Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

At least yours had bilateral brown bleed Superman, mine only had the bleed on the right eye

Yeah, significant bleed from the brown iris into the sclera is a good way to describe mine. It should be cream colored white and no darker to look natural. At no time in the movie's did Johnny Depp's eyes have darkish brown sclera as mine did when it arrived. I am getting sent a replacement so I will take a picture of both side by side so everyone can see the difference. It should be arriving this week.

l wondered about this. when this happens do you get to keep the other one, and have two, or do you have to smash it?

Hi,

Just a question ... is there anyone who regret the purchase of this piece ?
I'm still thinking about this statue...
I'm not sure about the face sculpt/painting ...

Hi,

I love this PF and would recommend it to anyone. It's a shame you can't go to a shop and see this for yourself, because i'm sure you'd be walking out of the door with capt Jack. :D

l wondered about this. when this happens do you get to keep the other one, and have two, or do you have to smash it?

In the past, I've always had to smash the statue first, take some pictures, then send them to Sideshow before they'd replace the piece. If you're requesting a replacement due to a common defect, be sure to mention the problem (i.e. eye bleed) and request that the replacement be inspected in the warehouse prior to shipping it to you. I had to smash a replacement Legolas PF because it had a major googly-eye issue, which my previously-smashed original did not.

Hi,

No regrets whatsoever. In fact, I like it even more than I thought I would.

Hi,

After seeing the first pics, I had canceled mine. But a trusted friend told me that I'd made a mistake, so I went ahead and ordered it. Absolutely no regrets. If you dig the Sparrow character (who I think will become as iconic as Indiana Jones, if he hasn't already), this PF has a place in your home.`

I think Sparrow is probably as iconic as Indy, even more so if you look at the younger generation. As such, I intend to display Indy and Jack together.

On the fence about this PF...

For those on the fence,
I just got this statue 28/650 and here are some thoughts.

If you are not buying because there is no
second head with a hat/scowl, I can see your point.
They really should have included a second head.

If you are not buying because you think the likeness is off,
it is because the pictures you are seeing are not
doing the piece justice. It does look more like Johnny Depp in person.
If Gandalf PF likeness is 100% and Indy ROTLA PF is 95%...
Jack gets a 90%. No one would even question it is Jack.
Close enough in my book.

The pose is great.
The base, as others have stated, is the best I've seen.
The exclusive is probably not worth it for most.

Just my opinion, take it as you will.

My only complaint is that the paint job on the hands with the coin/compass/gun are a little darker than the arm.

For those on the fence,
I just got this statue 28/650 and here are some thoughts.

If you are not buying because there is no
second head with a hat/scowl, I can see your point.
They really should have included a second head.

If you are not buying because you think the likeness is off,
it is because the pictures you are seeing are not
doing the piece justice. It does look more like Johnny Depp in person.
If Gandalf PF likeness is 100% and Indy ROTLA PF is 95%...
Jack gets a 90%. No one would even question it is Jack.
Close enough in my book.

The pose is great.
The base, as others have stated, is the best I've seen.
The exclusive is probably not worth it for most.

Just my opinion, take it as you will.

I just got him today. Its my first PF so I dont have anything to compare too...but Im a HUGE Depp fan and I am SUPER Impressed! Seeing this in person is so much more impressive than seeing pics! I was in total shock. I think my hands were shaking from the sheer shock of how awesome this piece is. I must say, Im completely SOLD on PFs now. I need to get me some more so Jack isnt so lonely. :)

Theres a few things I added to the PF that I felt were improvements though. I took the Hat, Compass and Sword from my NECA 18" Jack. The hat fits on the PFs head great. The NECA Compass opens and is slightly larger than the PFs (which I though was kind of small) so I prefer it to the PFs and since the sword isnt removable from the sheath on the PF, the NECA 18" Sword is a nice substitute. Ive had him holding the sword but just changed it to the compass open now.

But anyways....Color me impressed. I am so turned on by these Premium Formats now. Itll be hard to go back to anything else. :panic:

Ill post pics later. :)

I just got him today. Its my first PF so I dont have anything to compare too...I must say, Im completely SOLD on PFs now. I need to get me some more so Jack isnt so lonely. :)

Yup. It's addictive once you get started. My first was the Boba Fett PF back in '06...since then I've picked up 12 PF's. They're just so striking in a collection.

Theres a few things I added to the PF that I felt were improvements though. I took the Hat, Compass and Sword from my NECA 18" Jack. The hat fits on the PFs head great. The NECA Compass opens and is slightly larger than the PFs (which I though was kind of small) so I prefer it to the PFs and since the sword isnt removable from the sheath on the PF, the NECA 18" Sword is a nice substitute. Ive had him holding the sword but just changed it to the compass open now.

But anyways....Color me impressed. I am so turned on by these Premium Formats now. Itll be hard to go back to anything else. :panic:

Ill post pics later. :)

Can't wait to see pics of how he looks with the Neca hat, compass and sword! :rock

PF's are very addictive. I remember the first PF I saw, I thought it was ridiculously overpriced for what it was. Then I bought one and it started a chain reaction.

Indiana Fett, is that a repainted PF Indy? It looks amazing! It looks like you got the hat painted more brown than it's current green, did you do anything with the jacket?

Ordered Jack Sparrow PF from SSC yesterday and got the free Hot Toys' 1/6 Sao Feng. CPT Sparrow has been shipped and will reach me next Monday! Can't wait to have this PF in hand! :)

Back