1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's worth picking up too, although I'm still annoyed that there wasn't two versions of the sculpt like with the statue. But a really fun figure that allows you to use your imagination...what was Kenobi up to from the time Luke was an infant until a young adult?

A great figure for sure. My only hold up is I guarantee they'll release an HT version of "Kenobi" when the show comes out. Probably won't have the clone backpack and whatnot - but I'm sure we'll get a new design for him.

Honestly, while I wish they had included two head sculpts for Obi Wan like on the original Mythos statue, I don't feel too bad about it, what with Obi Wan getting a spinoff movie and all...

I mean, think about it. Sure, we're almost guaranteed to see a Hot Toys figure in a few years based on McGregor's likeness as a grizzled veteran in the Obi-Wan TV series. But we'll almost definitely never see a live incarnation of Guinness's Obi-Wan for Hot Toys to make a figure out of.

So, the way I see it, this is the Guinness Obi-Wan that we'll never see, but will live on in our imagination. Hence the mythos tag- after all, isn't mythos based on portrayals of characters in stages of their lives that won't be visually represented on screen?

Ironically, with McGregor playing the same era Obi-Wan soon, he kind of just got eliminated from being classified as a mythos figure... ;)

As a sidenote, if you want a McGregor bust for this guy, just wait till he gets his own figure several years from now and plop the head on this body. Done.

I think it's worth picking up too, although I'm still annoyed that there wasn't two versions of the sculpt like with the statue. But a really fun figure that allows you to use your imagination...what was Kenobi up to from the time Luke was an infant until a young adult?

I'm really hoping McGregor has a scene in the show walking in the desert with all of this equipment. I think it'd be pretty cool.

Nice to hear that this figure has high praises. I ordered it around 2am this morning. Hot Toys ROTS Obi and Mythos Obi is both on my flexpay! Now hoping to score a Hot Toys Anakin.

Coming soon...some Mythos Kenobi desert shots...

IMG_20191114_134024.jpg

Once I get home and sort through them, I'll post some more. He looks great out here.

Fantastic pictures, love the wamp rat too! You sir are very lucky to have such a great area to take pictures! Keep them coming, you are making me love this figure even more than I already do lol!

Fantastic photos Jedibear!

Got an RSVP from Sidehow about a Mythos Asajj Ventress statue. Now that's a 1/6 figure I would be interested in.

The lost license talk seems to be false, there was a Rancor and Darth Sidious as well.

Maybe Skiff Lando is not a dream.

Let's hope not...I would love to see that Skiff Lando get made.

In the meantime, Kenobi recieves directions from a diminutive source...

IMG_20191122_104136~2.jpg

He is looking great out here.

Back