Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well as far as collecting 1/4 goes I have a list of pieces I'd like. After that if they make smaller batman statues fine, but I can't wait to stop dropping this kind of money :lol

:lol Yeah, I hear ya. It's statues like this guy that catch me off guard. I had no idea he was in the works, then BAM, crazy cool and really well done. Same thing happened with Spider-Man and Red Sonja. I was safe...until Prime 1 showed off the Arkham line. Now I really don't know how much trouble I'm in! :lol Add on all the new Star Wars Hot Toys, and, well...it's painful. :lol

Yep, they just left off the last line in the preview. $399.99 as I assumed it'd be, even though I was hoping for $20 cheaper. :lol

The Exclusive and regular editions of the He-Man Statue will be priced at $399.99, with optional payment plans available. Pre-orders begin this Thursday, September 24th!

Really surprised that it is or would be that much! When the guy at SSC was being interviewed at Comic Con I was right there and one of the reasons he said that they went 1/5 on this line was to make it affordable and to see how well the that line would sell; 400.00 for a 1/5 scale is not affordable it would be right up there with a 1/4 PF. Hope they keep to that stance of making it cheaper than a 1/4 scale statue. Just saying...it's a great statue but at a 1/4 scale price they better make it 1/4 then.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

Really surprised that it is or would be that much! When the guy at SSC was being interviewed at Comic Con I was right there and one of the reasons he said that they went 1/5 on this line was to make it affordable and to see how well the that line would sell; 400.00 for a 1/5 scale is not affordable it would be right up there with a 1/4 PF. Hope they keep to that stance of making it cheaper than a 1/4 scale statue. Just saying...it's a great statue but at a 1/4 scale price they better make it 1/4 then.

They'll almost always be cheaper than a 1/4th statue. I can't even think of a reason for them to be more at any point. As for the pricing, this is no longer a PF price, and hasn't been for about a year. The PF price definitely jumped too fast, but that's another story for another place, but $399.99 is pretty much where I would think most expected this to land after the Mythos line that came out roughly three years ago was $350. I do think $399.99 is on the high end of the 1/5th spectrum, and hopefully the female statues will come in a little cheaper. Odds are they won't, but I'd have to think He-Man and Skeletor will be the high end of the price spectrum for this line.

This is exactly what he meant, it's 100% in line with what SS wants to charge for statues.

Based on the McQuarrie Stormtrooper statue, I'm not surprised at the price. But I was hoping it'd be more like $350. I want this thing so bad. I can swing He-man and Skeletor but beyond that....

Another $70 and you are in PF territory. Should have made this 1/4 scale. 1/4 scale is much more desirable than 1/5.

I like these in 1/5th. It's tighter and and the smaller size allows for finer details, as Sideshow mentioned. I've honestly never understood it when people dismiss 1/5th instantly. Not that you're doing that, but I've seen it elsewhere where people go, "I'd get it if it was 1/4th," and I don't get that. Sure it may be slightly out of scale with other things, but if you place him and Skeletor on a shelf together, nobody is going to go, "Man, those look terrible compared to the statues above them!"

I mean, if you don't like the statues, that's fine; but I don't get passing on them just because they're a bit smaller if you like them. These were never going to be $350...that's where 1/5th was at Sideshow three or so years ago. I think $385 would've given more wiggle room to move up to $399.99, as I don't think they should go past $400 any time soon, but complaining that these are too pricey and then saying just add on $70 and make them a PF doesn't make much more sense.

I mean, it's all personal preference really. I'm at work so I haven't really had time to admire the pictures, but from what I quickly scanned earlier, this statue has a high chance of being the ideal He-Man representation -- unless you're 100% set on having him look like the '80s cartoon.

Not sure I like the sound of that, this looked perfect as is and don't see anything that could be improved IMO. I hope they aren't toning down the dark, evil look of Skeletor.

This is what Igo said

Just a heads up guys, talks with Mattel went REALLY REALLY well… only thing changing on either of them is we'll be tweaking the colors on Skeletor a tiny bit, but otherwise these were both totally approved.

