Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip. I pulled the sleeves down and it looks much better. The figure is perfect now with the mods. Changing the head was a little scary at first, but a little flat black paint around the top of the visor took care of my problems. The sculpted head is a must.

So I have a question about the sculpted head swap. I am using the head from a trooper, and visor doesn't quite mesh well because the molded face is too lumpy. In addition, I am right on the edge of having the forehead show above the visor. I have started to sand the inside of the visor a bit, but have you guys been flattening out the molded face?? That just seems sad to me. I guess I will keep digging out the inside of the visor until it sits better, and maybe use friction or blue-tac to keep the visor in place.

I used the trooper face as well. don't damage the visor, you can get another head for 15 bucks. I just put the nose of the head where the small hole on the visor is and glued it. Before the glue dried I lined it up properly and let it dry. Then glue the sides. If you looked straight on you couldn't see any of the face, but if you looked from the top you could. I just took some testors flat black paint and painted around the top a bit. Once dried the flat black matched the black on the head perfectly.

If all the masked figure were, then yes. Since they are not, no.

I said................

THAT IS ALL~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad: :devil

01.gif

alrighty, thanks for the input, and the hulk gif. :ted

Now, I ordered a TTA narrow shoulder and TTA normal shoulder and the narrow arrived first. I am having the toughest time with getting the shirt to behave right at SE's throat area, and bunches across the collar bone. I am going to try the normal TTA as soon as it arrives, but was wondering if anyone else tried the swap with a narrow shoulder and had the same result.

I am not using the pro neck, and so the shirt is not attached, if that makes a difference. I futz and futz, and can't get it right. Sorry no pics available.

Cloth mask FTW. I've never had anybody say "nice collection but why does that one have a cloth mask?"

Oh, and sculpted boots FTW. Some of the custom boots on here look like SE is about to go for a walk on the moon.

I'm sure you are right, but trooper head = $15 and Firefly head = not available. The upcoming black ninja comes with two heads. Both look far better than the trooper head also.

Not sure which black ninja sculpt you're talking about; but both heads will probably have 2 bumps on the side of their heads.

Cloth mask FTW. I've never had anybody say "nice collection but why does that one have a cloth mask?"

Oh, and sculpted boots FTW. Some of the custom boots on here look like SE is about to go for a walk on the moon.

The cloth head would have been fine except sideshow put the visor far too low. When you place it on the sculpted head you can position it where you want. thus making sculpted > sideshow cloth.

Not sure which black ninja sculpt you're talking about; but both heads will probably have 2 bumps on the side of their heads.

sideshow has a black ninja up for preorder. comes with a regular head and a scarred head. I forgot the red ninja had bumps, but looks like from the pics that the black doesnt. The plain non-scarred mask would be the one to use. The scarred head has a different mask

sideshow has a black ninja up for preorder. comes with a regular head and a scarred head.

Yes, but both will probably have those bumps.

For example:

redninjaheads.jpg

Black is pretty much a recast of the red painted in black. The new alternate for the black ninja headsculpt will probably have those horns. I'm just guessing.

Back