Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

I really wish I had the money for this one right now! From the pictures I have seen it looks fantastic

I really wish I had the money for this one right now! From the pictures I have seen it looks fantastic

Me too. I hope they put up a low quantity bar before it sells out. Money be damned I'm getting one, I'm just putting it off as long as possible.

Flexpay!!!! :banana

Even with FlexPay its a bit out of range for me at the moment.

Got mine last night. I own close to 30 Sideshow 1/4 scale pieces.....and this one is right up there with my favorites. Flawless execution of the medium! The paint, fabric, likeness...it's all there!

Got mine last night. I own close to 30 Sideshow 1/4 scale pieces.....and this one is right up there with my favorites. Flawless execution of the medium! The paint, fabric, likeness...it's all there!

That's what i said a few pages back. :)

Congrats by the way. :hi5:

Is a regular version ? Seems that Sideshow only have send the exclusive version, rights ? When the regular will be release ???

My vendor informed me last night that SS has shipped my regular version. It should arrive today (I'm 2 hrs away from SS's office).

The Fedex guy just delivered my Jack and I'm going to echo the sentiment that one has to see this thing in person before making any assumptions about the quality.

The paint on mine is absolutely fantastic, with none of the shininess that I saw in the pictures in Mike Crawford's review. It might be that only a portion of the production got the bad paint? :huh In any case, I'm extremely pleased with my purchase.

As a bonus, it's the lowest-numbered PF in my collection of 26 pieces so far; number 6/650. :yess:

The Fedex guy just delivered my Jack and I'm going to echo the sentiment that one has to see this thing in person before making any assumptions about the quality.

The paint on mine is absolutely fantastic, with none of the shininess that I saw in the pictures in Mike Crawford's review. It might be that only a portion of the production got the bad paint? :huh In any case, I'm extremely pleased with my purchase.

As a bonus, it's the lowest-numbered PF in my collection of 26 pieces so far; number 6/650. :yess:

Gratz on the low number.

It's funny the difference in opinion between those who have only seen the pics and those who have one in hand. Products always look better in person, but there seems to be a bigger than usualy difference on this one. I'm dying to see one in person.

I just received mine and I really like it. Much better in hand. However, when I inevitably move, packaging it back up is going to be a pain...

It's funny the difference in opinion between those who have only seen the pics and those who have one in hand. Products always look better in person, but there seems to be a bigger than usualy difference on this one. I'm dying to see one in person.

Well, while it's packaged back up now, I had to open my wife's present to make sure there wasn't shipping damage like Jack's head broken off. 30 days guarantee is long gone come Christmas day.

I've got 2 complaints (I guess you can call them that) about the piece. The paint job on Jacks visible skin is the culprit of both.

1. The paint job is kind of sloppy in places. For most viewing, this isn't a huge deal. But, up close you can find areas under inspection. Example: the beard is not painted right in places leaving some of the beard skin-tone and some skin with beard colored paint on it. This is the lesser of my issues with it.

2. The detail on the skin does not represent the pictures of the proof on SSC's site well. There isn't much depth or tone to the skin. From what I could tell there wasn't freckles like on the proof, the face is mostly monotone and the makeup around the eyes is not nearly as soft and pronounced as on the proof. While I know it's unrealistic to expect the proof in a box with these, I've seen much better detailing on other PF's like Gandalf the Grey production pieces. It's like there was an artist that was sick the day this PF was done, and we missed out on that last set of detailing that really makes things pop.

It's still a nice PF, with neat features and a great sculpt. For me, the proof looked very lifelike, and the production piece is more like a mannequin, waxy and flat. I've seen them detail better than this and know it's doable. So, I'm disappointed that they didn't raise the bar to that level, more so than in the piece itself. My wife will love it. It's a good PF. But, it could have been a great PF with just a bit more soft coloring on the skin (especially on the face) and some detailing.

Well there is one more thing, I hate the string on the compass. I wish they had used the leather like on the proof. Even a darker color would have helped, even black.

Last edited:

I just received mine and I really like it. Much better in hand. However, when I inevitably move, packaging it back up is going to be a pain...

:lol:lol:lol

YOU HAVE NO IDEA. I had to do that after inspecting my wifes for Christmas to see if it had shipping damage. I spent probably 20 minutes trying to get the thing back in the box without damaging it. I did learn something I'll pass on to you fine folks. Use the thinner piece of styrofoam to set the components in, and the thicker piece as the lid. You can always flip it over after that to push it into the box. I did it the other way around and it's a bear.

Also, snapping a picture of it in the packaging would probably help to. That reference might be a time saver.

I look forward to hearing what you think of it unless you think it's crap then you're dead to me. :lol ;)

Just had a chance to unpack Jack, love this piece! What everyone is saying about reserving judgment till you have it in hand is 100% correct :exactly:

I hate repackaging collectibles. I snapped Drac's finger trying to get him back in the box. Lucky for me you can't tell it has been superglued. One wrong angle and the slightest bit of pressure and it's all over.

I hate repackaging collectibles. I snapped Drac's finger trying to get him back in the box. Lucky for me you can't tell it has been superglued. One wrong angle and the slightest bit of pressure and it's all over.

Repacking does suck. That Styroform never closes. I take pictures now right when I open the box, just in case I repack.

Back