Sideshow Spider-Man Comiquette (2010)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man Comiquette - Waitlist links available in 1st post.

I don't think anyone is really defending the QC on some of these pieces. Sideshow dropped the ball on lots of these, and that bums me out as much as the next guy.

Having said that, BB, there's no room for name-calling here. So let's curb it. People aren't insulting you by enjoying this statue.

Really? "Clowns" upsets you? Do you ever challenge anyone else on here with some of the garbage they post? Have you ever read the hundreds of posts on here that slam a decent, fan-friendly company like Bowen Designs? You need to stop your kissing games with your little internet pals here and open your freakin' eyes.

BB

Let me reiterate my previous friendly suggestion that you cool it with the unnecessary insults. If you can't post without insulting other members, then don't post. No reason to take knocks on a collectible as a personal affront. If you like Bowen, good for you. Others don't, good for them. Doesn't give anyone a right to start throwing out taunts. Sends out negative vibes and makes this place unpleasant for everyone.

Let me reiterate my previous friendly suggestion that you cool it with the unnecessary insults. If you can't post without insulting other members, then don't post. No reason to take knocks on a collectible as a personal affront. If you like Bowen, good for you. Others don't, good for them. Doesn't give anyone a right to start throwing out taunts. Sends out negative vibes and makes this place unpleasant for everyone.

Agreed, Tee-Hee!!!! :D

I do not claim to have seen every Spider Man statue ever produced, but I can say, as someone who actually owns one of these, that it really isn't consistent with a Mc Farlane design. I can't stand Mc Farlane's nonsensical alien headed, atrocious travesty of an interpretation of Spider Man, and I can assure you that I would be the first to admit if this statue looked anything like his expressions.
In fact, it looks almost nothing like it, except for a passing resemblance to the rather thin legs, which actually aren't any thinner than Spidey's first appearance, when he was depicted much slimmer than John Romita Sr. did.

This is in fact a very impressive statue with excellent detail and realistic proportions. It is true that I love John Romita Sr.'s rendition of Spider-Man most, followed perhaps by Steve Ditko, but this is a must have IMO, if you are a Spider Man fan, or even a mild Spider Man fan, and an art collector.

I perceive your assertion that this statue is a monstrosity as an argument that rings hollow.

I agree with your assessment 100%. I would love for Sideshow to do a Romita Sr. Spidey and would buy that in a heartbeat but I love this Spidey Comiquette and it is by far the best Spiderman statue going right now. That being said, I didn't have any paint issues with both my EX's, so it doesn't taint my views of this masterpiece. Obviously, there are some narrow minded people out there that can't look outside their "own little box". So be it. Their loss.....and yes I said taint.

Last edited:

This is definitely one of those 'you either like it or you don't' pieces because of the stylized look. I can appreciate both view points, but for me the PF is more my style. It's still 'top dog' in my collection. Whether you like the PF or the Comiquette better, more power to you. If you don't like any, I'm sure there's a new piece in the works.

This is definitely one of those 'you either like it or you don't' pieces because of the stylized look. I can appreciate both view points, but for me the PF is more my style. It's still 'top dog' in my collection. Whether you like the PF or the Comiquette better, more power to you. If you don't like any, I'm sure there's a new piece in the works.

What if you have all?

As soon as I got this...my PF went bye bye. :wave It was an easy decision for me as it didn't wow me like the comiquette did when I saw it. Plus, I'm not a fan of the mixed media statues either. Now bring on the Goblin comiquette....the Romita comic version please.

As soon as I got this...my PF went bye bye. :wave It was an easy decision for me as it didn't wow me like the comiquette did when I saw it. Plus, I'm not a fan of the mixed media statues either. Now bring on the Goblin comiquette....the Romita comic version please.

I'm really looking forward to a Goblin com. SSC will probably mess it up though. They'll make it 1/5 scale like Hobgoblin. Sigh, SSC just can't get their scales right. Make ALL coms the same scale. 1/4 will do just fine. By making both, you are really messing up our display options.

