Sideshow Screws Us Big Time with Samaratin 2 !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we could change the "got" to "want".:rotfl

got_wood01.gif

Hahaha! I got that shirt!! I hella <3 Shawn of the Dead!!

The bastards at my local old school theater have a SOTD Cricket Paddle (with blood on it too!) in the booth. I hella want to break into it one night and steal that thing!!

yeah they definitely exist. Theyre set to sizes of real guns that have runs of hundreds of thousands and cover the extreme high cost of the machinery,
Im giving you real world ordeals.

... but Im sure youre thinking SS is trying to screw you one way or another or whatever excuse you want to use.... :gun

Give me a break, no were did I say they were trying to screw me.

Like I said if that was the case you would of thought R&D would of said wait we have no machinery to do this!

Now if there had been an email that said hey, "the company that was or did do the wood grips did a shoddy job and can not guarantee their work. So wanting to protect our collectors and provide with the highest quality collectible we have chosen to go this route with it."

Now I'm giving you a real world ordeal.
I'm not calling SS the root of all evil trying to destroy life here on earth, but I'm not giving them a free pass for this, just give some curtsy to the people who did order it. Or maybe a what do you guys think (those that ordered it) do you want this kind or something that we can guarantee you.

I just would have liked a heads up. Wouldn't have been that hard, as they sent everyone that was on Flex-Pay an email about the shipping date being moved back and the last Flex-Payment being moved back to September. But I'm still getting it as it's an amazing piece!

Wow, when Cummins is pissed you KNOW that Sideshow has f'ed up! :google

No, I'm not pissed, but annoyed they didn't inform us. And I've never been afraid to let Sideshow know when I think they've done something wrong... just look back at any product thread where the edition size was changed AFTER being Sold Out...

I just would have liked a heads up. Wouldn't have been that hard, as they sent everyone that was on Flex-Pay an email about the shipping date being moved back and the last Flex-Payment being moved back to September. But I'm still getting it as it's an amazing piece!

Exactly... it wouldn't have been that hard to notify people, either through the newsletter or an email. I will be keeping mine too... as long as nothing else changes.

Last edited:
This is a pretty big letdown. I was really looking forward to a wood grip and now to change it this late is just disappointing. I'd at least like an explanation as to why they did it. It's the whole plastic Fett thing again.

I want a discount from sneaky Sideshow. Will an explanation change anything? The way they handled this? The plastic back to wood? I don't think so. I want this sucker for cheap now, or they can keep it.

Just speculating here, put perhaps they thought they could make it out of a wood/resin compound that could be molded and found that would have produced an inferior product, so went with polyurethane.

Did anyone save the original description? Did is say "wood" specifically?

Still a cooler product than the first one, because of the metal, the base and the bullets. Probably wouldn't have noticed the difference anyway.

No, I'm not pissed, but annoyed they didn't inform us. And I've never been afraid to let Sideshow know when I think they've done something wrong... just look back at any product thread where the edition size was changed AFTER being Sold Out...

Exactly... it wouldn't have been that hard to notify people, either through the newsletter or an email. I will be keeping mine too... as long as nothing else changes.

And for those wanting to know, you can cancel if you have it on FlexPay with no fee because of the change...

Let's also not forget the Grey Hulk vs. Spidey debacle.

Just speculating here, put perhaps they thought they could make it out of a wood/resin compound that could be molded and found that would have produced an inferior product, so went with polyurethane.

Did anyone save the original description? Did is say "wood" specifically?

Still a cooler product than the first one, because of the metal, the base and the bullets. Probably wouldn't have noticed the difference anyway.

It said:

"Each limited edition gun is hand crafted in dense metal with a real wooden grip and authentic leather braid."

close up picture of a polystone samaritan handle attached-

HB2 samaritan handle will still look like wood so whats the problem..:confused:

Last edited:
I don't think the problem is the material switch, just the lack of notification to buyers that it has changed.

Let's also not forget the Grey Hulk vs. Spidey debacle.

Refresh my memory... The bad paint job on Hulk's T?

No, not the paint job... it was put up for sale, without any notice in the newsletter (a special link on the regular exclusive page), but the real problem was that the newsletter had been coming at a random time on Fridays for a very long time, and the newsletter for the Grey Hulk VS Spidey was only the second week it had come on Thursday night, so people weren't expecting it or looking for it, so a lot of people missed out, and there had not been an "official" announcement that the newsletter had changed to Thursday nights.

While although for a good cause I'm sure the wooden grip version will be up for auction in the future.

Back