Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

Just saw the out of box video on SS site for this. Looks very cool....and the music they used is awesome.

Chris

I'm glad you said about that video because i never thought of displaying the compass on the map like in their video.

You gonna buy one Chris?

I honestly believe this may be the best PF I've purchased from Sideshow. It's fantastic in person. Don't believe the early pics in this thread. You can't just zoom the face 5 times normal size, and think that is all there is to it. It has to be taken in as a whole. When you get this thing in normal light, and the shadows fall across the face the way it was designed to do, you'll see there is no need for all the worry about the paint.

JS1.jpg

While they're not nearly as fantastic as some of the photos that have been posted here already, here are a few of mine :) Love this PF :exactly:

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3246.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3241.jpg

While they're not nearly as fantastic as some of the photos that have been posted here already, here are a few of mine :) Love this PF :exactly:

Did you color the string on the compass? Looks better.

Cool, it's quick and easy! Don't know what they were thinking with that gold string :lol

Who knows. :slap

The proof looked like leather, all they had to do was find a dark brown string or black. Creative liberties I guess.

Yours looks good though.

Hello,

I don't post here often, but I got my jack sparrow today. I love the figure, but I'm curious about something. I can't tell in other pictures, but is the white stick that goes into his hair meant to have a small horizontal crack up near the head? The thing is cracked, but almost seems like it is meant to so you it can have some pressure put on it without breaking. Also, his bandana has a small "crack" in it where the print seems to separate with a slight tan coloring in between. Should I send this figure back? Like what was said before, this is going to be a pain to ship back if I have to.
Any help would be wonderful, thanks!

Hello,

I don't post here often, but I got my jack sparrow today. I love the figure, but I'm curious about something. I can't tell in other pictures, but is the white stick that goes into his hair meant to have a small horizontal crack up near the head? The thing is cracked, but almost seems like it is meant to so you it can have some pressure put on it without breaking. Also, his bandana has a small "crack" in it where the print seems to separate with a slight tan coloring in between. Should I send this figure back? Like what was said before, this is going to be a pain to ship back if I have to.
Any help would be wonderful, thanks!

Hi there, sorry to break it to you, but I don't think this PF is supposed to have any cracks. What you're describing sounds like more than sufficient grounds to send it back, as a big of a pain as it is :(

Edit: I'm not sure what Sideshow allows this for, but I know that sometimes they just require pictures of the statue destroyed before they'll send another? Maybe someone else can clarify.

Need some help from fellow collectors. Just recieved my Jack Sparrow piece. When I was unpacking and removing the plastic wrap (with scissors like an idiot) that contains the belt that holds the sword I cut through 3/4 of the belt. The returns department is telling me the belt for the statue does not open up on their display piece so the only thing they can do is exchange an entire body. Here is my question, my belt that contains the sword does open at the buckle and came off no problem. Can anyone else please check theirs and let me know. I think the returns department thought I was full of ****.

My exclusive arrived today. :yess:
616/650

This is a fantastic if not almost perfect PF.
The photos online do not do this statue justice. It must be seen in person to really see how awesome this statue is.

The packaging inside is very well done.
Each part/accessory is wrapped to better protect them. The first thing I did was get the base out. I then put the map on top of the barrel. After that I removed the statue and put it on the base. There is a long strip of plastic wrap around the figure with foam bits to protect the statue from dammage. DO NOT cut the wrap off! Just find where it is taped. Carefully peel the tape and start to unwrap the plastic wrap off (see photo). Take care of the sword as it does get in the way of unwrapping. Remove the foam blocks and your ready for assembly.

All of the accessories really help add to the overall realism to the piece. You can put the loose gun almost any place. The same goes for the jugs, compass (two of them included) and lantern. The lantern lighting effect is very cool and does its job well. Please note that I removed the batteries for long term display. The cloth map is a very nice and awsome touch.

What hand to use :dunno
I ended up with the hand holding the coin. However, the other hands may/will be used from time to time in my display. I put the loose gun on top of the map that is on the barrel and the loose compass hangs from Jacks belt.

Skin tone overall looks great. Detail painting is spot on right down to the cuticals on each of the fingers.

My only nitpicks are the string color for the compass and the belt that holds the sword is not on his sholder correctly. I was able to wiggle it closer but it still is not as good as it could have been from the factory.

This is my pick for PF of the year!
Gandalf is very close coming in second and that comes from a huge LotR fan.

Last edited:

616/650

The photos online do not do this statue justice. It must be seen in person to really see how awesome this statue is.

Each part/accessory is wrapped to better protect them. The first thing I did was get the base out. I then put the map on top of the barrel. After that I removed the statue and put it on the base. There is a long strip of plastic wrap around the figure with foam bits to protect the statue from dammage. DO NOT cut the wrap off! Just find where it is taped. Carefully peel the tape and start to unwrap the plastic wrap off (see photo). Take care of the sword as it does get in the way of unwrapping. Remove the foam blocks and your ready for assembly.

All of the accessories really help add to the overall realism to the piece. You can put the loose gun almost any place. The same goes for the jugs, compass (two of them included) and lantern. The lantern lighting effect is very cool and does its job well. Please note that I removed the batteries for long term display. The cloth map is a very nice and awsome touch.

I ended up with the hand holding the coin. However, the other hands may/will be used from time to time in my display. I put the loose gun on top of the map that is on the barrel and the loose compass hangs from Jacks belt.

Skin tone overall looks great. Detail painting is spot on right down to the cuticals on each of the fingers.

My only nitpicks are the string color for the compass and the belt that holds the sword is not on his sholder correctly. I was able to wiggle it closer but it still is not as good as it could have been from the factory.

l think this is a great piece. and everyone who sees the pics dont like the paint. but everyone who has it says its better in person so l will get him early in the new year. no way im buying him in December. the busiest shipping time of the year, the mail men will be throwing those boxes around trying to keep up with all the packages. so ill wait till next year.

the paint, even if its not perfect, once he is set up with lighting or natural light the shadows should make him look great and mask any imperfections.

Mine has an issue with the eyes. In all of the pics I have seen, the eyes paint job is white. Mine is not painted correctly. Take a look.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I can see where people are complaining about the paint. It's not as subtle as a lot of their PFs. It's straight up just painted like a statue without much effort to make it look real. Especially the black. Whoever was in charge of that was very lazy, especially the mustache and eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but I can see where people have gripes.

616/650

Can you show a close up of your's? You look like you got one that's painted really great.

Though I love this, I think Gandalf is still the best.

I can see where people are complaining about the paint. It's not as subtle as a lot of their PFs. It's straight up just painted like a statue without much effort to make it look real. Especially the black. Whoever was in charge of that was very lazy, especially the mustache and eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but I can see where people have gripes.

here what l think. l think sideshow got cocky and said "everyone will by this PF no matter what because jack is such an iconic character" they thought mabey they didnt have to make it perfect, we will buy it anyway. so they just got lazy in the paint department. why make it perfect when you can go half ass and we will buy it anyway. just a thought, because we all know how amazing paint jobs they can do when they really want to.

Can you show a close up of your's? You look like you got one that's painted really great.

Though I love this, I think Gandalf is still the best.

I don't like to use flash as it is to harsh. I prefer to take pictures using daylight.

First two photos are close up (macro) with flash.
Third photo is a bit further away with flash.

Last photo is from earlier today with natural light (no flash).
Update: I just realized that my color balance is set wrong in the camera for this last photo. I will have to take better ones tomorrow.

Either way, it still looks good.:)

100_2132.jpg

JackPF.jpg

JackandRock2.jpg

JackandRock.jpg

Last edited:
Back