SideShow Ringwraiths on Steed EXCLUSIVE RARE Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lotrcollector

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello Forum

My freind has a ringwraith on steed which is different to the normal ringwraith on steed, its made ​​of high-quality Polaroid stone and the surface plating is brass craft, , he told me that this version of the statue was presented by SIDESHOW company only to its directors, actors, and some senior clients.

Took a picture of it so you guys can see :yess:

Can any of you experts say how many of this exclusive edition was made and how much its worth.

thx:nana:

The size and weight of it is:

Size: 15 "high (381mm) x 16 " W (406.4mm) x 9 "deep (228.6mm) *
Weight: 20.00 lbs (9.07 kg) *

i''ve never herd of a special edition WROS.

i reckon your friend is pulling your leg!:slap

Fake Recast? Made in china?

Not everything you haven't seen before is a fake from China.

Something like this rings a bell, but it's been too many years now.
You might want to try Weta's own message board at WetaCollectors.com. They have actual Weta staff posting there, you could ask them directly.

wasn't andy serkis presented one in the extras stuff in the extended editions?

obviously the dude spelt something wrong in polaroid :lol

That is absolutely a recast. Avoid it like the plague. Looks like something OGRM.net has produced. Funny you should show up with that photo, considering nothing like it has been 'discovered' in the last decade since the piece was originally produced, and here you are, a brand new member with something unique. Maybe advertisement?

Also avoid all items by this ebay seller "dmkworkshop". He is one of the biggest counterfeit sellers out there.

The 'Artist Proof' Balrogs he sells are recasts, as well as the Ringwraith on Steed. I truly feel sorry for the person that wins the Balrog he has on auction now. I have one of his 'Artist Proofs' in-hand that another member sent to me to verify, so I can tell you first hand, it is a counterfeit.

Also avoid ebay seller "gigaproshop" who also sells counterfeit pieces. Probably the same person as dmkworkshop ... shop - shop...

Edit: There is one more recast seller I'd like to mention, and that is "urgifts". This is actual OGRM.net. They are currently producing the recast Morgul Lord LSB, Tychus Findlay Starcraft 2 statue, T-600 endoskull, as well as the Ringwraith on Steed. What's interesting is, the seller uses the same terminology that our OP used.. special rare

Last edited:
That is absolutely a recast. Avoid it like the plague. Looks like something OGRM.net has produced. Funny you should show up with that photo, considering nothing like it has been 'discovered' in the last decade since the piece was originally produced, and here you are, a brand new member with something unique. Maybe advertisement?

Also avoid all items by this ebay seller "dmkworkshop". He is one of the biggest counterfeit sellers out there.

The 'Artist Proof' Balrogs he sells are recasts, as well as the Ringwraith on Steed. I truly feel sorry for the person that wins the Balrog he has on auction now. I have one of his 'Artist Proofs' in-hand that another member sent to me to verify, so I can tell you first hand, it is a counterfeit.

Also avoid ebay seller "gigaproshop" who also sells counterfeit pieces. Probably the same person as dmkworkshop ... shop - shop...

That sound you hear is the sound of someone's plans for an early retirement being shattered...

That is absolutely a recast. Avoid it like the plague. Looks like something OGRM.net has produced. Funny you should show up with that photo, considering nothing like it has been 'discovered' in the last decade since the piece was originally produced, and here you are, a brand new member with something unique. Maybe advertisement?]/U]

Yeah, funny isn't it? This guy just happens to show up here right around the time the recast RWOS statues start shipping from China with a pro-style photo he took of his "friend's" statue. A staue no one's ever heard of, and one which apparently he or his "friend," know nothing about other than the fact it wasn't made in China. A very odd statement since we all know that every one of our LOTR collectibles [real or fake] is produced in China.

I have passed onto SS the username and info provided by our newest forum member. Hopefully, he is not involved in this nonsense though I suspect we will find out soon enough. :lecture

guys im from the uk... and made a genuine question, i dont know why some of you getting too horney and blaming me for selling counterfiets, i just wanted to check if we dident get scammed by the recast scumbags , looks like we have a counterfit not real. thx

guys im from the uk... and made a genuine question, i dont know why some of you getting too horney and blaming me for selling counterfiets, i just wanted to check if we dident get scammed by the recast scumbags , looks like we have a counterfit not real. thx

"We"....I thought it was your "friends"? :confused: Sorry, but you provide a photo of a statue none of us have ever seen before, and one you seemingly know nothing about and you wonder why we're suspicious? Seems to me the quickest way to avoid suspicion would have been for you to provide the details as to how this statue happened to find it's way into your "friends" possession, but to date you have provided nothing of the sort.

And are you aware Hong Kong is no longer a UK colony? :monkey3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back