Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all.
I found this thread through links on various other boards and, after reading through it (yes, all of it. Took a while!) I decided to have a go improving my SS Snake Eyes. Here's what I ended up with:

The body is a Hot Toys Wesker Body; I hollowed out the arms to fit the Sideshow gloves (I didn't want to mod anything on the original SE figure). The boots are from a TTL CIA Quick Reaction Force figure, bought for a few bucks on eBay; they have a pair of Transplanter (at least, that's what the auction said) balljointed feet in them. I had to mod Wesker's legs as well to get them to fit. A lot of cutting was done, but I think it worked.
Anyway, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted so many helpful hints and tips in this thread. I wouldn't have had the first clue where to begin without it!

Welcome! I applaud your tenacity. And your Snake looks bad ass!

DSC_2787.jpg

DSC_2786.jpg

Got SE on the Blade TT. I think he looks good. Fills out the shirt well. He is a bit tall as you can see by FF on the regular Pro, but looks good.

This is my SE with the Comedian's body. To me it looks better than the Wesker body. I had to modify the neck a little so he wouldnt have a giraffe neck. I also went the DK way and changed the head so all my Joes match (molded masks and balaclavas).:D

picture032c.jpg

picture031pi.jpg

picture035mq.jpg

Last edited:
hey - 1kmasks - are those the same shoulder pads that shadow_wolf used on his back in post 975? Which figure did they come from?

They look awesome! Can we get a shot of the back?

Edit - And by the way, I have been eyeing the Comedian body myself. How is the articulation?

hey - 1kmasks - are those the same shoulder pads that shadow_wolf used on his back in post 975? Which figure did they come from?

They look awesome! Can we get a shot of the back?

Edit - And by the way, I have been eyeing the Comedian body myself. How is the articulation?

The shoulder pads are part of the Hot Toys Krauser's tactical vest.
picture038v.jpg

The articualtion is not too bad. The only problem with the articulation is on the elbows. This is as much as it can be bent.
picture039vq.jpg

Also, if you are going to put the body on SE make sure you are planning to keep it, because the shirt stains the body alot. Specially the soft torso.

Last edited:
The shoulder pads are part of the Hot Toys Krauser's tactical vest.

The articualtion is not too bad. The only problem with the articulation is on the elbows. This is as much as it can be bent.

Also, if you are going to put the body on SE make sure you are planning to keep it, because the shirt stains the body alot. Specially the soft torso.

Thanks 1k! I am OK with the staining as I would always have the mannequin covered anyway. i will have to look for one of those!

Well...it seems that I have fixes for the two major issues...being the boot and vest...en route. I will soon have a complete and fully functioning Snake Eyes. The cost was dear. But the figure is worth it to me.

Snake Eyes is my favorite figure...and that is coming from someone who likes GI Joe a lot, but likes Star Wars 100 times as much. But the shear awesomeness that a collector feels just by being in the presence of this figure can not be ignored.:D

A lot of the characters in the Star Wars line are just as cool, but I think that the thing about this figure that puts it over even my favorite Star Wars ones is the fact that his cool outfit does not inhibit his articulation (I know it can not be helped with the armor). And the simple fact that Snake Eyes' costume and gear is head-to-toe black, which has appealled to me pretty much all of my life.

Last edited:
Well...it seems that I have fixes for the two major issues...being the boot and vest...en route. I will soon have a complete and fully functioning Snake Eyes. The cost was dear. But the figure is worth it to me.

Snake Eyes is my favorite figure...and that is coming from someone who likes GI Joe a lot, but likes Star Wars 100 times as much. But the shear awesomeness that a collector feels just by being in the presence of this figure can not be ignored.:D

A lot of the characters in the Star Wars line are just as cool, but I think that the thing about this figure that puts it over even my favorite Star Wars ones is the fact that his cool outfit does not inhibit his articulation (I know it can not be helped with the armor). And the simple fact that Snake Eyes' costume and gear is head-to-toe black, which has appealled to me pretty wuch all of my life.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Pretty wuch.

I'm loving that Krauser tactical vest, onethousandmasks. Do the pouches open, and will Snake Eye's Uzi clips fit in there if it does?

Not sure if this is a no-no, but can anybody direct me to a site that has the Snake Eyes 12" figure for sale?

Cheers,

mwf

Back