Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent an email back saying this is first time SSC has failed to impress me

I forgot about the sucky Spooktacular 2012

PICTURES please,let us know how thin it is.:yess:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl wow! The best idea of this year!! Do it please!!!!

wheres-the-beef.jpg

:rotfl funny 80s thing here! SS finally emailed me back on the head replacement. They said they can offer me one if I agree to take the 20.00. I like this sculpt so I might have to suck it up. I guess I will just spend 50.00 to get supplies to try to fix this up :(

Sent an email back saying this is first time SSC has failed to impress me

I'm very sorry to hear this Avfin. Are you still keeping Rhino? I feel especially bad because our trade was involved with this piece. Man, it's ****ty what they are doing to you and so many others who ordered this piece.

Last edited:

:rotfl funny 80s thing here! SS finally emailed me back on the head replacement. They said they can offer me one if I agree to take the 20.00. I like this sculpt so I might have to suck it up. I guess I will just spend 50.00 to get supplies to try to fix this up :(

The cracks would be easy to fill up with some putty but getting the touch up paint right would be tough...

This is the e-mail I got for my cracks!

Thank you for your email regarding the Rhino Comiquette. We are sorry to see the issue you are having with the piece. Please know, we have examined your pictures and compared them to some of our inventory pieces. Unfortunately, we found that these cracks are consistent with this statue. Because of these, we do not believe we will be able to provide you a replacement statue that would be any improvement. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Please know, we have found that the small cracks you are reporting are limited to certain cervices of the exterior skin and are not expected to expand. Additionally, these cracks do not extend into the interior polystone of the statue, and do not threaten the structural integrity of the statue.

If you decide that you would like to keep your Rhino Statue as is, we can offer you a $20.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

We want you to be satisfied with the figures that you purchase from us and we do not want you to feel stuck with something that you are unhappy with. If you are not satisfied with your Rhino, and do not wish to accept the above credit, we will be happy to offer you a full refund for this statue. If this is how you would like to proceed, I will provide you a pre-paid label to return the item at no cost to yourself.

Please let us know how you would wish to proceed with this inquiry. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Well that's a shame because this piece is just amazing. I'm very disappointed with how this is being handled. I really want to keep this one too but I'm leaning on sending it back or maybe trying to flip it to put towards an older piece I been hunting for. I will have to ponder on this decision. :monkey4

If you get some J-B Weld SteelStik Epoxy putty it matches perfectly as the cracks are in a groove, and it cures Dark Gray in color. Home Depot carries it in the paint section @ $5.98. You have to work quickly, mix small amounts and do one crack at a time as it sets up in 5 minutes and cures in an hour. I just kneaded the 2 parts together, rolled it to a size that will fit in the groove, pushed it into the cracks in the grooves with my fingers and a toothpick, then scraped the excess off with the toothpick. You can't even tell where the repairs were made. No painting needed.

As far as the weak magnetics in the head, I just used two 1/2" x 1/32" Neodymium disc rare earth magnets to really strengthen the magnetic bond. I bought mine off of Ebay as I could not find them locally. I figured out the gap between the head and body magnets by cutting up one of those refrigerator magnets and placing pieces between the two magnets to make sure they would not create a gap in the neck area. All this was under 10 bucks. Hope this helps guys

Here are pictures, before and after......

BEFORE

rhino1.JPG

rhino2.JPG

AFTER

rhino repair.JPG

True is there any putty we can use that we don't need to paint? I have a 20.00 budget for art supplies. :rotfl........ :(

Last edited:

Man, it just keeps getting worse.:slap Their response is an admission of guilt, so they handle it by offering a replacement for a defective piece, BUT first pressuring the client to not ask for a future full refund by forcing them to accept a lousy $20.00 credit???!!!:cuckoo: If not, then what? They refuse to replace the damaged part???!!!:cuckoo: Sideshow reverting to blackmail & pressure tactics? Surely a new low, & possibly illegal. WOW!

And the worst for me is I have yet to receive mine. But even if I luck out and get "good" one, this mess has left a very bitter taste.