Yeah, I'm betting they wanted Skeletor's skin color changed. The purple was a little baffling, even though it looked good. A dark blue could work I think. Still keep with the dark color scheme, but be closer to the color he's pretty much always had. That's really the only thing I've seem people be somewhat negative towards and most seemed OK with it even. All I know is Skeletor will be mine, so I think I'm going to have to get He-Man to go with him. I can hopefully just keep it to the two of them :lol

Yeah, I'm betting they wanted Skeletor's skin color changed. The purple was a little baffling, even though it looked good. A dark blue could work I think. Still keep with the dark color scheme, but be closer to the color he's pretty much always had. That's really the only thing I've seem people be somewhat negative towards and most seemed OK with it even. All I know is Skeletor will be mine, so I think I'm going to have to get He-Man to go with him. I can hopefully just keep it to the two of them :lol

I agree . Personally while I like what I saw at Comic Con with Skeletor, I am one of the collectors that would like his skin tone a little closer to the original color perhaps not blue like in the cartoon but a navy blue tone. The current color along with his new design to me changes the character a little too much from the MOTU universe to their Court of the Dead series, which I also love, but is not "the Skeletor"to me instead he's just a kick ass reaper statue. Either way I'm getting him and because he so different in appearance from MOTU Skeletor I don't think I need to pair him up with any other MOTU characters. That is why I love the PCS bust, it's a realistic variant of Skeletor but stays rooted to the original MOTU Skeletor design.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

Yeah, that Skeletor bust is awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if the alternate 'classic' head looks pretty close to it. Its a near spot-on take of what I would picture Skeletor of looking like if he wasn't animated or an 80's toy. I think the 200X line has my favorite Skeletor figure so far just because it wasn't so cartoony and with weird proportions. That personally turned me off from MotUC with Matty. I'm just not a huge retro fan. I know sculpting and articulation is far better these days and I'd like new toys to reflect that. I don't want them done in a less detailed or not as good as they could be for nostalgia factor. So this Sideshow Skeletor is the closest thing of getting a highly detailed version of the character. PCS may do an equally nice one in the same style as the 1:1 bust but I'm not a huge fan of their He-Man, although the idea of a Battle Cat companion is really cool. So for the sake of a continuity and sense of style, Sideshow is my preference. I'm not the biggest MotU fan by any means, but I've always loved Skeletor and enjoyed the line as a whole. Oh, how I would have loved 1:6 figures though. Maybe someday when the new movie finally happens.

Even as a huge MOTU fan, I really liked the darker black/purple.

Ouch!! $400 that's going to seriously make me think about this line.

Living in the UK means I'm looking at £360 (ish) including Customs which when you run it back to $'s means I'm looking at this piece costing me $540 all in which as I'm sure you can appreciate is a lot money

I may have to look at a UK supplier to see if any savings can be made & forgo the Ex

I was really hoping for a proper sub $400 price tag nearer to the older 1/5th stuff.

I really want him so I will definitely be keeping my options open.

Neil

This guy looks beautiful! If I had the space, I'd get both he and Skeletor. Is the mixed media just the cape, or is the "qilt" and the chest piece also mixed media?

I wonder if SSC is going the 1/5 route now for certain lines of PFs to bring their prices back down to around $400? First there was that TDK scare but this is confirmed to be 1/5 now?

Yeah, that Skeletor bust is awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if the alternate 'classic' head looks pretty close to it. Its a near spot-on take of what I would picture Skeletor of looking like if he wasn't animated or an 80's toy. I think the 200X line has my favorite Skeletor figure so far just because it wasn't so cartoony and with weird proportions. That personally turned me off from MotUC with Matty. I'm just not a huge retro fan. I know sculpting and articulation is far better these days and I'd like new toys to reflect that. I don't want them done in a less detailed or not as good as they could be for nostalgia factor. So this Sideshow Skeletor is the closest thing of getting a highly detailed version of the character. PCS may do an equally nice one in the same style as the 1:1 bust but I'm not a huge fan of their He-Man, although the idea of a Battle Cat companion is really cool. So for the sake of a continuity and sense of style, Sideshow is my preference. I'm not the biggest MotU fan by any means, but I've always loved Skeletor and enjoyed the line as a whole. Oh, how I would have loved 1:6 figures though. Maybe someday when the new movie finally happens.

Mondo is gonna make 1/6 MOTU figures.

This guy looks beautiful! If I had the space, I'd get both he and Skeletor. Is the mixed media just the cape, or is the "qilt" and the chest piece also mixed media?

I wonder if SSC is going the 1/5 route now for certain lines of PFs to bring their prices back down to around $400? First there was that TDK scare but this is confirmed to be 1/5 now?

The MOTU line was confirmed as 1/5th scale at SDCC by Sideshow. The Dark knight scare was because people don't know math. :lol

I was actually thinking about maybe picking up this He-Man to go with Skeletor, but at $400, i'll just choose one. That Skeletor will be it until the next villain creeps in and I have to decide if its worth it or not.

Back