1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too...

INTO THE CAVE OF THE KRAYT.jpg

(I can't resist sharing more of these shots from the trip....he just looks so awesome there!)

But I am also enjoying Rzeznikk's take on this great figure. Variety can bring out other cool looks for it for sure. As a Ewan fan, I appreciate the look.

Was hoping the HT Alec sculpt would fit on this but the neck is seamless to the torso. Would need a full body swap...tempting

Last edited:
Was hoping the HT Alec sculpt would fit on this but the neck is seamless to the torso. Would need a full body swap...tempting
Plenty good bodies out there.
The one i use most these days is the new Easy/Simple one. It's got decent joints, is quite slender and it's cheap.
The recent DAM bodies are good too. They have an attached neck, but it's very easy to cut it off with a sharp blade.

The World Box A025 is an excellent narrow shoulder body with a removable neck. It’s designed for extreme action poses, and holds them well.

Just bought this figure with the free international shipping, a $25 promo code from Deluxe RotJ Luke (which basically paid the tax) and $10 in rewards. Eventually I'd like to pose it with Solo Maul for their final showdown as depicted in Rebels. Without a custom outfit for Maul it will be an idealised showdown.

I received my figure earlier in the week and have just opened him up to have a look.

First the bad news. Mine has a white mark over the left eyebrow. It's like a paint chip. I've logged a ticket with SS and am hoping they will send a replacement portrait. The portrait is a lot better in hand than I was expecting. A lot of pictures make it look quite soft and in some a bit plasticy. In hand it is very vice. the detail and texturing works well. The one thing I think is holding it back is the eyes. They could use a little more life in them. I also wish the head sat on the neck a little more snuggly. It flares out a bit and with the hood down, unless you angle it just right it looks a bit unsightly.

But everything else on this figure is fantastic. The detail in the clothing and accessories is top notch. The cape is one of the best (although I've noticed Hot Toys capes have been getting a lot better on recent figures). The body is also extremely poseable. It a strange one, it's not as stiff as a Hot Toys but is is certainly not floppy. In fact it seems to feel quite smooth in its articulation - easy to pose and bend but it holds wherever you land it.

I was a little worried getting the figure from SS so long after release. The last time I did so I swear I got a return. This one was minty fresh in the box (portrait damage aside).

Hope to get some pictures soon to post but may hold out until I hear from SS about a replacement head. But overall I am very happy. SS have really stepped up. This and Rogue Squadron Luke are two of my favourite figures. It gives me a lot of confidence in grabbing the new Lando.

I recommend it to anyone on the fence.

Congratulations on picking up this figure.nI hope SSC responds positively and gets you a replacement portrait.

It is an awesome figure! I missed picking up Rogue Leader Luke (much to my regret) and am anxiously awaiting Mythos Fett from BBTS. Panel does look great.

Looking forward to some shots of Kenobi!

Does anyone here have any experience swapping the stock headsculpt with the one from Caine Productions?

You might need to do a body swap, per the recommendation of a known painter I was going to buy that head sculpt from.

Did you manage to get in touch with Caine himself to buy that sculpt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back