by me, trolling on the other hand is a whole different situation. Merely saying that you disagree as how a piece has been handled or you prefer a different artist's take on it is completely reasonable but comments like "this monstrosity" is just the kind of remark that'll start avoidble & uneeded arguements.

Do you have any opinions you would like to share? :dunno

I think the Spiderman is a damn fine sculpt.

However, I don't like the pose on the wall. Its not for me. I much prefer a simpler pose like the PF I own.

Sometimes I think SS could benefit from simpler poses.

Probably the ugliest Spider-Man statue ever produced...McFarlane would be proud of that monstrosity.

BB

sideshowspidey.jpg

I do not claim to have seen every Spider Man statue ever produced, but I can say, as someone who actually owns one of these, that it really isn't consistent with a Mc Farlane design. I can't stand Mc Farlane's nonsensical alien headed, atrocious travesty of an interpretation of Spider Man, and I can assure you that I would be the first to admit if this statue looked anything like his expressions.
In fact, it looks almost nothing like it, except for a passing resemblance to the rather thin legs, which actually aren't any thinner than Spidey's first appearance, when he was depicted much slimmer than John Romita Sr. did.

This is in fact a very impressive statue with excellent detail and realistic proportions. It is true that I love John Romita Sr.'s rendition of Spider-Man most, followed perhaps by Steve Ditko, but this is a must have IMO, if you are a Spider Man fan, or even a mild Spider Man fan, and an art collector.

I perceive your assertion that this statue is a monstrosity as an argument that rings hollow.

I would have been perfectly happy with Ditko or Romita-styled Spidey here, but it's going a bit overboard to say this is an ugly statue, much less "THE UGLIEST SPIDEY STATUE EVER, OMG!!" Nothing like McFarlane's Spidey except for the fact that both versions have big eyes and are a bit skinny IMO. McFarlane's Spidey head was really distorted/exaggerated, and I don't care much for it honestly.

I would have been perfectly happy with Ditko or Romita-styled Spidey here, but it's going a bit overboard to say this is an ugly statue, much less "THE UGLIEST SPIDEY STATUE EVER, OMG!!" Nothing like McFarlane's Spidey except for the fact that both versions have big eyes and are a bit skinny IMO.

OMG.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

You clowns that criticize Bowen all the time but think Sideshow can do no wrong must blow right be these types of pics, huh? LOL

That reminds me; where the hell did my black sharpie go?? LOL

Let's hope SS does a better QC job on the Classic Romita Sr. Spider-Man 'Quette! LOL

:peace

BB

You clowns that criticize Bowen all the time but think Sideshow can do no wrong must blow right be these types of pics, huh? LOL

That reminds me; where the hell did my black sharpie go?? LOL

Let's hope SS does a better QC job on the Classic Romita Sr. Spider-Man 'Quette! LOL

:peace

BB

1387861-cool_story_bro_super.jpg

I would have been perfectly happy with Ditko or Romita-styled Spidey here, but it's going a bit overboard to say this is an ugly statue, much less "THE UGLIEST SPIDEY STATUE EVER, OMG!!" Nothing like McFarlane's Spidey except for the fact that both versions have big eyes and are a bit skinny IMO. McFarlane's Spidey head was really distorted/exaggerated, and I don't care much for it honestly.

McFarlane started the whole freakish Spider-Man design so I'll blame him for Larsen, Bagley, etc. He paved the road that people followed; he gets blame accordingly. And what do you mean by "a bit skinny"? That Spidey looks like he hasn't eaten a square meal in 2 years. This malformation, an abomination of what was once a great character design, belongs in the annals of FAIL.

BB

I own both the PF and comiquette. For me, I think the PF is a better statue, BUT to each his own. I can see the appeal with both. I like the mixed media of the PF and the overall body sculpt more. The comiquette is nice as well. It's a departure from the norm and it's that I appreciate, but I think the QC really put a 'sour taste in my mouth' with this one. I'm amazed at the debacle that it turned into. I don't quite understand how it got that out of hand, as I thought it was something easily avoidable, but it did.

I own both the PF and comiquette. For me, I think the PF is a better statue, BUT to each his own. I can see the appeal with both. I like the mixed media of the PF and the overall body sculpt more. The comiquette is nice as well. It's a departure from the norm and it's that I appreciate, but I think the QC really put a 'sour taste in my mouth' with this one. I'm amazed at the debacle that it turned into. I don't quite understand how it got that out of hand, as I thought it was something easily avoidable, but it did.

They fed it. :dunno

I don't think anyone is really defending the QC on some of these pieces. Sideshow dropped the ball on lots of these, and that bums me out as much as the next guy.

Having said that, BB, there's no room for name-calling here. So let's curb it. People aren't insulting you by enjoying this statue.

Back