1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much was this version in the actual film? At first glance, I thought SS was just re-releasing their snowie from years ago.

New pics make the mask look good but it's most likely just taken from flattering angles.

It looks quite a bit better than that abomination they previously put on display and the price is reasonable. It's just hard to get on board with this after seeing the HT. I have to wonder if that fig went straight into Howard's collection never to be seen again?

How much was this version in the actual film? At first glance, I thought SS was just re-releasing their snowie from years ago.
He's only in a 3 second scene with Veers in the Walker. Veers tells him, "All troops will debark for ground assault."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Maybe HT will release their Snowtrooper Commander the same time they unveil Luke Snowspeeder Pilot. :rotfl

Maybe HT feared low sales on this particular version of the snowtrooper so they let Sideshow have it.

I think HT's done with low sale figures. No Death Star Trooper, No GONK, no Commander, etc. Yes, you might see them at shows because they have great protos but maybe you'll never see them for preorder...

He's only in a 3 second scene with Veers in the Walker. Veers tells him, "All troops will debark for ground assault."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks. That's the only part I knew of. I'd be surprised if HT makes this figure.

Maybe HT feared low sales on this particular version of the snowtrooper so they let Sideshow have it.

I think HT's done with low sale figures. No Death Star Trooper, No GONK, no Commander, etc. Yes, you might see them at shows because they have great protos but maybe you'll never see them for preorder...
I think as a stand alone figure this is kind of an oddity to be honest. I'm almost a bit surprised that even Sideshow is doing it when the Hot Toys Snowtroopers are just starting to hit. I mean while some diehard fans may want this to most this is probably pretty low on the wish lists of figures to pick up. I think it would have made more sense for Hot Toys to have done it in a two pack with a regular Snowtrooper rather than separate which may be why they dropped it.

The Gonk and to an extent the Snowtrooper Commander are perhaps niche figures (I would buy both in a heartbeat as I only buy Star Wars, especially OT Star Wars), but the DST is iconic and featured in Rogue One. He is part of the original 12 too.

Surely he will see release soon.

Sickening that we have yet to see him or the Gonk go up for pre order (Baze too), yet I keep seeing loads of Marvel stuff announced.
Think of us OT fans Hot Toys!!!

DAFFY HOTH copy.jpg

Daffy didn't tell Bugs where he was going on holiday...

I'm in on it, I have one sideshow snowie, the ATAT driver, the canon and the HT snowie twopack. I like having some variety among them so I won't mind if a second commander comes out from hot toys and looks different. I'll just have them on opposite sides of the display.

It's like having Hero and Stunt figures.

My $50 off coupon is still valid until 23rd so I'm going to wait and see if anything better comes up for pre order during SCC, If not then I'll be using it for this.

Looks great to me, kinda puzzled at the hate its getting to be honest, just not everyones cup of tea I guess!

Not preordering cause Im really trying to be super selective with 1/6 now, but it could be a future purchase down the line when its released.

Looks great to me, kinda puzzled at the hate its getting to be honest, just not everyones cup of tea I guess!

Not preordering cause Im really trying to be super selective with 1/6 now, but it could be a future purchase down the line when its released.

People were shown a superb Hot Toys Snowtrooper Commander proto and then Sideshow came up with their long face version (slightly improved now). From my own experience, if looking for overall quality between the same characters made by HT and SSC, HT always wins. Always. So indeed many collectors are not too happy to see SSC making this instead of HT.

Seems to be the current trend to bash sideshow to the extreme.
Looks good but I concede that the ht looked better but it ain't coming anytime soon if at all.
I hope the dst is thou

Back