Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the type of character Sideshow often does really well. I hope we get more info soon.
Not sure if this is the best comparison, but I think they dropped the ball with Doomsday. When the reviews demonstrated that it was flexible, I completely checked out of that piece.

I made this comparison. If the human on each photo is the same the rancor will be almost exactly 90cm tall since Jabba and throne is app 44cm. Meaning, if this is correct, that the rancor is true 1/6 scale.
15f2484162c493cde1b4b905acb0d777.jpg

My $2k estimate was way off then. Jeesh, this would necessitate I build a special shelf to house the Rancor at the bottom and Jabba at the top. Awesome!

I have Jabba & throne on top of two Detolfs. Do we think this Rancor would fit IN a Detolf? Minus some shelves, of course.

I have Jabba & throne on top of two Detolfs. Do we think this Rancor would fit IN a Detolf? Minus some shelves, of course.

No chance, far too wide and too deep as well. If it is indeed the size being estimated.

Could probably put Jabba on top of an IKEA Stuva and put the Rancor inside that.

Really cool but I’ll have to pass. I‘d love a Jabba’s palace setup but the prices for Jabba and now this are too rich for my blood. Plus I just don’t really have the space for such large pieces.

The detail and paint of the proto looks pretty terrific and the price reflects this. I hope the production version holds up.

I'm sure many will be disappointed that it isn't 1/6 scale. But I'm not sure that was ever realistic. I had planned on possibly picking up a couple other statues next year, but I think I'll go for this instead.

The detail and paint of the proto looks pretty terrific and the price reflects this. I hope the production version holds up.

I'm sure many will be disappointed that it isn't 1/6 scale. But I'm not sure that was ever realistic. I had planned on possibly picking up a couple other statues next year, but I think I'll go for this instead.

I think the math works out to be 1/6 scale. The Rancor is supposed to be 16 feet (192 inches) and that divided by 6 is 32 inches and he is a bit slumped over. Poor posture from years of captivity and no vegetables.

I think the math works out to be 1/6 scale. The Rancor is supposed to be 16 feet (192 inches) and that divided by 6 is 32 inches and he is a bit slumped over. Poor posture from years of captivity and no vegetables.

Better yet in that case. I haven't done any real research on the subject. And yes, there is certainly a bit of wiggle room based on posture. I have been fascinated by this beast ever since seeing ROTJ as a kid so I'm pretty excited this thing is being offered. I'm already considering trying make an arched doorway with drop down spiked door to go behind the statue. I think space might kill that idea though.

Better yet in that case. I haven't done any real research on the subject. And yes, there is certainly a bit of wiggle room based on posture. I have been fascinated by this beast ever since seeing ROTJ as a kid so I'm pretty excited this thing is being offered. I'm already considering trying make an arched doorway with drop down spiked door to go behind the statue. I think space might kill that idea though.

That would be amazing and I know what you mean. As a kid I saw ROTJ before I saw the other movies so it had a huge impact on me too.

This does look awesome, hopefully Sideshow can get this right.
I am still very interested in what Regal Robot will be offering with their rancor. I beleive it will be based on the puppet used.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Waiting for the production piece before I consider an order. Do you guys remember the cracking issues that the fiberglass Rhino had?

Back