Sideshow, please spare no expense with Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But getting back to why I started this thread. I would like to have one ultimate figure to represent Leia on display. The Empire Strikes Back has always been a favorite of mine...for SW movies...and easily in the top 10 of any movies I've ever seen, with plenty of childhood nostalgia thrown in. I have always felt that the character personalities of Luke, Yoda, Vader, Han, and Leia were richest in this film. I only wish the 'feel' of ESB could have extended over to ROTJ (but of course we had a different director, more of Lucas' involvement in the script / directing, etc, etc:rolleyes:)

Anyway, I always loved the flirtatious banter, love / hate relationship between Han and Leia. From the moments in the medical room on Hoth, all the way to the --'I love you!'--'I know.'-- their interactions together were entertaining to watch on screen.

Leia's snow suit is cool because it is the first time you see her wearing something other than a royal gown and it is a functional wear that is more conducive to the environment of the SW universe.

This figure will be a challenge, no doubt. First and foremost is the outfit. Cloth materials and tailoring is Sideshow's weakest area when they are compared to other top 1:6 companies. The entire outfit will be difficult to achieve in 1:6 scale with subtle insulation to make it look like it's designed for cold weather. There are also numerous visual details on the clothing. The vest, in particular, has a distinguishable diamond pleated pattern.

And then you have the base body... Now Sideshow...I know you guys have seen the Hot Toys female, which IMO is the most realisticly proportioned female 1:6 body on the market. Please analyze this body carefully and make a female Prometheus. I'm sure I am not the only Sideshow fan that has regretfully had to skip all of your Sideshow female character offerings because of the Female Buck. OMG, to think of what Aayla could have been!:monkey2 But once you have the new female Prometheus built, a talented sculptor can finally make a proportioned female head whose first name isn't Bobble.

:family
Now get to it! ;)
:family

hoth43ci4.jpg

You said it that the quilting of the material will be a royal PITA. But I would love to see the attempt, even if it is imperfect.

With the possibility of her being announced soon, I thought I would revive this thread. :D

71pxug.jpg

Isn't she wearing the same basic outfit on Hoth, as she is wearing later when they escape from Bespin? What I want is the outfit when Han is frozen and she's taking out Stormtroopers... and if I can get both in one figure I'll be happy.

Isn't she wearing the same basic outfit on Hoth, as she is wearing later when they escape from Bespin? What I want is the outfit when Han is frozen and she's taking out Stormtroopers... and if I can get both in one figure I'll be happy.

Same outfit, she just dumped the vest...and has "shoes" instead of her boots.

Same outfit, she just dumped the vest...and has "shoes" instead of her boots.

Hopefully Sideshow would offer both footwear options, although if they tucked in the pants into tall boots when they boxed the figures, the pants would be wrinkled if you wanted to switch to the Bespin shoes. I would prefer the Hoth boots all the same.

Man.. I'd kill for a hoth leia..

and i'd open a vein for bespin leia..

she is so damn beautiful in empire.

no.. no.. i'd rob a bank to pay for that thing if i had to..

she will be mine.. oh yes.. she will be..

I am surprised this thread went over two pages, not that contributing to it is helping. But I sure hope the figure announcement isn't Leia, we need some Lando real bad. :rock

Back