Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The face sculpt and paint are exceptional.

DSCN1630_zpse496dc25.jpg
[/IMG]

Honestly I've seen the pics of the "cracks" and for a lot of them I think it's just 'human error' not the lightness of the sculpt.
Someone used a scalpel or somesuch to give all those textures and grooves and probably had a few that were deeper.

lol, ya they were individually sculpted...

(omg)

not liking the response on the cracks, though it would be an easy fix i doubt $20 is going to cover it. Now in my case the huge on the head seam needs to be addressed or I'm just gonna have to smash him i guess....:lecture

So I replied back to the e-mail telling them that I had 2 small paint chips in each hand and this is the e-mail I get. I really wanted to keep this statue but with the 2 cracks and paints chips I'm gonna return it.

Thank you for your email. Per my previous correspondence, please know these issues you are reporting would be present on any replacement we could provide you. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know how you would wish to proceed with either the previously offered credit or return options.

So I replied back to the e-mail telling them that I had 2 small paint chips in each hand and this is the e-mail I get. I really wanted to keep this statue but with the 2 cracks and paints chips I'm gonna return it.

Thank you for your email. Per my previous correspondence, please know these issues you are reporting would be present on any replacement we could provide you. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know how you would wish to proceed with either the previously offered credit or return options.

I'd e-mail them back stating these aren't how other people's ones are so it's not the same on every one.

i got a Bacara figure with a defect and they said refund or keep it and i persisted and got replacement, wotrh one more shot.

The face sculpt and paint are exceptional.

DSCN1630_zpse496dc25.jpg
[/IMG]

The entire sculpt is amazing. The muscles, the vascularity and the rhino hide and pose are great. The statue isn't completly hollow either. The heads are full cast and some parts on Rhino are as well such as his hands.

Even some of the oldies were not full cast. Thor PF for example is surprisingly light. His base is definitely hollow. Still an amazing statue.

Pretty sure Babydoll is solid. I imagine it's only the big statues which end up hollow

At 7lbs I highly doubt she is. You just don't get as much of an impression of it when they are smaller. There is less void mass in a tighter statue.

Most SSC statues are not full cast. Get a custom that is full cast and you will immediately know the difference.

that's why I get upset about these pieces and "troll" while I speak my mind, I was around for yesteryear so I can see the blatant difference..

Bodie, what can I say man. You were the one that sniffed out the stench of change, regarding SS quality & policy, a long time ago. And those of us who knew Sideshow way back, chose to either ignore or justify their recent business practices (myself included), as growing pains, realignment, whatever. But this recent stance by SS regarding Rhino are truly dirty, & simply can't be ignored or justified. They always have ample time to test new production methods way before release. So really no excuse. And to expect a collector to swallow it whole is just unbelievable,

So kudos to you Bodie, for having the guts to see things as they really are, & voicing those insights. To bad that most ignored or justified those warnings. Now, we are all cursed.

maybe if everyone here with issues asked for refund and made the painful choice of passing on an excellent sculpt, the greedy folks at sideshow would open their eyes and years. sadly everyone complains and then keeps the statue. so if i was sideshow, id have ZERO incentive to change a damn thing.

Last edited:
maybe if everyone here with issues asked for refund and made the painful choice of passing on an excellent sculpt, the greedy folks at sideshow would open their eyes and years. sadly everyone complains and then keeps the statue. so if i was sideshow, id have ZERO icentive to change a damn thing.

:exactly: That is what I did, it wasn't an easy decision to send him back but NOTHING will change if we don't make it change people :lecture
WE MUST BE STRONG!

maybe if everyone here with issues asked for refund and made the painful choice of passing on an excellent sculpt, the greedy folks at sideshow would open their eyes and years. sadly everyone complains and then keeps the statue. so if i was sideshow, id have ZERO icentive to change a damn thing.

I've done that before, and if my replacement on Rhino has any flaws I will be doing it again.

If they even give you a replacement... seems like their stance is all of the replacements have this issue so we are not going to waste money shipping you one to even try and risk asking for a return after you decide it is still unacceptably cracked..

A buddy of mine got his in this morning and he said his had two huge cracks in the back and the seamline was way off on the head. He sent a couple of pics to SS and they told him this was normal. REALLY? WTF SS? Normal is getting a quality sculpt for the hard working money we spend on it! I called my friend who works there, and apparently they are getting flooded with calls on Rhino. They have NO replacements to offer, so thats why they're offering refunds. My suggestion is to just send it back if you have issues. You're not gonna get anywhere with SS on this.

The 2 heads combined weigh as much as the whole body. My Abomb and Hulk PF's laugh at this eggshell.

It's funny that people keep bringing up ABomb, Hulk or Doom, since they are very very old statues.

Things change, for the better or fot the worse they change. Compare to other modern pieces for more a view if this is as different or not.

Would this be on par with Spider Woman in terms with QC problems?

Nope, this just has cracks or rare chips, there's no paint issues.

what I don't get is why they can get replacements for pieces like spiderwoman or secura (with you waiting a few months for them to be produced) but not for this?

Has anyone compared this with the SS/Weta Cavetroll? It's about the same size and from what I recall it was also hollow cast. Might be an interesting comparison.

Back