Sideshow Rhino Comiquette - Link to Regular in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^
really big

:monkey3

Should have this tomorrow. Cannot wait to see it in person.

You're gonna love it

:exactly:... I briefly inspected it when it arrived and it was perfect. I didn't go the csi route and break out the flashlight/magnifying glass so there could be tiny imperfections I missed. But displayed in a besta from viewing distance its a fantastic piece

:goodpost:

I looked over mine with a fine toothed comb and had no issues, cracks, or etc. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The crack issue is probably caused from pressure casting hollow polystone. This can happen when you have a weak point. I htink I know where everyones talking about, but again...I got lucky. The piece is fine, but I agree.....it should've been solid and not hollow. But get used to it....future pieces are gonna be the same way. My fear is that pieces that everyones been drooling over like Batman, Deadpool, Superman, etc are gonna be hollow too. Guess time will tell.

I looked over mine with a fine toothed comb and had no issues, cracks, or etc. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. The crack issue is probably caused from pressure casting hollow polystone. This can happen when you have a weak point. I htink I know where everyones talking about, but again...I got lucky. The piece is fine, but I agree.....it should've been solid and not hollow. But get used to it....future pieces are gonna be the same way. My fear is that pieces that everyones been drooling over like Batman, Deadpool, Superman, etc are gonna be hollow too. Guess time will tell.

Did you ask anyone at your secret squirrel SS meeting if this would be the norm?

As a matter of fact...yes. One of the main reasons given was the increase in international shipping costs. This thing would've cost even more if it were solid, plus would've had possible issues with customs. To hear SS tell it, it had nothing to do with saving on costs though. right!
Did you ask anyone at your secret squirrel SS meeting if this would be the norm?

Just received my regular edition 14/1000
Great sculpt!
attachment.php

Pretty sure Babydoll is solid. I imagine it's only the big statues which end up hollow

It has been awhile so I unboxed my Colossus PF to see how heavy he was. He is a massive statue and priced the same as Rhino. He is very heavy....Really no excuse you had to make Rhino so hollow and light Sideshow :(

I had the Black Panther PF and found out that it was also hollow, so this is not really all that new I guess. Rhinos girth makes it way more pronounced. Hopefully future big statues will have thicker walls.

Well, if their specs on the SSC website are correct for Batman, he will clock in at 30 lbs. That's damn respectable considering Rhino touches 20 lbs. I just think it's the larger characters ( Galactus, Rhino, Hulk, Juggernaut, etc..) that we have to worry about. Those pieces simply CAN NOT be solid. They would weigh too damn much. We would be looking at statues that would be pushing over 70 lbs for characters like Galactus.

There has to be a compromise with weight and materials. I understand that. However, the Hulk Maq and Rhino Com clearly skimped on materials and/or quality. As I've said before, I think the Hulk Com is a perfect balance of weight and quality. I would throw the Skaar PF into the mix as well. That actually is NOT a solid piece even though many peeps think it is because it feels so solid.

You are right. Time will tell. It seems that there is no rhyme or reason as to what will be hollow or more solid. We know that massive characters will not be solid. We can even understand why. However, can anyone at SSC explain why Joker and Ivy are hollow as well. It's not like they are beasts that would kill us on shipping costs. Joker weighs 10 lbs, Poison Ivy weighs 8 lbs, and Deadpool weighs 10 lbs. There is no excuse for making those statues hollow except to cut costs. I can't see anyone being OK with paying $400 plus for that kind of quality.

Me too I looked that thing over more than 5 times with LED flash light,black light and a loupe glasses and nothing...:hi5:

SideShow must hate this forums LOL...:lol

If it's a cost cutting issue, then a lot of people are gonna defect from them...including this guy here. I think of these pieces as art, mainly for the looks and sculpting of it, and I enjoy them in that sense. However, I don't wanna fork out money for a 16oz T bone and get bologna instead. So I dont know if this is a direct issue in China or if some exec at SS is pulling the strings and telling them to cheap out on the materials. Whatever the case is, it would be wise for someone at SS to read these forums and see that their customers are getting pissed because of it.

If it's a cost cutting issue, then a lot of people are gonna defect from them...including this guy here. I think of these pieces as art, mainly for the looks and sculpting of it, and I enjoy them in that sense. However, I don't wanna fork out money for a 16oz T bone and get bologna instead. So I dont know if this is a direct issue in China or if some exec at SS is pulling the strings and telling them to cheap out on the materials. Whatever the case is, it would be wise for someone at SS to read these forums and see that their customers are getting pissed because of it.

Appreciate all the info Punishment. Nice to have an insider.

I've cut way back on my purchases of SS product due to their neverending problems with QC. Looks like I need to cut back to just taking the risk on my core 4 Marvel characters if they make something I like and skip everything else.

I've cut way back on my purchases of SS product due to their neverending problems with QC. Looks like I need to cut back to just taking the risk on my core 4 Marvel characters if they make something I like and skip everything else.

Dude, this site has made me realize one thing. Get in.... and get out, fast.

Bingo Bango. This exactly.

I dont think people care whether or not the statue is hollow or solid, but HOW hollow it is. We all saw the picture of the Hulk Maquette with the hole and saw how thin the cast was and thats completely unacceptable. I mean, think about it...a 1/5 Arthas weighs more than a 1/4 HULK (thats double the price as well). I dont know what happened between when it was announced and now but something got messed up because even SS thought the statue was going to weight 40lbs which was listed on their site and it ended up weighing less than half of that. NO thank you SS.

Dude, this site has made me realize one thing. Get in.... and get out, fast.

What bothers me most is how awesome the older statues were, up until the Thanos dio I had no problems with any of them. (1/6 always had problems so I dumped them)

:goodpost:

Exactly!...if they are making it lighter to save us on shipping, the cost per statue should come down as well. Hulk PF was less money to begin with yet weighs almost 3 times as much! Why are we paying more money for less statue?

Exactly it's not fair. :mad:

Honestly I've seen the pics of the "cracks" and for a lot of them I think it's just 'human error' not the lightness of the sculpt.
Someone used a scalpel or somesuch to give all those textures and grooves and probably had a few that were deeper.

Back