I'm really looking forward to a Goblin com. SSC will probably mess it up though. They'll make it 1/5 scale like Hobgoblin. Sigh, SSC just can't get their scales right. Make ALL coms the same scale. 1/4 will do just fine. By making both, you are really messing up our display options.

:exactly::goodpost:

This is the Spidey to have imo. Best Spidey out there!

Wished I had picked this up when I had the chance. Now this piece is going for crazy prices... Best Spidey statue for now.

That's a good possibility....just look at the new 1:1 Goblin bust :horror

That's a good possibility....just look at the new 1:1 Goblin bust :horror

It's not the sculpt that worries me as much as the scale. The Spidey com is 1/4 scale. I don't care how well the Goblin is sculpted if they release it at 1/5 scale it will not match up as well in scope and size. I have that problem with my Surfer com. Surfer is 1/4 scale. I have the Thanos com/dio as well. He is clearly 1/5 scale. So, Surfer tower over Thanos in size and scope. It's not possible for me to line them up next to each other because Thanos looks much smaller than the Surfer. So I have to separate them in order to display them without it bugging the crap out of me.

The lack of consistent scale in the marvel coms is maddening. Pick one scale and stick with it. 1/4 scale seems to work best with most collectors. That will work with me.

Wished I had picked this up when I had the chance. Now this piece is going for crazy prices... Best Spidey statue for now.

you-snooze-you-lose.jpg

It's not the sculpt that worries me as much as the scale. The Spidey com is 1/4 scale. I don't care how well the Goblin is sculpted if they release it at 1/5 scale it will not match up as well in scope and size. I have that problem with my Surfer com. Surfer is 1/4 scale. I have the Thanos com/dio as well. He is clearly 1/5 scale. So, Surfer tower over Thanos in size and scope. It's not possible for me to line them up next to each other because Thanos looks much smaller than the Surfer. So I have to separate them in order to display them without it bugging the crap out of me.

The lack of consistent scale in the marvel coms is maddening. Pick one scale and stick with it. 1/4 scale seems to work best with most collectors. That will work with me.

Sideshow seems to have no rhyme or reason when it comes to choosing scale in these comiquettes. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I mean how hard would it be to make everything 1/4 scale? PF and comiquettes alike? we as collectors would have nothing to worry about then...other than paint apps, breakage, crappy sculpts, :lol I guess that thinking makes too much sense.......

Sideshow seems to have no rhyme or reason when it comes to choosing scale in these comiquettes. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I mean how hard would it be to make everything 1/4 scale? PF and comiquettes alike? we as collectors would have nothing to worry about then...other than paint apps, breakage, crappy sculpts, :lol I guess that thinking makes too much sense.......

There is nothing more maddening than SSC's apathy in deciding scale in the marvel comiquette line. They really have no rhyme or reason to what they do. You make a 1/4 Spidey com but release the Hobgoblin com in 1/5 scale. They release the Surfer com in 1/4 scale yet make a 1/5 Thanos com/dio. They just can't F-up the scale in the comiquette line anymore than they already have. Oh wait, I forgot about the DD com that isn't even 1/5 scale. I own all of these pieces because I like the sculpts. However, this is maddening I tell you!:gah:

There is nothing more maddening than SSC's apathy in deciding scale in the marvel comiquette line. They really have no rhyme or reason to what they do. You make a 1/4 Spidey com but release the Hobgoblin com in 1/5 scale. They release the Surfer com in 1/4 scale yet make a 1/5 Thanos com/dio. They just can't F-up the scale in the comiquette line anymore than they already have. Oh wait, I forgot about the DD com that isn't even 1/5 scale. I own all of these pieces because I like the sculpts. However, this is maddening I tell you!:gah:

see why it's just easier to stick to 1 scale? :wink1:

Back