Sideshow Screws Us Big Time with Samaratin 2 !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And looking at that gun in the picture, it sure doesn't look metal to me.......

Thats because its someones V1, which is Polystone. It think they were using it as an example of how even though its not made of wood it shouldn't make a noticeable difference.

Thats because its someones V1, which is Polystone. It think they were using it as an example of how even though its not made of wood it shouldn't make a noticeable difference.

you are correct!..i took a picture of my polstone v1 to show i can indeed look very wood like!:D

man i just found this thread. this sucks really bad for the fans that really wanted this. i'm not a huge hellboy fan so i couldn't buy this even though it looks freaking awesome...and the fact that it was real wood and metal added to the awesomeness, but now it seems like SS was like "F this, we're not gonna make any money so let's just take the cheap way out, and we'll also try to sneak one by them."
for the people that had this on order and Flexpay that plan to cancel because of the change...you need to press the issue that you will get your payments back and that your reward points will not be forfeited due to cancellation. don't ask for this....demand this.

I don't think the problem is the material switch, just the lack of notification to buyers that it has changed.
Exactly. If I didn't happen to stumble on this thread, I would feel f'd when the Samaritan arrived and I was like 'no wood'!?
They say you can return the items if you don't like them, but you'll still loose the shipping costs. They could at least have made an announcement or notification at their site about this change.

Exactly. If I didn't happen to stumble on this thread, I would feel f'd when the Samaritan arrived and I was like 'no wood'!?
They say you can return the items if you don't like them, but you'll still loose the shipping costs. They could at least have made an announcement or notification at their site about this change.

Yup, get charged x2. I wonder how many will cancel this now?

polyurethane or wood grip, makes no difference to me. as long as it still flips. :lol

...for the people that had this on order and Flexpay that plan to cancel because of the change...you need to press the issue that you will get your payments back and that your reward points will not be forfeited due to cancellation. don't ask for this....demand this.

No cancellation fee...

Last edited:
It just has to be a more cost effective way to manufacture this item, and while I am positive that Sideshow did NOT set out to "screw" their customer base; they do need to learn to inform them more effectively.

:sick

It just has to be a more cost effective way to manufacture this item, and while I am positive that Sideshow did NOT set out to "screw" their customer base; they do need to learn to inform them more effectively.

:sick

Maybe they figured, why bother. They knew someone would get wind of it and even if they had announced it, they knew we would ^^^^^. Saved themselves some time.:lol:lol:lol

I think this is a first for me. I was the first one to post a bit of info that folks were unaware of.

I was just reading the sideshow page last week and saw that. I re-read it a couple time to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

As folks have previously stated, this sux. It's not going to effect my purchase, but I feel we do deserve an explanation as to the material switch. It's not unreasonable to expect Sideshow to have all the manufacturing details of a product nailed down before they put it up for sale.

If they need to change something because of some unforeseen problem, the customers who have pre-ordered in good faith should be notified.

I think I can pretty much guarantee that this will be the last time I ever post something before anyone else.

didn't the same thing happen with boba fett pf? someone actually had to ask sideshow before they addressed the issue that the armor would not attach with mixed media, so they had to make it out of pvc. then there was a big thing about not being worth $325 cause it was basically an action figure, only bigger with no articulation. i still see them for less than retail and not selling.

I think a lot depends on whether it will be made of polystone or metal. A wood grip sure as hell won't make it or break it for me. A polystone frame is a deal breaker though.

Back