Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2cb1e2ccc405fb5f06b8f2e608e3f175.jpg

...since Jabba plus throne is 44cm

Should be able to make great use of the new HT gritted teeth Hamill sculpt and the old Sideshow bone accessory that came with the original Jedi Luke figure. Both are perfect for this statue.

It looks way off. Misses lots of details. The position is to upright, not crouched enough. The whole mouth area is to narrow, tongue is to small. Hands are too small, fingers wrong... You can see that it the template is a 3D cgi model.... and and and.... Don't know what Sideshow is thinking with this one. Don't either understand why you all like it so much. Yes its big but thats about it.... Seems that nowadys the companies can serve you anything and you all bite....

PS: This is how the Rancor looks (if you acutally mind...):
Rancor.jpg

It looks way off. Misses lots of details. The position is to upright, not crouched enough. The whole mouth area is to narrow, tongue is to small. Hands are too small, fingers wrong... You can see that it the template is a 3D cgi model.... and and and.... Don't know what Sideshow is thinking with this one. Don't either understand why you all like it so much. Yes its big but thats about it.... Seems that nowadys the companies can serve you anything and you all bite....

View attachment 471275

It definitely is an idealized version... the Dewback and the Tauntaun were too and I love those. But I do see why it would be a dealbreaker for someone more interested in accuracy

It definitely is an idealized version... the Dewback and the Tauntaun were too and I love those. But I do see why it would be a dealbreaker for someone more interested in accuracy

Totally agreed!
The Dewback and Tauntaun were 1:6 accessoiry pieces and needed to be idealized to get it look right as a whole. This one is a single piece (and about Studio Scale too) so i would have expected much more accuracy.

Totally agreed!
The Dewback and Tauntaun were 1:6 accessoiry pieces and needed to be idealized to get it look right as a whole. This one is a single piece (and about Studio Scale too) so i would have expected much more accuracy.

True... the more I look at it the more I see the inaccuracies [emoji848]

View attachment 471275

You are clearly not wrong, but I can't buy what you have posted in that picture. While not totally accurate, I believe this will be the best representation of the Rancor offered in my lifetime.

I think if I get a rancor it'll be the one from gentle giant.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

so this looks about 90-95% to scale with 1/6 if most materials are right according to books and other listed materials, the rancors stand at about 14ft tall, although he looks to be so much larger when envisioning him in our minds eye, but once you look at photos of luke in his hand it seems right, Hamill being under 6 ft, the Rancor looks to stand about 14-15ft tall, so at 29.5" at 1/6th seems correct, but at $1,300 its tough but a must-have if it looks as good as Jabba and its not years away just 6 months out give or take

so this looks about 90-95% to scale with 1/6 if most materials are right according to books and other listed materials, the rancors stand at about 14ft tall, although he looks to be so much larger when envisioning him in our minds eye, but once you look at photos of luke in his hand it seems right, Hamill being under 6 ft, the Rancor looks to stand about 14-15ft tall, so at 29.5" at 1/6th seems correct, but at $1,300 its tough but a must-have if it looks as good as Jabba and its not years away just 6 months out give or take

Wookiepedia has the Rancor at 16.5 feet and you also need to retract the base. I think it?s still big enough to show with 1/6 though - it?s more like 80-85% to scale.

Damn, even though I don't know where I would display it, I'm still going back and forth on this. I'll see how my Christmas bonus is and decide then. Kind of sucks that you can only do 7 flex payments.

Damn, even though I don't know where I would display it, I'm still going back and forth on this. I'll see how my Christmas bonus is and decide then. Kind of sucks that you can only do 7 flex payments.

I'm literally thinking the same thing.

I have my bonus coming in but where the hell do I put it?

I wonder what the edition size will be? I kind of want to hold off ordering so I can continue accumulating reward points and then drop everything on this.

Wookiepedia has the Rancor at 16.5 feet and you also need to retract the base. I think it?s still big enough to show with 1/6 though - it?s more like 80-85% to scale.

appreciate the update i wasnt sure i was finding mixed info, so i also didn't take into consideration the base, for some reason I kept think the height just according to the rancor, but at 80-85% i think it will still display nicely, although jabba looks fantastic like the taun taun, this in 5 years will be the new dewback, all that didnt buy do to price or the fact that it's just a hard piece to display even if you have the funds, i feel collectors will be seeking these out once their gone

Back