Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man Comiquette - Waitlist links available in 1st post.

Man, the prices on these are really starting to jump on the bay. $800+ for a few of the EX. The highest one I've seen over the last few days was $900 shipped. For those of you worrying about Venom, Spidey has just started his climb up the charts. This piece is easily on the way to being the most expensive of the trio to pick up.

^^^ I believe he bought 2, Ex and Reg.
That is correct, sir! I just took some pics with my new camera last night and wanted to share. I am happy with my statue(s), though I had to return my original Ex. to get one where the paint wasn't too sloppy.

This piece is easily on the way to being the most expensive of the trio to pick up.
Not at all surprising to me. In my humble estimation, this is the best Spidey statue around. And Spidey is Marvel's most iconic character, so it stands to reason that it would appreciate in value.

That is correct, sir! I just took some pics with my new camera last night and wanted to share. I am happy with my statue(s), though I had to return my original Ex. to get one where the paint wasn't too sloppy.

Good for you! Yea, I need a good camera. But then again, I need a good house, LOL!

Not at all surprising to me. In my humble estimation, this is the best Spidey statue around. And Spidey is Marvel's most iconic character, so it stands to reason that it would appreciate in value.

No it's not a surprise because of all the reasons you listed. However, the Venom com is no joke and commanded a hefty price on the aftermarket. It seems Venom is starting to level off a bit.

I didn't see this spike for Spidey coming in the last few weeks. He was just selling for the $550-$700 range. At $900 it's just a lick away from a grand. The only thing that surprises me is the speed that this is happening at.

The only reason that the prices are so high on ebay is because the fees on that site are horrible for sellers, I still can't believe that the site is still up and running.

Just was taking a look around and seen that the Spider-Man Comi' that sold for $999+$80 shipping. One of my Spidey photos helped it sale for that much...:D Can't say that I'm all that upset other than I found out the bum was using my photo after the item had sold.

https://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDERMAN-COMI...286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588eb803ae

Looks similar....

1128472845_CGKix-L.jpg

Just was taking a look around and seen that the Spider-Man Comi' that sold for $999+$80 shipping. One of my Spidey photos helped it sale for that much...:D Can't say that I'm all that upset other than I found out the bum was using my photo after the item had sold.

https://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDERMAN-COMI...286?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588eb803ae

Looks similar....

1128472845_CGKix-L.jpg

Dang $1K for a regular? The EX was not even sold for that much, it must be your photo bro :mwaha

Man, the prices on these are really starting to jump on the bay. $800+ for a few of the EX. The highest one I've seen over the last few days was $900 shipped. For those of you worrying about Venom, Spidey has just started his climb up the charts. This piece is easily on the way to being the most expensive of the trio to pick up.

Yes and that is great for the collectors that already have this but for someone like me I'm afraid I will never own one. :monkey2 I've been on the waitlist forever and can't afford the inflated prices of the aftermarket. Spidey has always been my favorite marvel character. Congrats to all that has acquired one. :clap

Looks similar....

1128472845_CGKix-L.jpg

Yeah, if you look closely enough you can see where he covered you sig. in the lower right corner. :rotfl You do great photo's though some of the best I've seen. :hi5:

Yeah, if you look closely enough you can see where he covered you sig. in the lower right corner. :rotfl You do great photo's though some of the best I've seen. :hi5:

Could've at least left my sig'...:monkey2

Thanks on the photos...:)

Well there we go. A $1000 Spidey com. Hell, it's not even the EX. The only way to explain this is the sick IronLungs pics. Maybe you should TM those photos Bro. :lol

Huh?

What am I missing here?

Did the seller change the picture after the sale? I don't get it.

The picture on that auction is the 3/24 gallery photo from Sideshow's own listing:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2000651&ref=search&2000651

Or did Sideshow build a time machine, steal IronLungs31's photo and then bring it back to put on their listing before they released the statue? :wink1:

Huh?

What am I missing here?

Did the seller change the picture after the sale? I don't get it.

The picture on that auction is the 3/24 gallery photo from Sideshow's own listing:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2000651&ref=search&2000651

Or did Sideshow build a time machine, steal IronLungs31's photo and then bring it back to put on their listing before they released the statue? :wink1:
Check the picture posted in the items description further down on the eBay listing.

They were sneaky enough to use the stock photo (it seems) for the general pic, but used IL's awesome one in the description.
x :peace

Check the picture posted in the items description further down on the eBay listing.

They were sneaky enough to use the stock photo (it seems) for the general pic, but used IL's awesome one in the description.

Do our photos come up in Google searches? Or is it more times than not someone who is familiar with the boards and knows where to look to find this pictures?

Luckily, most of my pictures are of Buffy subject matter which no one cares to search for. :yess: :lol j/k

Took this a long time ago but never shared. Two of the best statues in my collection!

p1040089mcruipbu.jpg

Last edited:

It seems to me that an ultra fine point black Sharpie or a Sakura Pigma micron 005 pen might be an excellent fix for some of the missing and washed out webbing on this .

Last edited:

Aha.

That didn't come up when I initially checked.
Just a big red 'x'.

On a related note, at least the seller acknowledged that IL's photo wasn't a pic of the actual 'for sale' item.
I've had pictures I've taken stolen from messageboards and used for eBay auctions before. In one particular instance, when I called the seller on it, they were pretty unrepentant and had no grasp of the concept of photograph copyrights. :slap

"You have no claim. You don't own Darth Vader! Lucas does!"

"I own the photographs of the helmet not to mention the actual helmet you're representing in your auction as being for sale, which is most certainly not."

He wouldn't take them down so I took more pictures of the helmet that I hadn't put online and created a "mirror" auction using the same words in the title so it'd come up right beside his in a search.
In the description, I explained that I wasn't actually offering the helmet in question but if people wanted to buy prints of the photos, that would justify the .99 opening bid. :lol
I also explained in it that the reason I was posting the auction was to call attention to the other clown's auction and explain that the photos of the helmet were actually mine and that that helmet wasn't for sale.

Of course, he contacted eBay and they yanked my "auction"... but his also went *poof* shortly after.

The pictures never resurfaced. :lol

Aha.

That didn't come up when I initially checked.
Just a big red 'x'.

On a related note, at least the seller acknowledged that IL's photo wasn't a pic of the actual 'for sale' item.
I've had pictures I've taken stolen from messageboards and used for eBay auctions before. In one particular instance, when I called the seller on it, they were pretty unrepentant and had no grasp of the concept of photograph copyrights. :slap

"You have no claim. You don't own Darth Vader! Lucas does!"

"I own the photographs of the helmet not to mention the actual helmet you're representing in your auction as being for sale, which is most certainly not."

He wouldn't take them down so I took more pictures of the helmet that I hadn't put online and created a "mirror" auction using the same words in the title so it'd come up right beside his in a search.
In the description, I explained that I wasn't actually offering the helmet in question but if people wanted to buy prints of the photos, that would justify the .99 opening bid. :lol
I also explained in it that the reason I was posting the auction was to call attention to the other clown's auction and explain that the photos of the helmet were actually mine and that that helmet wasn't for sale.

Of course, he contacted eBay and they yanked my "auction"... but his also went *poof* shortly after.

The pictures never resurfaced. :lol

That sounds like a lot of work. All you needed to do was contact eBay and they have a system to where you provide your links, websites, or photographs that were original made by you or that you have hosted somewhere else. Then shortly after proving this they will yank down the auction of the copyrighter.

Back