Mine is flawless, and grateful for that. This is the piece that I want in my collection, the sculpt is amazing. Sorry for everyone who can't get a replacement :(

Mine is flawless, and grateful for that. This is the piece that I want in my collection, the sculpt is amazing. Sorry for everyone who can't get a replacement :(

Yeah Mamba, we all did. And what is really frustrating is that Sideshow had to know, way in advance, on how popular this piece was, just by how fast it was selling. And their strategy was to water down production quality?:cuckoo::slap And after knowingly cutting corners, they don't even prepare for possible (inevitable) problems for replacements, once shipped? Whoever is making these decisions at Sideshow has totally lost touch with their initial mission statements.

If you get some J-B Weld SteelStik Epoxy putty it matches perfectly as the cracks are in a groove, and it cures Dark Gray in color. Home Depot carries it in the paint section @ $5.98. You have to work quickly, mix small amounts and do one crack at a time as it sets up in 5 minutes and cures in an hour. I just kneaded the 2 parts together, rolled it to a size that will fit in the groove, pushed it into the cracks in the grooves with my fingers and a toothpick, then scraped the excess off with the toothpick. You can't even tell where the repairs were made. No painting needed.

As far as the weak magnetics in the head, I just used two 1/2" x 1/32" Neodymium disc rare earth magnets to really strengthen the magnetic bond. I bought mine off of Ebay as I could not find them locally. I figured out the gap between the head and body magnets by cutting up one of those refrigerator magnets and placing pieces between the two magnets to make sure they would not create a gap in the neck area. All this was under 10 bucks. Hope this helps guys

This is a great post. Good to know there are options if mine is damaged.

Those that are accepting the $20 credit should really do your part and write them a scathing email to let them know how you feel. I just did my part.

Hi Daniel,

Alright I'll take the $20 credit and the base but know that I'm still not satisfied that this is the stance that Sideshow is taking. A $20 refund doesn't even cover the amount of tax that I paid on this statue to accept what I and many other people find a defective statue, it should be at lease a $50 refund for something that costs over $400 as I have recieved better compensation for lesser valued statues before from you in the past. I know you're just doing your job and it probably sucks to hear it from customers like me, but I hope Sideshow Collectibles puts more resources into quality control as well to prevent more customer dissatisfaction or end up losing long time customers who've invested significant amount of capital in your company permanently.

This is a great post. Good to know there are options if mine is damaged.

Thanks. One more tip roll the putty in between 2 pieced of waxed paper to get one long piece the size of Angel hair pasta. Cut that the length of the crack to make clean up easier.

Those that are accepting the $20 credit should really do your part and write them a scathing email to let them know how you feel. I just did my part.

Hi Daniel,

Alright I'll take the $20 credit and the base but know that I'm still not satisfied that this is the stance that Sideshow is taking. A $20 refund doesn't even cover the amount of tax that I paid on this statue to accept what I and many other people find a defective statue, it should be at lease a $50 refund for something that costs over $400 as I have recieved better compensation for lesser valued statues before from you in the past. I know you're just doing your job and it probably sucks to hear it from customers like me, but I hope Sideshow Collectibles puts more resources into quality control as well to prevent more customer dissatisfaction or end up losing long time customers who've invested significant amount of capital in your company permanently.

Thanks I will do the same today. Great idea.

Man, it just keeps getting worse.:slap Their response is an admission of guilt, so they handle it by offering a replacement for a defective piece, BUT first pressuring the client to not ask for a future full refund by forcing them to accept a lousy $20.00 credit???!!!:cuckoo: If not, then what? They refuse to replace the damaged part???!!!:cuckoo: Sideshow reverting to blackmail & pressure tactics? Surely a new low, & possibly illegal. WOW!

And the worst for me is I have yet to receive mine. But even if I luck out and get "good" one, this mess has left a very bitter taste.

Here's the official email: ( I need the head but in order to get my replacement head I must accept the imperfections on the body and base. :monkey2 .......... Email from SS below;

Thank you for your email.* If you decide to keep your Rhino comiquette as is, we will also be able to provide you a replacement for the non-exclusive head.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA* 91320*

(805) 214-2139 Office ** (805) 214-2190 Fax

In the U.S.: 1-(855)-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: 1-(805)-214-2100 x2

Back