Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, you just burned my hopes there buddy. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
I don't know how to fix these things either so hopefully my one is a good one.

Don't worry, if yours is still good by now. Maybe you did get a good one. I heard of a few who still has good ones. Very rare but they exist. Good luck bro!

About a year exact. It was perfect I made sure when I got it. I would have return it if I had issues. But yeah she was perfect until now. :( maybe I need to learn how to fix these things. Is there somewhere good to show us how to repair and paint these things? I have no idea and what materials do we use?

Send it off to a pro

ok..do it yourself and jack it up more :lol

I have no idea where to start? Any good place to find out or learn about what materials to use? Knowing myself I might buy kids acrylic paints and it will flake in a few days. :gah: I have no skills at all :(

Just checked mine again today, and DAMN! Cracks on both thighs now!
Its getting worse as time goes on, even though its been barely handled for a year (just for cleaning)..

img0251bc.jpg

I don't know much about the materials. So what will this PF be like a decade from now? Will there be a point where the cracks coat the whole body or grow deeper or something?

I don't know much about the materials. So what will this PF be like a decade from now? Will there be a point where the cracks coat the whole body or grow deeper or something?

Well more than likely it's an acrylic based paint. If acrylics don't set properly, which could be because the surface they were applied to was dusty/dirty/unprimed hell there's a ton of reason it wouldn't, then it will lift off the surface depending upon the reason sometimes fast, sometimes slow and it will get worse. However, the great things about acrylics is if the surface is properly primed and is clean they tend nearly bond to that surface and last much longer than other types of paints and they also don't dull like other paints because it's plastic based.

Actually had it happen to a painting I was working two months ago because of a new fixative I used over the pencils. I painted the background and set it aside to let it dry when I came back to it in the morning the paint looked like an old wall in an abandoned house.

needless to say I tossed that fixative out.

Is anyone's psylocke starting to lean more? I wonder the more I look at mine. She seems to be tilting more and more.

Is anyone's psylocke starting to lean more? I wonder the more I look at mine. She seems to be tilting more and more.

Oh how I hate the lean. I've thought mine has been getting worse too. Every time I look at the statue I can't help but straighten her up and look to see if the leg paint is chipping at the stress point. It's not often I can simply admire the art of it.

Back