1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh noes - I want this thing so much... But I've been desperately avoiding getting into the Star Wars line since HTs got the license, passing up so many awesome characters, and then Sideshow go and drop this! :panic:

Due to the accessories I don't see this being less than 265.... I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yes! Finally a poseable figure, regretted that I did not order the Mythos statue years ago.

I skipped HT Obi Wan because they sculpt didn't work for me. THIS is very promising. I'm glad to see Mythos return, especially as a sixth scale line.

I remember being impressed by the Mythos statue, so I'm certainly intrigued by the figure announcement. I've long hoped for HT to release an Obi-wan from RotS, but this is a very tempting substitute if HT doesn't dive that deeply into the PT.

I'm happy it has the Guinness portrait. EM did nothing for me, and I certainly don't want anything in my collection to remind me of that steamy pile of bantha poodoo called PT.

Based on Snowspeeder Luke's accessories and price this figure should come in at about $729 plus shipping.

Personally, I'll be waiting to see if Sideshow sticks the landing, to see how the actual release version ends up looking, but this one definitely has my attention in a way that I never expected. It might just be my first Star Wars EU purchase.

I do think that Sideshow moving into the expanded universe (previous and current) would be a smart way to differentiate themselves from Hot Toys, while also delivering popular characters that Hot Toys is never going to touch. As long as the quality is good, they could carve out quite a nice little niche there.

Of course in saying that, Disney may not be very cooperative as far as allowing for older characters from the previously established expanded universe to be made now, perhaps even some of those technically made canon by the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons, so who knows... :huh

Looks great, going to save me a lot of time and effort on the custom I was making. I was lucky enough to get the Ewan/Alec sculpt to swap on this.

I think it will look great. Knowing sideshow, I'm predicting a wallet gouging $285. But it's EU so they can take certain liberties with the likeness and style. I'll be fine with either a Guinness or McGregor sculpt. The one pictured looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to have to weather it a bit more and add a fur sleeping bag/mat as it didn't appear he has one so it will still give me a bit of fun to work on this.

I'm going to pass on this, but only because I am already over extended getting other things. I haven't been a fan of SSC figures lately, but I wonder if this could be SSC's new Star Wars niche as HT slowly takes over dominating the line. It will be interesting to watch and see.

Anyway looks way cool, can't wait to see how the final product comes out.

I'm going to pass on this, but only because I am already over extended getting other things. I haven't been a fan of SSC figures lately, but I wonder if this could be SSC's new Star Wars niche as HT slowly takes over dominating the line. It will be interesting to watch and see.

Anyway looks way cool, can't wait to see how the final product comes out.

3 of the last 4 SS figures I've gotten have been pure gold - ToD Indiana Jones, Ash Williams, Rogue Squadron Luke. Only 4LOM hasn't been mighty impressive because, well, he's 4LOM and not that impressive to start with (although SS did a great job on the head and eyes). I'd go so far as to say Rogue Squadron Luke tops most of the Hot Toys Star Wars figures. Yes Sideshow bodies still aren't up to Hot Toys standards, but I don't think they get the credit they deserve for the leaps and bounds they have made. Although that could be because they are also skyrocketing the prices and I get, given the past, people aren't keen on buying at that price when they look at their older SS figures.

Back