Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man Comiquette - Waitlist links available in 1st post.

see why it's just easier to stick to 1 scale? :wink1:

Ink, I have NEVER said I don't prefer 1/4 scale. I do. However, I will not say a sculpt is fail if it's not 1/4. The Punisher com BLOWS AWAY the 1/4 scale PF. It isn't even close. It's a better sculpt IMHO. That's what matters most to me. I also agree with most collectors who say that the Punisher com would look even better if it was 1/4 scale. It's not. There is nothing I can do about that. I won't pass on the piece because it isn't 1/4. It just looks too good. Much better than the PF IMHO.

All is not lost Ink. As a guy who hates PFs, I will be picking up the Joker PF when it goes up. That piece just looks wicked good. As I've said before, if it looks good and it's a character I like, I will add it to my collection. That doesn't change the fact that I still hate clothes on my statues. It does mean that the PF format does work well with this piece.

It will always be 1/4 scale fully sculpted FTW with me. It's what I like best. SSC has a hard time understanding that in the marvel line. I hope they don't mess it up in the DC line.

Hi, anyone have an extra removable arm of this comiquette for sale, because mine is totally damaged?

Spider-Man comiquette rules!

They probably will not be able help him either, it's been to long for a popular as well as all the paint problems. That they'll have any replacement parts.

Just got this piece which I bought from attom44.

It has officially become the centerpiece of my collection. You can't realize how big it is as long as you haven't seen it in person. It's massive!

True 1/4 scale here! Wolverine PF looks small next to him.

Can't wait to complete the AO Comiquettes collection with Venom, Carnage and the Hulk!

Congrats, Dark_Spidey!!! This statue shall be the very last one they'll pry from my cold dead hands! :rock

Thanks, Barbarian! :hi5:

Do you guys know where I can find some comparison pics of the Spidey comiquette and the PF?

It's not the sculpt that worries me as much as the scale. The Spidey com is 1/4 scale. I don't care how well the Goblin is sculpted if they release it at 1/5 scale it will not match up as well in scope and size. I have that problem with my Surfer com. Surfer is 1/4 scale. I have the Thanos com/dio as well. He is clearly 1/5 scale. So, Surfer tower over Thanos in size and scope. It's not possible for me to line them up next to each other because Thanos looks much smaller than the Surfer. So I have to separate them in order to display them without it bugging the crap out of me.

The lack of consistent scale in the marvel coms is maddening. Pick one scale and stick with it. 1/4 scale seems to work best with most collectors. That will work with me.

Personally I like having different scales it gives me options to be more creative when laying out a display. But I do see your dilemma some just don't look right next to each other.

Personally I like having different scales it gives me options to be more creative when laying out a display. But I do see your dilemma some just don't look right next to each other.

Looks like you and I have some of the same collecting thoughts.

Do you guys know where I can find some comparison pics of the Spidey comiquette and the PF?

Here you go. These were taken by Goldbuffalo.

spideycqgoldbuffalossfs.jpg

spideycqgoldbuffalossfs.jpg

Just wish the comi' had a nose sculpted and that would have it perfect.

I had the hardest time trying to decide between the PF and this comiquette and I'm so glad I picked up the comiquette early on now that the prices keep rising. Plus its way better than the PF imo

Have both but still love the old school pf, if brings me back to the old spidey cartoons when i was a kid.

Back