Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish they had Teela planned, too. That way if it ended with four statues they'd be balanced out.

Exactly! We have a menage-a-trois with Evil-Lyn in the middle.

Teela needs to balance out Evil-Lyn. Poor girl is outnumbered ...wait, He-man is outnumbered ...:lol

Either way it feels like a line that never will be completed. With the prices the way they are and the time these things come out people have to be VERY picky. I can't see this line expanding past the 3. Oh well... they do look great IMO.

I am definitely up for He-man and Skeletor. Unsure about Evil-Lynn. It'll depend on the full reveal, I guess.

If they go Beast Man or Man-at-Arms as the fourth, I think they'll get more interest as a He-Man line.Those two appeal to me so much more than Teela or Sorceress.

Like what I see so far... just wish SS would give us more insight into this line. Don't want to get involved if it ends with the three.

We have an extensive interview with the designer of these statues Stjepan Sejic on episode 23 of The Hottoycast. :)

Hot-Toycast-logo-MOTU.jpg

I really hope they plan for more than three statues. The sky is the limit with this line and ending with Evil-Lyn would be disappointing. I agree that four at minimum to balance out the line. There are so many heroes and villains that they could keep it going for a couple years. The sorceress to me would make a lot of sense next. He-mans new sideshow statue has a lot of elements indicating the sorceress on his costume so embodying that in a sorceress statue would be very cool. I would also like to see Trap Jaw, Beast Man, Man at Arms, hell even a $200 Orko sorta like they produced the Thor Frog would be awesome IMO. I think I will pre-order Evil-Lyn because I think she will be cool but I also want to support the line. I really want this line to go on for 3-4 characters per side.

Come on with Skelator already! Been waiting since Comic Con to see him go up. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but it was at least added to the He-Man statue order page. Looks like Skeletor was lightened up a bit but still looks great side by side with He-Man!

masters-of-the-universe-he-man-statue-sideshow-200549-14.jpg

So much coming out, I'm still on the fence with this line. I love them and think they're gorgeous, but I'm just not sure about which way to angle my collection moving forward. Decisions, decisions!

Not sure if this was posted earlier, but it was at least added to the He-Man statue order page. Looks like Skeletor was lightened up a bit but still looks great side by side with He-Man!

masters-of-the-universe-he-man-statue-sideshow-200549-14.jpg

So much coming out, I'm still on the fence with this line. I love them and think they're gorgeous, but I'm just not sure about which way to angle my collection moving forward. Decisions, decisions!

I went back and looked at the Skeletor that was at Comic Con and it doesn't appear that they lightened him up, on the contrary they darkened him and made him more of purple/blue than a lighter purple that he was at comic con. They also made his cape lining purple. At comic con his cape had a blue lining. In a sense they inverted the cape and skin colors. I personally like this newer color scheme a lot better. Google a pic from comic con to compare. I'm curious if people like this newer color scheme.

I went back and looked at the Skeletor that was at Comic Con and it doesn't appear that they lightened him up, on the contrary they darkened him and made him more of purple/blue than a lighter purple that he was at comic con. They also made his cape lining purple. At comic con his cape had a blue lining. In a sense they inverted the cape and skin colors. I personally like this newer color scheme a lot better. Google a pic from comic con to compare. I'm curious if people like this newer color scheme.
uploadfromtaptalk1452651844405.jpg

Here's a good shot from comic con...I do kind of like the original color a bit better than the blue. I think there's just something about the shade of blue they used that bugs me. I do like the cape color much better....will still pre order it no doubt! the sculpt is excellent and sinister looking....body color will grow on me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
He is definitely blue/purple now as before he was black/darker here is my video from ComicCon! I really like him with the tint of blue/purple better-must buy for sure!

Sideshow Collectibles HeMan and Skeletor at San Diego ComicCon 2015 - YouTube

Agreed. He looks fantastic. This is a must buy in my book. Bringing the blue skin tone back just makes me think of the cartoon Skeletor and thats what this is all about right? Those awesome memories of being younger watching these characters!? I really want this masters line to continue past Evil-Lyn. Any word on if Skeletor is going to have an exclusive? I had not seen any mention of that. I love the He-Man exclusive and will display him with the battle axe for sure.

Back