Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Psh! That's what mods are for. :p

20080222diaper_pace_change_500.jpg

Man, that Snakes looks awesome, how he should have looked build-wise. What body did you use? I don't kitbash, but I may be inclined to do so to get Snake eyes to look that way. Also, where did the katana come from?

yes the body is a wesker body and the sword I got from ebay from 7toys7

My Snake Eyes arrived today!
Awesome figure. Great acessories!
Even his skinny look doesn't bother me.

p1010222l.jpg

editp1010228.jpg

So guys what body is best for swapping out on the SE's?

I hear the Hot Toys Wesker, is this correct?

I just won one on Ebay and am looking to upgrade the body. I saw some pics of one that used Billy's body from the Predator series on OneSixthWarriors but I don't like the idea of the rubber body.

Let me know. Input is appreciated!

So guys what body is best for swapping out on the SE's?

I hear the Hot Toys Wesker, is this correct?

I just won one on Ebay and am looking to upgrade the body. I saw some pics of one that used Billy's body from the Predator series on OneSixthWarriors but I don't like the idea of the rubber body.

Let me know. Input is appreciated!

Yea go Wesker, best option.

Yea go Wesker, best option.

Agreed. I had to modify the body a bit to make it work but it's worth it.

So I'm pretty new to 1/6 and have never kit bashed/custom a figure before. How much is involved with making the transformation?

Obviously you are talking about 2 different bodies from 2 different companies but how hard is it to get the feet, head, and hands attached to the Wesker body? Does the Hot Toys body need a bunch of modifications to it to get it to look right?

Maybe I should have asked this first but is there a thread that you guys can give me a link to that would help me? Maybe one you guys post in already? Sometimes searching on here is painful to say the least....

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Hey guys, so here is a pic of the new True Type that is coming out. Okay, I have no idea if it's "new" but at least it's hitting the market soon. ANYWAYS, what do you think about this body for SE's?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75065&highlight=wesker

I'm trying to explore cost options and I'm wondering if any of you know if this compares to the Wesker or would be better or worse because I can probably pick this up new.

Thanks again...

Edit: I just looked at some pics on Ebay of the Wesker. To me it looks a little bit more muscular, correct or am I seeing things?

So I'm pretty new to 1/6 and have never kit bashed/custom a figure before. How much is involved with making the transformation?

Obviously you are talking about 2 different bodies from 2 different companies but how hard is it to get the feet, head, and hands attached to the Wesker body? Does the Hot Toys body need a bunch of modifications to it to get it to look right?

Maybe I should have asked this first but is there a thread that you guys can give me a link to that would help me? Maybe one you guys post in already? Sometimes searching on here is painful to say the least....

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Easy swap. the boots need the "boil and pop" method. Pop out the Pro pegs and pop in the hot toys pegs (Microwave water for about 2 minutes, then put the boots in for about 20 seconds).
The posts of hand pegs need to be cut down so they fit the Hot Toys Body.

Hey guys, so here is a pic of the new True Type that is coming out. Okay, I have no idea if it's "new" but at least it's hitting the market soon. ANYWAYS, what do you think about this body for SE's?

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75065&highlight=wesker

I'm trying to explore cost options and I'm wondering if any of you know if this compares to the Wesker or would be better or worse because I can probably pick this up new.

Thanks again...

Edit: I just looked at some pics on Ebay of the Wesker. To me it looks a little bit more muscular, correct or am I seeing things?

That is just the narrow shoulder TT with a different head sculpt. You want this one for SE:
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=products&product_id=510
ttm1620caucasian20370x5.jpg

I believe this is a new torso with Wesker body's arms. I personally have him on the Hot Toys Comedian body, but you have to modify the neck so he doesnt have the giraffe neck.

Easy swap. the boots need the "boil and pop" method. Pop out the Pro pegs and pop in the hot toys pegs (Microwave water for about 2 minutes, then put the boots in for about 20 seconds).
The posts of hand pegs need to be cut down so they fit the Hot Toys Body.

That is just the narrow shoulder TT with a different head sculpt. You want this one for SE:
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=products&product_id=510
ttm1620caucasian20370x5.jpg

I believe this is a new torso with Wesker body's arms. I personally have him on the Hot Toys Comedian body, but you have to modify the neck so he doesnt have the giraffe neck.

Wow thank you! So more questions generated from your post.

So the hand pegs cut down part. Just have to eye it because you want the wrist to line up with the end of the arm properly? Also, how did you cut down the posts?

Regarding that body, I can find some on Ebay for about $55 shipped out of Hong Kong. Anywhere else I should be looking that might be cheaper. Also, so if a Wesker goes for around $60 shipped and this one goes for $55....is one superior to the other that you know of?

I suppose I get an extra stand by going with the new one, kind of a perk.

Oh yeah, and what about the head? Do the Sideshow heads connect like the Hot Toys heads? Just pop it on basically?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for your time and insight. Appreciate it guys!

Wow thank you! So more questions generated from your post.

So the hand pegs cut down part. Just have to eye it because you want the wrist to line up with the end of the arm properly? Also, how did you cut down the posts?

Yes or you can measure it next to a True Type peg if you have one. :D If you leave 4 ribs, not counting the larger one attached to base of the wrist, you should get the measurement you want. I use an exacto blade.

Regarding that body, I can find some on Ebay for about $55 shipped out of Hong Kong. Anywhere else I should be looking that might be cheaper. Also, so if a Wesker goes for around $60 shipped and this one goes for $55....is one superior to the other that you know of?

I suppose I get an extra stand by going with the new one, kind of a perk.

Its pretty much the same body. In a matter of fact the packaged one might work out better, since the Wesker body has longer (Almost twice the length) ankle pegs that the regular TT. The packaged one wont be released until the 3rd quarter, and you can pre-order it for 35.00. As of right now, Wesker body is the best way to go.

Oh yeah, and what about the head? Do the Sideshow heads connect like the Hot Toys heads? Just pop it on basically?

The head is the same, you can pop it in.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for your time and insight. Appreciate it guys

Hope that helps.

OK...I just picked up the TTM-16 from ebay for 45.00 shipped from Hong Kong. The listing claimed that it would be to them within 30 days. We'll see. But if this works out, it will be nice to not have to pay the extra 40.00 for a Wesker.

OK...I just picked up the TTM-16 from ebay for 45.00 shipped from Hong Kong. The listing claimed that it would be to them within 30 days. We'll see. But if this works out, it will be nice to not have to pay the extra 40.00 for a Wesker.

The Hot Toys website has it for the 3rd quarter. Are they going by year or fiscal year? If its fiscal then body should be out after April, which would make the pre-order 30 claim valid.

Last edited:
Back