Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if I'm being all late to the party, but was a decent time gap between HM and Skeletor planned? Or do you think they may be changing him?

Yeah, the changes will be minor, and most likely to the colouring of parts of his skin (that's the main assumption, as they said the changes were very minimal and Mattel was happy overall.) Though they did say that Skeletor's PO would likely be in 2016 now, which means he'll probably be scheduled to arrive at the end of 2016 - start of 2017.

As for the statue, I'm loving it every time I look at it. I'm just trying to debate whether or not I should flex him or not. Our dollar could go either way over the next year, so if I just pay for him all at once at the end of next year, I could save money if the dollar goes up...that said, if it drops even more, then I could spend more if I do that. The other option is to just have every flex payment change (albeit fairly minimally) every month until he's done.

Yeah, the changes will be minor, and most likely to the colouring of parts of his skin (that's the main assumption, as they said the changes were very minimal and Mattel was happy overall.) Though they did say that Skeletor's PO would likely be in 2016 now, which means he'll probably be scheduled to arrive at the end of 2016 - start of 2017.

As for the statue, I'm loving it every time I look at it. I'm just trying to debate whether or not I should flex him or not. Our dollar could go either way over the next year, so if I just pay for him all at once at the end of next year, I could save money if the dollar goes up...that said, if it drops even more, then I could spend more if I do that. The other option is to just have every flex payment change (albeit fairly minimally) every month until he's done.

2017 never felt so far away. :( But that gives me a heck of a lot of time to save up. I plan to get both, but 2016 is going to be a very slow collecting year for me. More saving up than actual getting, mainly because this year I got a lot of sold out stuff and paid for it. Only things I plan to get that may be released next year are these two and the new Godzilla statue.

Ugh
$400 is just depressing for 1/5
Always intended on passing on the Viking but that Skelator needs to come home with me.
Wonder if we will see yet another bump on him once preorder comes up.

I hope the changes mentioned causing a delay are very minor, he looked so amazing in the con pics/videos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Hello Collectors, while this is not an SSC product I just got this in and I thought I'd share since we are talking about MOTU here:

e7218c9d57a894b27dfe9b2c8ebac5d2.jpg
dcef33b585867866ded7524b8de3d377.jpg

df60f0ca3a07802c74fe87e3b0113e23.jpg
c9db2f080b28077685117b56b98f9abf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
Congrats on the awesome bust. Light up effect seals it. Great pickup!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I really do hope they don't bump the price by the time Skeletor decides to hit. I mean if I get any of them that's the one I want.

I went from a pretty definite pass on this line, to "get me a ticket" this morning. Lynn looks hot IMO

sent from the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon

She looks great! But when is Skeletor ever going up for preorder?!?!

She looks great! But when is Skeletor ever going up for preorder?!?!

Is that why I couldn't find it in the SSC website?

That's actually good for me ...I have time to decide on him ...as this Evil-Lyn is making me rethink jumping into this line.

This is what Queen of the Dead's face should've looked like.

Last edited:
Like what I see so far... just wish SS would give us more insight into this line. Don't want to get involved if it ends with the three.

Like what I see so far... just wish SS would give us more insight into this line. Don't want to get involved if it ends with the three.

On statue forums, IGO stated that they only have 3 planned (He-Man, Skeletor, and Evil-Lyn), and depending on sales, if they do well, they would do more, but only if sales are good. But as of now for certain, these 3 are it.

Back