1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, I agree with you guys. Compare any HT to the same SSC figure and HT always wins out. But that being said, SSC has made some decent offerings lately, and a nice looking figure is a nice looking figure whoever makes it IMO.

Im in the camp of folks that seriously doubts we'll see the snowy commander released by HT anytime soon now that this has been announced. It's a shame, but the SSC figure looks like it would do nicely in it's place for me. :)

c7939bf0-b160-4ad0-8f70-44f9e7a42fa5_zpsraxpb6zq.jpg

248a3a8a-9198-48d2-8b0d-6a5bed5dc71b_zpskxtmdpyk.jpg

What happened here??? :slap

I can only speak for myself but regardless of who makes the figures the original image show looks to have much better fabric work and the moulding on that helmet from SSC looks pretty terrible... enough for me not to want it.

I've not been in this long enough to develop any real loyalty for one company over another but I've ordered the AT-AT driver as that looks a superb figure regardless.

When I saw looking at Snowtroopers the first one I found didn't look that great to me which turned out to be the SSC version but the HT figure looks great and I've ordered that one... same goes for Boba Fett... the SSC just looked very off when I saw it so went for the HT even though I'd love an ESB version. This ST Commander gives me that same feeling over seeing the images of the original design which turns out to be from HT. It's just not as good visually.

I can only speak for myself but regardless of who makes the figures the original image show looks to have much better fabric work and the moulding on that helmet from SSC looks pretty terrible... enough for me not to want it.

I've not been in this long enough to develop any real loyalty for one company over another but I've ordered the AT-AT driver as that looks a superb figure regardless.

When I saw looking at Snowtroopers the first one I found didn't look that great to me which turned out to be the SSC version but the HT figure looks great and I've ordered that one... same goes for Boba Fett... the SSC just looked very off when I saw it so went for the HT even though I'd love an ESB version. This ST Commander gives me that same feeling over seeing the images of the original design which turns out to be from HT. It's just not as good visually.

I think you'l find this to be the case all the time. As good as you might think Sideshow's figures are (and some of them are indeed very very good), HT's will almost always be better in one way or another.

I've been pretty happy with Sideshow's armor figure offerings, with the At-at driver being excellent, and the tie pilot very good, so decided to make this a 'oh hell yes' purchase.

Would be amusing if Sideshow and Hot Toys both had their Commanders at SDCC. Either way, I sure hope the HT version doesn't get ****canned because of Sideshow. It's hard to decide if I want to get Sideshow's for fear of HT never releasing their version, or just wait even longer.

I can't imagine this will be a brisk seller for Sideshow... my guess is you'd still have a good chance of buying him at or below retail for a long while. I doubt HT would completely scrap their figure; but I could see them holding back for a year or so in order for Sideshow to sell this version. That way they can sell some and get money from the distribution then turn around and sell another one (which people will buy to upgrade, or because they waited it out) and make even more money. You can't do it the other way... no one would buy the Sideshow version after it's already been done by HT.

Come to think of it, I can't think of a single figure that HT did first and Sideshow later released :lol

Hmm... looks better than the last show but looks like a bit long in the face imo. I'll wait till in hand pics... the HT one looked better.

Poor ol' Sideshow - even when they make a truly massive improvement (that head is 100% new) and actually come very close to nailing the helmet, they still get dumped on. :lol

Though to be fair, the PO outfit is 100% untouched from the previews at the shows, including the reuse of those awful fatty gloves.

Not sure anyone has mentioned, but the holster on this Commander looks bad - shiny pleather with huge stitching and not even close to accurate. Hope they change it.

W6GyuEL.png

Poor ol' Sideshow - even when they make a truly massive improvement (that head is 100% new) and actually come very close to nailing the helmet, they still get dumped on. :lol

Though to be fair, the PO outfit is 100% untouched from the previews at the shows, including the reuse of those awful fatty gloves.

Not sure anyone has mentioned, but the holster on this Commander looks bad - shiny pleather with huge stitching and not even close to accurate. Hope they change it.

W6GyuEL.png

It's still hard to believe Sideshow had the nerve to show that atrocious first sculpt. But as you say and show it looks much improved, albeit still a few ticks below the HT. Of course it will come with the usual terrible body and lack the overall polish of what the HT would have been. But at some point I'll probably pick it up anyway :huh. I need a snowtrooper commander to lead the grunts and the HT may never come. And if it does I won't mind having two that vary a bit.

This figure REALLY NEEDS a pointing finger so he can point to a strategic battle position while barking orders at the grunts

You'll probably get a canned response like "This is the only Snowtrooper Commander figure currently available for order."

Next week is anicon in Hong Kong and Hot Toys has a booth there. Hope there will be videos up and we can see if there will be a ST commander... No way we will the HT version at the SS booth at SDCC.

This one is from Toyark. I think it looks pretty great. Hopefully if you tuck the sleeves further down into the gloves it won't look so baggy.

380f168272f95a090518b65098ccb704.jpeg

Back