Sideshow Screws Us Big Time with Samaratin 2 !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if that's the case, it's no wonder. The Samaritan would look stoopid with bamboo handles. Bring the polyurethane home. :banana

If you don't like it cancel. If you ordered with rewards points, Sideshow should let you have those points back if you decide to cancel, since the product you preordered is different. Same if you flex paid it.

If you don't like it cancel. If you ordered with rewards points, Sideshow should let you have those points back if you decide to cancel, since the product you preordered is different. Same if you flex paid it.

If you don't like it email them, call them let them know that you don't like that it was changed.

There really should be some sort of protocol in place for situations like this. I can understand not having Rewards Points refunded in the event of a typical cancellation, but when the final product varies as drastically as this, they need to reconsider.

There would be controversy, I'm sure. Considering the wide variety of changes (some major, some not so much) made between prototype and production on just about all of the items Sideshow produces, it'd have to be handled on a case by case basis. But this seems like a pretty cut and dried case to me. I mean, we're not talkin' about a substandard tunic here, this is a major change from the proto...

I think the point is... How many people put in their orders based on the fact that it was metal and real wood? I believe more than you might think.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Fozzie1.jpg

Yeah, this change was mentioned last Thursday in the Samaritan thread. The funny thing is that if they had just made it a plastic handle to begin with, I doubt if it would have made much difference. People would have been really happy about a metal Samaritan. But now that it's being taken away (and through a sneaky web page update and not an announcement of any kind) we feel like we're being robbed. Not such a great move on Sideshow's part.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Maybe they couldn't find any wood in China. Anyone gonna use that excuse again? :lol
Comedy gold!

You guys are lucky. Those of us with the Aragorn PF on order just found out his elven cloak is now made of panda fur and his beard stubble is just sweet and sour sauce!

You guys are lucky. Those of us with the Aragorn PF on order just found out his elven cloak is now made of panda fur and his beard stubble is just sweet and sour sauce!

I also heard that SS is no longer using styrofoam for their packaging, but something just as useful, stale fortune cookies.

Most likely they'll send an email to those who have pre-ordered before they charge as they have done with other items that have changed substantially from the solicitation.

At least my new Samaritan won't be susceptible to termites now. :wacky

Yeah this does suck, I wait listed one, but a change like this is pretty big. People should email them, you never know it might go back to wood.

I am bummed by the news--I liked the idea of a wooden handle. But it's how it looks that matters. I guess we will get a chance to see it in person pretty soon. (Assuming that the wood handled prototype isn't the one on display at SDCC.)

looks just like the first one!:monkey5

and its becoming more like the original all the time!:D

Personally I don't care. I saw what the Samaritan looked like and having missed out on the first I got on the WL for this Exc and it converted :bunnydanc
I'm impressed with the overall piece, the fact that its metal and the impressive base rather than what the handle is like.Its so big so its not like I'm gonna be picking it up all the time anyway to notice the handle is plastic, it will sit neatly on the base.

Have they changed any of the Gallery pics? anyone noticed any difference?.
If the pics change dramatically or they change it from metal to poly like the first one then I will re-think things.
Even then I would still probably get though because I missed the first and this one imo looks much better anyway.
x :D

Last edited:
Back