Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super upset with ss right now. I decided to sell a few items to make space and decided to let her go. Upon closer inspection she is now cracking around her thighs. This is a replacement one too!

I was trying to sell some duplicate characters and now I'm cornered with trying to decide if I should sell the damaged pf or sell the comq that I love. What do I do? I have a big collection of pfs and 1/5 so scale isn't an issue.

do you have to ask? sell the messed-up PF. the face sculpt was terrible anyway. ugh. Cipriano facial sculpts are displeasing IMO, even if the statues have rockin' bods. Plus Cipriano statues tend to get the short end of the QC stick, I've noticed.

do you have to ask? sell the messed-up PF. the face sculpt was terrible anyway. ugh. Cipriano facial sculpts are displeasing IMO, even if the statues have rockin' bods. Plus Cipriano statues tend to get the short end of the QC stick, I've noticed.

Yes the proto ex head was so much better. At least I thought it was.

I agree that Cipriano could do much better when it comes to headsculpts, but in the end these were Trevor Grove's doing.

Super upset with ss right now. I decided to sell a few items to make space and decided to let her go. Upon closer inspection she is now cracking around her thighs. This is a replacement one too!

I was trying to sell some duplicate characters and now I'm cornered with trying to decide if I should sell the damaged pf or sell the comq that I love. What do I do? I have a big collection of pfs and 1/5 so scale isn't an issue.

Keep the comiquette, I like the Pf but too many issues. That's why I sold it, the cracking just kept getting worse

Thanks for all the tips...it really helps to get other opinions.

I would love to get it repainted but would have no idea where to start. Seems like an inconveince to me. I feel like I'm in a lose lose scenario. Will likely put the pf on ebay tonite

yeah if you have a ton of money to pay a decent painter to repaint it. Nothing like paying double the price of the statue to have it look right.

People here do it with 1/6 scale stuff all the time. They buy a figure and then spend twice as much and on assed fan made custom accessories and fixups.

And yeah the original heads were so much better. The ones they went with just look unattractive to me.

Last edited:
People here do it with 1/6 scale stuff all the time. They buy a figure and then spend twice as much and on assed fan made custom accessories and fixups.

And yeah the original heads were so much better. The ones they went with just look unattractive to me.

not debating that its done, saying its not easy or cheap. For the right price you could have someone build you one from scratch.

not debating that its done, saying its not easy or cheap. For the right price you could have someone build you one from scratch.

Yeah. I'm just saying the mentality of a lot of the collectors here is hard to follow to begin with. Seems like they would rather buy an official product and spend hundreds extra customizing it than just be happy with it or get a custom. In the case of this statue having to fix it up is ridiculous it shouldn't have these absurd issues. If I had gotten her and she started cracking I would have just sold her online.

I sold it last week and the buyer told me about the crack in the based and it was awful. I didnt notice about it earlier. So i gave him $20 refund and thanks god he is ok with it. I'm happy to give him refund rather than getting it back. I though i was the only one having this issue. Well its ss quality now, get used to it

If you really like the PF, keep it. The paint can be fixed, pretty easily, actually. The legs are only 2 colors, which you would use masking tape before spraying it. It isn't even a metallic blue, is it? This is a simple thing to fix correctly, once and for all really. This is the SS Psylocke PF. The problem is common. It is what it is, chances are if you want one, you need to do this. You can always have it fixed later. Do you really want to sell it only to find a fixed one later and pay a premium for it after you decide you want it again?

Anybody still have theirs from the first batch and the paint is still perfect?

I had went through two of them before I found a perfect one. Then after a few months it's full PF cracks now. I emailed SS and they said there's nothing they can do about it.

I dont think anyone is going to want this down the road :lol

:monkey1

On a side note I wished the original proto ex head was on there. I don't like the current ex head.

I had went through two of them before I found a perfect one. Then after a few months it's full PF cracks now. I emailed SS and they said there's nothing they can do about it.

Well okay. I've had my replacement body for a year now and I just pulled it out of storage and there are no cracks on the body or base. I hope that a good sign. How long before yours started cracking? (the new body)

Well okay. I've had my replacement body for a year now and I just pulled it out of storage and there are no cracks on the body or base. I hope that a good sign. How long before yours started cracking? (the new body)

About a year exact. It was perfect I made sure when I got it. I would have return it if I had issues. But yeah she was perfect until now. :( maybe I need to learn how to fix these things. Is there somewhere good to show us how to repair and paint these things? I have no idea and what materials do we use?

Ok, you just burned my hopes there buddy. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
I don't know how to fix these things either so hopefully my one is a good one.

Back